Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Ken Howard Cast As The Father Of 2 Characters
Topic Started: Jan 17 2012, 11:17 PM (1,972 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

The stars keep aligning in Genoa City! TV Guide Magazine has learned that Tony award and two-time Emmy winner Ken Howard will appear on CBS' The Young and the Restless as George, the long-estranged dad of battling sibs Phyllis (Michelle Stafford) and Avery (Jessica Collins).

As of now, Howard is set for four episodes. He starts shooting at the number one sudser on January 19 and will hit the air February 23.

Howard was the star of the beloved '70s series The White Shadow and has appeared in a wide range of films from 1776 (he'll always be Thomas Jefferson to us!) and Rambo to Michael Clayton and HBO's Grey Gardens. It's a sure bet the stars of Y&R will be on their best behavior when Howard's on the set he's also president of the Screen Actors Guild!

TV Guide
Quote Post Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

Android
Jan 17 2012, 11:17 PM
The stars keep aligning in Genoa City! TV Guide Magazine has learned that Tony award and two-time Emmy winner Ken Howard will appear on CBS' The Young and the Restless as George, the long-estranged dad of battling sibs Phyllis (Michelle Stafford) and Avery (Jessica Collins).

As of now, Howard is set for four episodes. He starts shooting at the number one sudser on January 19 and will hit the air February 23.

Howard was the star of the beloved '70s series The White Shadow and has appeared in a wide range of films from 1776 (he'll always be Thomas Jefferson to us!) and Rambo to Michael Clayton and HBO's Grey Gardens. It's a sure bet the stars of Y&R will be on their best behavior when Howard's on the set he's also president of the Screen Actors Guild!

TV Guide
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: ,
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MN's Nice
Member Avatar

Hope it explains some of the angst between the sisters. Might end up siding with one or the other after it's all said and done.
Personally, I think Avery is naive. Phyllis has either seen it or done it.
We will soon see...

Marquise
Member Avatar

the Summers Family Secret storyline laid a rotten egg so they're going to bring in Daddy StoleStuff. :shame:

it's not enough that the stories suck. they have to suck AND blow. :censored:

Daytime
Member Avatar

:soapbox: :soapbox: :frustration: :frustration: :shame: :shame:

Checkers
Member Avatar

Are you kidding me? I thought this storyline was over. Goodness gracious this madness just won't end.

WVAndi

Why don't they just send Avery on her way, not to bring Mommy and or Daddy in to solve the problems of the sisters ~ Phyllis and freaky Avery??

I don't like Ken Howard, couldn't have they picked someone else other than this sleaze ball??

I am all for Phyllis :cheer: , Avery I could care less about :scared: she's nothing but trouble from the word go!!

Best think for Avery is to go home with Daddy dearest and stay the heck away from GC!!

cgoff
Member Avatar

it is a BIG deal that the SAG President is doing this "character" on Y & R. SAG is important to the actors and to have Ken Howard there for filming 4 episodes is something!

I remember the "other" George Summers bach when Phyllis's parent's visited, Abbey Dalton played Phyllis's mother, they were both snobs and treated their "only" child like crap, until MAB re-wrote Phyllis's history and gave her the sister from hell.

WVAndi

I am sorry I must have Ken Howard mixed up with somone else!!

The name is very familiar but I can't place him!!

Hopefully he will get the truth out in the open ~ Phyllis will be the good girl (Phyllis is my favorite) and Avery the brat and holy terror!! :censored: :sarcasm: :badmood: Can't stand Avery!!

Deleted User
Deleted User

^Here's a picture of the actor:

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

WVAndi

Thank you for the picture of Ken Howard!!

Likeing him or not ~ I will watch the Y & R ~ I want or should I say I hope Daddy puts Avery in her place!!

Hope Phyllis turns out to be the good daughter (since she is my favorite) and Avery the bad daughter (don't like her she is such a snob) ~ Miss Goody-Goody two shoes!!

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Android
Jan 18 2012, 07:48 PM

WOW! Great Choice to play her dad, the resemblance is rather striking.
Posted Image Posted Image

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

cgoff
Jan 18 2012, 03:58 PM
it is a BIG deal that the SAG President is doing this "character" on Y & R. SAG is important to the actors and to have Ken Howard there for filming 4 episodes is something!

I remember the "other" George Summers bach when Phyllis's parent's visited, Abbey Dalton played Phyllis's mother, they were both snobs and treated their "only" child like crap, until MAB re-wrote Phyllis's history and gave her the sister from hell.
Quote:

It's not a big deal at all, he's just another actor who happens to be prez of SAG at the moment, doesn't make him king of the world, he has to work too.
I never even heard of him. I thought Ken Howard was some skinny dark haired guy.
Edited by Sammie Jo, Jan 19 2012, 12:31 AM.

LPS
Member Avatar

lightandday
Jan 18 2012, 11:55 PM
Android
Jan 18 2012, 07:48 PM

WOW! Great Choice to play her dad, the resemblance is rather striking.
Posted Image Posted Image
Indeed, they both have some big azz noses! LOL

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

I remember him on Dynasty. I'd LOVE to see the original story with Phyllis' parents. I'ven ever enjoyed Avery or this connection with Phyllis.

cgoff
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Jan 19 2012, 12:30 AM
cgoff

Quote:

It's not a big deal at all, he's just another actor who happens to be prez of SAG at the moment, doesn't make him king of the world, he has to work too.
I never even heard of him. I thought Ken Howard was some skinny dark haired guy.
he is not "just another actor" and evidently you do not know how important SAG is to "the actors"

he has worked on TV, on Broadway and on Film

he is very versatile in both comedy and drama

kudos to TPTB to get someone of this calibar for 4 guest shots and what I think will be the winning emmy reels for Michelle Stafford!

MN's Nice
Member Avatar

I'm a Phyllis fan too! I hope he comes back and knock's Avery off her high horse. Granted, Phyllis isn't a saint, but at least she's honest and open on her feelings.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

cgoff
Jan 19 2012, 09:35 AM
Sammie Jo
cgoff

Quote:

he is not "just another actor" and evidently you do not know how important SAG is to "the actors"

kudos to TPTB to get someone of this calibar for 4 guest shots and what I think will be the winning emmy reels for Michelle Stafford!
Quote:

" and evidently you do not know how important SAG is to "the actors"

That's really funny, seeing as how one of my uncles is an actor/author and I worked for Colombia pictures and William Morris Theatrical Agency.
It's nice that you're so impressed but I'm not, he's just another actor who happened to get elected to be the SAG prez.

pantherlake31

It says a lot about the character of people who claim Phyllis is their favorite. Phyllis is a killer (some people have short memories), liar, manipulative, egotistical schemer, nymphomaniac, who has no moral values, no self respect, and no shame.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

cgoff
Jan 19 2012, 09:35 AM
Sammie Jo
cgoff

Quote:

He hasn't even aired yet and you're already giving the emmy to Michelle Stafford :huh1:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply