Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Glee: Rachel's Dads have been Cast!
Topic Started: Jan 17 2012, 11:59 PM (361 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

'Glee': Jeff Goldblum, Brian Stokes Mitchell to Play Rachel's Gay Dads
The musically inclined actors will first appear on the Feb. 14 Valentine's Day episode.

It may have taken nearly three seasons, but Rachel's (Lea Michele) gay dads will finally make an appearance on Fox's Glee.

'Glee's' Lea Michele on 'The First Time' Episode, Rachel's Lessons
Musically inclined actors Jeff Goldblum and Broadway veteran Brian Stokes Mitchell have booked the plumb roles, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The actors will first appear in the Feb. 14 Valentine's Day episode, titled "Heart," as first reported by TV Line.

Gleeco-creator Ryan Murphy told THR in June that he was "really interested" in seeing the two characters, who have been referenced countless times but never seen on screen.

"Iím really interested in seeing Rachel's gay dads who weíve never met," he said at the time. "Iíve said that I donít want to do that. But maybe now is the time to do it."

THR polled the cast in February, with the top candidates ranging from Taye Diggs, Nathan Lane and Hugh Jackman. Casting for the roles began in December.

Goldblum, whose credits include The Fly, JurassicPark and Law & Order: Criminal Intent, has a roster of Broadway credits including The Pillowman, Two Gentlemen of Verona and The Exonerated and is a an accomplished jazz pianist.

Stokes Mitchell, meanwhile, is a Tony winner for his performance on Broadway's Kiss Me, Kate, and has been nominated for three other Tonys for his performances in Man of La Mancha, King Hedley II and Ragtime. His small-screen work includes The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Frasier and Ugly Betty.

Both actors are slated to sing in the episode. They join a season which so far has featured a slew of guest stars in parental roles as McKinley's seniors -- including Rachel, Finn (Cory Monteith), Mike (Harry Shum Jr.) and Kurt (Chris Colfer) -- head toward graduation.

What do you think of the castings? Glee returns with its Michael Jackson tribute episode on Jan. 31 at 8 p.m.

source
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Jeff Goldblum is an excellent choice. I have always been very fond of his work, and he can do comedy very well.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Meh, they both seem pretty uninspired to me. Would have liked to see them go in a completely different direction.

~bl~
Member Avatar

I'm shocked they didn't mention Brian Stokes Mitchell from his famous role television role, but that was on Trapper John in the 80s. I just know who he because of being on Pyramid reruns, (they had a good amount of soap stars as guests so years ago I'd watch it on GSN during dinner.)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply