Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Idol: Season 11
Topic Started: Jan 18 2012, 08:11 PM (11,902 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Premiering right now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

OMFG. LOVED these two!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

That last guy who was super-hyped and will probably win- when they were like "That's unique" and whatever other crap all I could think was "Turn around- he's no different than the past few winners, excluding Scotty who has a country twist on the formula." There were also a few who didn't quite win. White guys with OK/weak/limited voices who are able to cover a bit with guitar playing. People who will not sell. It's not special or impressive to me in the slightest.

I'm going to need to break up with this show. I just can't do that again.

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

AllmyDaysatGh
Jan 19 2012, 01:50 AM

OMFG. LOVED these two!
Uh oh, white guy with a guitar. There's your new Idol 2012.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I loved Phillip Phillips...and I agree...he is so going to make it...white southern male...a shoo-in for a win or Top 5 finish....

Layla
Member Avatar

I'm still not a fan of JLo, but I realized last night that as a judge, she isn't that bad. She seems genuine (eh... kind of) and actually has some insightful comments -- unlike Steven, who keeps saying "beautiful", LoL.

Some memorable auditions from last night:
The lady who lived in the tent - LOVE her voice. And her quirky personality was great too. She's one of my favorites so far.

The brother/sister - I adored the girl's voice. I didn't get love for the guy. I mean, he was good (and kudos for him for picking a David Cook song!), but he wasn'tamazing. What's up with the judges begging him to audition? :eyeroll: I hate how he completely overshadowed his sister (not that I'm saying it's his fault).

Phillips Phillips (LMAO at his name) - I agree with px; he doesn't impress me at all. I see guys like him in bars and restaurants all the time. He has a good voice, but is overrated.
Edited by Layla, Jan 19 2012, 07:20 PM.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

I think it's interesting that Colton Dixon is back. Let's see how far he makes it this season. LOL at the pissed off faces his sister was making. :laugh:

I wasn't too impressed with Phillip Phillips...until he played Thriller. He busted his string and kept on playing without losing his concentration. That was pretty cool.

On tonight's show, so far, my favorite contestant was that guy who did the Family Matters theme. LOL! Wasn't expecting that. :lol:

LMAO @ the planking girl. Did she really get a ticket to Hollywood just for planking?

ETA: I love your Clueless avvie Layla! :)
Edited by Zoe_Zeppelin, Jan 19 2012, 08:37 PM.

Layla
Member Avatar

Zoe_Zeppelin
Jan 19 2012, 08:37 PM
I think it's interesting that Colton Dixon is back. Let's see how far he makes it this season. LOL at the pissed off faces his sister was making. :laugh:
LOL, yeah, his sister looked mad! But I don't know... I have a feeling that the whole thing was just an act and was all planned out by their parents or something. Or maybe I'm just thinking too much about it.

Quote:

I wasn't too impressed with Phillip Phillips...until he played Thriller. He busted his string and kept on playing without losing his concentration. That was pretty cool.
His 'Thriller' cover was much better than his 'Superstition' one. I'm a bit confused on why they let him use the guitar... I thought instruments weren't allowed in auditions? :shrug:

Can't comment on the rest because I haven't seen tonight's show yet (West coaster here!).

Quote:

Thanks! I love that movie. :D

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

If Steven says "beautiful" one more time I am sending him a damn dictionary.

I liked the "thriller" guy,but it's time for a girl to win.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Wasn't really to crazy about many people during the Pittsburg auditions - I did love seeing that one guy come back from last seasons auditions, he did improve & I'm glad the judges put him through. I also saw a spark in that girl who sang last.
wiggleworm
Jan 19 2012, 01:47 PM
AllmyDaysatGh
Jan 19 2012, 01:50 AM

OMFG. LOVED these two!
Uh oh, white guy with a guitar. There's your new Idol 2012.
LMAO. I thought the exact same thing. True, but I can't help but really dig him. I thought he did soo good, and after watching the Pittsburgh auditions, he's still a front-runner for me.
Mitchapalooza
Jan 19 2012, 02:24 PM
I loved Phillip Phillips...and I agree...he is so going to make it...white southern male...a shoo-in for a win or Top 5 finish....
Well I'm glad we agree on at least one persons voice so far! :P LOL
Zoe_Zeppelin

On tonight's show, so far, my favorite contestant was that guy who did the Family Matters theme. LOL! Wasn't expecting that. :lol:

LMAO @ the planking girl. Did she really get a ticket to Hollywood just for planking?
I thought his version of that song was STUNNING. So good. That's what made me like him. I'm really interested in seeing what he could do with other songs...

I liked that guy as well :)

I was seriously LOL uncontrollably at that planking girl. HILARIOUS! I was obsessed with planking a few months ago. I don't do it anymore but I still laugh at it.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

:eyeroll: I'm sorry.

Layla
Member Avatar

Okay, I almost busted a rib laughing at the planking girl. How random, LOL! I'll admit, I was too distracted by the ridiculousness to pay attention to her sister.

I liked the Korean guy. There's just something cutely dorky about him.

I agree with y'all, the contestant who covered the Family Matters theme was good!

Travis (the guy from last season) - Didn't think there was anything special about him, but I'm not disappointed that he made it through. His story was terrible; what a bitch his mom is for abandoning her sons for another man!

LOVE the mobile DJ. Her voice is so sexy and sultry!

Totally agree with AllmyDays re: the last girl. I have a feeling she will go far!
There are so many talented females this season (and we're barely on the second audition!). I love how they're not just the typical cookie-cutter type artists. They all have a distinct personality and unique sound to them. Hell yeah, I think it's time for a girl to win!

Layla
Member Avatar

AllmyDaysatGh
Jan 20 2012, 04:17 AM

Sorry, maybe I'm just slow today, but why the eye roll?

He seems like a nice, well-mannered kid -- which you don't see often these days, LoL. His voice is not good enough to win the entire thing, but good enough to get a golden ticket, IMO. :shrug:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

First off, they need to stop showing the irritating, soul-less 15 year-olds and emphasizing how they grew up with Idol. It makes me feel old. And really, several of them should form a group, balance out each others blandness by having a variety of personalities to attract fans. Then one can emerge with a solo career, maybe.

Second, that douchebag with the pregnant wife who turned down a job to go on the show...seriously, bro? I wanted to crawl through the tv and beat the shit out of him. Such a sad statement on American culture, all these people seeking salvation through reality tv. And this idiot, with his idiot wife ("Once you have a kid you can't just pick up and go" though it's OK while she's pregnant, I guess that doesn't mean he's got a kid yet?!). Just...obnoxious. Selfish and obnoxious.

I've yet to be blown away- or even really interested in- anyone. Mostly I think I'm waiting to see what happens in the ratings when The Voice comes back.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

I found this on TMZ.

Quote:

'American Idol' Tent Girl Amy Brumfield -- The Boozy Criminal Past

*Pic behind spoiler tag so it doesn't stretch the page.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Click HERE for the full story.

Despite all that I hope they give her a chance. She does have a good voice.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Layla
Jan 20 2012, 08:08 PM
AllmyDaysatGh
Jan 20 2012, 04:17 AM

Sorry, maybe I'm just slow today, but why the eye roll?

He seems like a nice, well-mannered kid -- which you don't see often these days, LoL. His voice is not good enough to win the entire thing, but good enough to get a golden ticket, IMO. :shrug:
Lol! Ugh, don't mind me. I should've explained more. It's nothing against him really, my annoyance is just with how that whole thing was structured. Move it along! It was OBVIOUS he made it and they drug it out so long. I get really annoyed with the obvious ones, sorry. LOL.

Besides that, he's good...I wasn't blown away though.
Zoe_Zeppelin
Jan 22 2012, 05:14 AM
I found this on TMZ.

Quote:

'American Idol' Tent Girl Amy Brumfield -- The Boozy Criminal Past

*Pic behind spoiler tag so it doesn't stretch the page.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Click HERE for the full story.
Despite all that I hope they give her a chance. She does have a good voice.
I really liked her and am disappointed to read this. I agree with you though - I hope they give her a chance!

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Well, I didn't get to see the San Diego auditions from Sunday due to that football game going on and on :angry: My DVR did not record the Idol show that followed at all. I'll find it somewhere...

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar

The same thing happened to me. :angry: I'm so pissed off about it.

I did a search and found this. I don't want to post the whole thing though. Here is the link.

Quote:

5 Highlights from 'American Idol's' San Diego Auditions (Video)
The bonus Sunday night episode arrived in Adam Lambert's former stomping ground where promising talents included Jim Carrey's daughter Jane.

Sounded like an interesting show. Damn that football game. :(

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar

Yay! I found it on PirateBay. Watching it now. :)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Layla
Jan 19 2012, 09:00 PM
Zoe_Zeppelin
LOL, yeah, his sister looked mad! But I don't know... I have a feeling that the whole thing was just an act and was all planned out by their parents or something. Or maybe I'm just thinking too much about it.

Quote:

His 'Thriller' cover was much better than his 'Superstition' one. I'm a bit confused on why they let him use the guitar... I thought instruments weren't allowed in auditions? :shrug:

Can't comment on the rest because I haven't seen tonight's show yet (West coaster here!).

Quote:

Thanks! I love that movie. :D
I agree on the avi...KICK ASS!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply