Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Idol: Season 11
Topic Started: Jan 18 2012, 08:11 PM (11,880 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

AllmyDaysatGh
Jan 22 2012, 05:31 AM
Layla
Jan 20 2012, 08:08 PM
AllmyDaysatGh
Jan 20 2012, 04:17 AM

:eyeroll: I'm sorry.
Sorry, maybe I'm just slow today, but why the eye roll?

He seems like a nice, well-mannered kid -- which you don't see often these days, LoL. His voice is not good enough to win the entire thing, but good enough to get a golden ticket, IMO. :shrug:
Lol! Ugh, don't mind me. I should've explained more. It's nothing against him really, my annoyance is just with how that whole thing was structured. Move it along! It was OBVIOUS he made it and they drug it out so long. I get really annoyed with the obvious ones, sorry. LOL.

Besides that, he's good...I wasn't blown away though.
Zoe_Zeppelin
Jan 22 2012, 05:14 AM
I found this on TMZ.

Quote:

'American Idol' Tent Girl Amy Brumfield -- The Boozy Criminal Past

*Pic behind spoiler tag so it doesn't stretch the page.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Click HERE for the full story.
Despite all that I hope they give her a chance. She does have a good voice.
I really liked her and am disappointed to read this. I agree with you though - I hope they give her a chance!
Sorry I thought "tent girl" SUCKED!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Jim Carrey's daughter was great last night...I was impressed with her.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Top 24 Revealed:

Spoiler: click to toggle
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Layla
Member Avatar

I totally forgot about Sunday's episode! :fp2:

Luckily I found it on YouTube. If anybody needs it, here are the links: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, and Part 7.

--

ETA:
@AllmyDays - Oh, LoL! Thanks for clearing that up. I understand where you're coming from. Stuff like that annoys me sometimes too.
@Mitch - Thanks. Your avi is awesome too!
Edited by Layla, Jan 23 2012, 08:27 PM.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

:rockon: Thanks for the links, Layla! I'm gonna check it out a little later.

I forced myself not to tease myself w/the Top 24 ;)

buffyloverlori

Spoiler list was changed on one guy,MJ fixed the list on her site.

Layla
Member Avatar

Okay, I finished watching the San Diego auditions.

I wasn't too impressed with the contestants. There were a couple good ones like the single mom and the R&B dude, but they weren't amazing or anything.

LMAO at the girl who kept saying she was on America's Next Top Model. What a fucking dumbass! Seriously, how the hell do you screw it up once, let alone 5-6 times?! It's not rocket science! I thought she looked like Lauren Conrad - which automatically turned me off because I can't stand Lauren Conrad! She seemed like those ditsy girls who think they could sing but in reality, they sound like dying cats. I am so glad I was wrong, though. I loved her voice! It's so sweet and natural... there's just something so gorgeously delicate about her tone.

I liked Jane Carrey! I think her voice has potential. She will probably go far... simply because her of who her dad is. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying she isn't good. It's just that I doubt as many people would remember her if Jim wasn't her dad.

The award for the most irritating chick this season goes to that geeky chick with the hideous pink sweater. She's like a mix between a Glee and an SNL character. I doubt she even cares about AI. She probably just got on to try to extend her 15 minutes of fame. She's nothing more than a parody. IDK what the judges were smoking, but she can. not. sing.

That college frat boy was annoying. Ladies' man, my fucking ass. I like Steve, but he cannot judge. Seriously, best male voice they've heard so far? Um... NO.

I didn't think "Wolf" was all that great. But then again I'm not a fan of that type of music, so... *shrug* .

Layla
Member Avatar

AllmyDaysatGh
Jan 24 2012, 05:33 AM
:rockon: Thanks for the links, Layla! I'm gonna check it out a little later.

I forced myself not to tease myself w/the Top 24 ;)
You're welcome. :smile:

And I didn't peek at the Top 24 either, which is out of character for me because normally I'm a spoiler whore. I guess it's because it's so early. I mean, we're not even finished with the auditions yet; I want to still be surprised, you know? Eh, maybe I'll look at it when the auditions are over, LoL. Thanks for posting it anyway, Angie (which, by the way, what do you think of the season so far? You haven't commented on any of the contestants. :ermmmm: ).
Edited by Layla, Jan 24 2012, 07:30 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Totally clicked that Top 24 spoiler toggle and now I wish I didn't.....lol I just can't help myself sometimes!

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Layla
Jan 24 2012, 07:23 PM
Okay, I finished watching the San Diego auditions.

I wasn't too impressed with the contestants. There were a couple good ones like the single mom and the R&B dude, but they weren't amazing or anything.
100% agreed! I liked both of them!
Layla

LMAO at the girl who kept saying she was on America's Next Top Model. What a fucking dumbass! Seriously, how the hell do you screw it up once, let alone 5-6 times?! It's not rocket science! I thought she looked like Lauren Conrad - which automatically turned me off because I can't stand Lauren Conrad! She seemed like those ditsy girls who think they could sing but in reality, they sound like dying cats. I am so glad I was wrong, though. I loved her voice! It's so sweet and natural... there's just something so gorgeously delicate about her tone.
100% agreed here as well, she was annoying but I ended up being pleasantly surprised by her voice...she was good.
Layla

I liked Jane Carrey! I think her voice has potential. She will probably go far... simply because her of who her dad is. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying she isn't good. It's just that I doubt as many people would remember her if Jim wasn't her dad.
DISAGREED! I was not impressed by her in the least bit, I found her voice to be underwhelming and she was also boring to me. I bet she will get far all because Jim Carrey is her dad.
Layla

The award for the most irritating chick this season goes to that geeky chick with the hideous pink sweater. She's like a mix between a Glee and an SNL character. I doubt she even cares about AI. She probably just got on to try to extend her 15 minutes of fame. She's nothing more than a parody. IDK what the judges were smoking, but she can. not. sing.
LMAO! Aw I *loved* her. I thought she had a really interesting voice & I loved her rap :D
Layla

That college frat boy was annoying. Ladies' man, my fucking ass. I like Steve, but he cannot judge. Seriously, best male voice they've heard so far? Um... NO.

I didn't think "Wolf" was all that great. But then again I'm not a fan of that type of music, so... *shrug* .
100% agreed again here. Man that frat guy was irritating.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

WTF??? He SUCKED!! Or was it just me?

Wasn't impressed with much of anyone during the Aspen auditions.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

AllmyDaysatGh
Jan 26 2012, 12:44 AM

He was nasal and missed a few notes, at least to my ears. Maybe it sounded different in the room. Or maybe Jennifer knows you can fix a lot in the studio so it doesn't really matter.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

AllmyDaysatGh
Jan 26 2012, 12:44 AM

AGREED!! He SUCKED!!

I was like "WTF are these judges smoking?" and JLo saying he was "good looking" um...yah...NO!

Greasy looking with bad hair maybe...

Riley Grey
Member Avatar

Looking forward to the individual auditions to be over with and the Hollywood competition to begin.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Ugh! I'm so over the Audition shows. I don't know why I even watch them. It always amazes me how they show that GIGANTIC crowd towards the beginning and we end up seeing like, 9 people audition. And at the end they show all these different people who made it through that we didn't even get to listen to. WTH is that?! And then there's the people who we see the judges say "yes" to, but we never even get to hear them sing! Again - WTH is that?! And don't even get me started on the obvious people who take up loads of time telling us all about their life and/or the SOB STORIES. NEVER watching Auditions again.

Ready for Hollywood week as well!

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

AllmyDaysatGh
Feb 2 2012, 03:07 AM
Ugh! I'm so over the Audition shows. I don't know why I even watch them. It always amazes me how they show that GIGANTIC crowd towards the beginning and we end up seeing like, 9 people audition. And at the end they show all these different people who made it through that we didn't even get to listen to. WTH is that?! And then there's the people who we see the judges say "yes" to, but we never even get to hear them sing! Again - WTH is that?! And don't even get me started on the obvious people who take up loads of time telling us all about their life and/or the SOB STORIES. NEVER watching Auditions again.

Ready for Hollywood week as well!
ICAM. I'm sick of the sob stories. No one really impressed me tonight. So far this season all the contestants are dull and forgettable. Bring on Hollywood week!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Yep agree...ready for Hollywood week...SO OVER the audition episodes...they are stale now.

Layla
Member Avatar

I agree with all of y'all

You know, there was a time when I used to like the auditions. Especially the laugh-out-loud hilarious, so-bad-it-is-good ones. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like watching talented people too... but there's just something so much more entertaining about the bad ones. Besides, it's not like I'm going to remember the talented people's names anyway, right? LOL.

The auditions this season are all about sob stories. Or at least involves some type of story. What happened to showing an audition where someone just shows up to um, SING? A regular, average joe who lives a normal life but wants to try out just for the heck of it? Maybe I am cold-hearted, but most of the sob stories don't affect me. I usually just tune out, to be honest.

But anyway, yeah, the auditions this season are lame. There has barely been any ridiculously bad ones where you can point and laugh at how stupid they sound/look, LoL. And I agree with AllmyDays, showing the judges saying yes when we didn't hear what they sang is so fucking stupid. Like, what the hell is the point? Who cares if they said yes... we want to hear what they sang to deserve that golden ticket!

Layla
Member Avatar

I caught up with the Colorado and Texas auditions via clips on YouTube. The only girl that impressed me was that quirky girl who, if I remember correctly, was a vegetarian who had to work in a meat factory (ha!). Oh, and that girl with the spiky hair who reminds me of P!nk.

The Lady Gaga wannabe with the weird make-up was SO ridiculous. Her whole schtick was annoying. I thought she was TERRIBLE; I can't stand her already. The Magic Cyclops guy amused me. I was LOL-ing when Randy kept calling the guy "crazy". It seems like Randy has taken on the role of the "mean judge". Seriously, he is so uptight that it cracks me up. The rest of the auditions, I don't really remember, LoL.

Last night's auditions were alright. I liked the girl who sang "You're No Good". I will be honest, I was distracted by her hair. Seriously, she has some pretty hair! LOL. Didn't care for her story, but her sons are super adorable! I like her voice, and hope she goes far.

Other contestants I liked:
- that last chick with the boyfriend
- the Liberian guy. I dig his reggae vibe.
Edited by Layla, Feb 2 2012, 07:21 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

The auditions were awesome at first, making fun of the delusional. Then they got uncomfortable, making fun of people who clearly had mental issues leading to their delusions. And then they got all...NBC. It's the same shit that NBC pulls with every Olympics, about how an athlete had to wake up early every day and walk 10 miles to the skating rink/track and then suddenly their parents both died of cancer but they stayed strong and here they are in the Olympics, as if it's not enough of a feat to just be awesome at what you do.

That's what Idol needs to remember- great singing (without an autotune assist) can be enough on its own to get people involved with a contestant. Unless they're now running a charity for telegenic people, in which case the ads need to change.

So, um, yeah. I'm also over the sob stories. Especially ones involving having and/or raising children as a Single Parent. Those are just...awful.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply