Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Idol: Season 11
Topic Started: Jan 18 2012, 08:11 PM (12,682 Views)
Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Angie79
May 24 2012, 06:46 PM
Mitchapalooza
May 24 2012, 03:55 PM
Dakota
May 24 2012, 02:12 PM
wiggleworm
May 23 2012, 09:04 PM
A white guy with a guitar. How refreshing.

Knew it the minute he auditioned. America is predictable, especially the Idol voters. Glad I stopped watching when I realized the trend years ago.
Casey James is killer on the guitar, especially the electric guitar and he did not win. In fact, I think he came third or fourth.
Yes, but he was not considered "hot" like Philip, Scotty, Kris ect.

In fact, he was pretty gross.
I think you are thinking of the wrong Casey. Casey James is very good looking.

Posted Image

Casey Abrams is is the ugly Casey.

Posted Image
Exactly, Casey James is very good looking, I didn't get what was so gross about Casey James, my bff is a huge fan of him. He was her favorite during his season, but she hasn't watch Idol all this season. She likes Steven and JLo, but thinks they are both horrible judges.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar

wiggleworm
May 24 2012, 04:38 PM
Dakota
wiggleworm

Knew it the minute he auditioned. America is predictable, especially the Idol voters. Glad I stopped watching when I realized the trend years ago.
Casey James is killer on the guitar, especially the electric guitar and he did not win. In fact, I think he came third or fourth.
Who won the same season Casey was on? ;) As Mitch said, Lee was considered the "hot" one that year, even though I failed to see the appeal.

Crystal should have won that one, but that's just my opinion. Always found it ironic that a guy who worked in a paint store was the winner, considering he was as exciting as watching paint dry.
I didn't get it either, but what is Lee doing now? How about Crystal? I haven't follow any of their careers, but I do know that Scotty and Lauren are doing fine.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Scotty won best new artist at the last country awards that aired so I know he is doing more than ok.

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

Dakota
May 25 2012, 01:31 PM
wiggleworm
May 24 2012, 04:38 PM
Dakota
wiggleworm

Who won the same season Casey was on? ;) As Mitch said, Lee was considered the "hot" one that year, even though I failed to see the appeal.

Crystal should have won that one, but that's just my opinion. Always found it ironic that a guy who worked in a paint store was the winner, considering he was as exciting as watching paint dry.
I didn't get it either, but what is Lee doing now? How about Crystal? I haven't follow any of their careers, but I do know that Scotty and Lauren are doing fine.
I think Lee and Crystal were both dropped from their record labels. Don't quote me on that, but think I ran across that bit of info a whole ago.

Dakota
Member Avatar

^^Too bad for them, I was never a fan of Lee and I thought Crystal should have won, but then I don't think I pay too much attention to that season. Idols has gone downhill for me. I was just talking to my Bff on the phone tonight, Casey James is doing great, got sign to a major label and had just had an album release in March. It is country genre, she has the album, and convince me to listen to it. I listen to it tonight on Itunes and it is good for a debut. It has that Keith Urban feel to it. I have to wonder why he didn't win because if you look at Crystal and Lee it look like they turn into major duds, espeically for a winner and a runner up.
Edited by Dakota, May 26 2012, 01:53 AM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Yeah, Casey James has a song that is played on country radio a lot. I like it.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Phillip Phillips "Home" Makes American Idol History, Bows at #2 on Digital Chart

Phillip Phillip's coronation single, "Home" bows at #2 on the Billboard Digital Songs chart this week with 278,000 downloads sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

It's also the second-best digital sales week ever for any Idol contestant. Only original Idol, Kelly Clarkson's 2009 song "My Life Would Suck Without You" had a higher sales when it debuted with 280,000 downloads!

Country superstar, Carrie Underwood's best sales week for a song came in 2009, when her "I Told You So" (featuring Randy Travis) debuted with 125,000.

And Phillip beats that other Idol record breaker, David Cook, whose "The Time of My Life" debuted in 2008 with 236,000 sales."Home" marks the biggest sales week for any Idol winner's coronation single since SoundScan began tracking downloads in 2003.

Two CD singles (before downloads became the prominent way to sell singles) two Season 2 finalists had larger sales weeks than Phil with their coronation singles

Clay Aiken's "This Is The Night" CD single debuted with 393,000 and runner-up, Ruben Studdard's "Flying Without Wings" debuted with 286,000.

Phillips' debut is also the fourth-largest debut of the year, behind Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend" (521,000), Maroon 5s "Payphone" (493,000) and Katy Perry's "Part of Me" (411,000).

Phillip's American Idol compilation, Journey to the Final debuted at #11 on the Billboard chart with 24,000 sold.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/phillip-phillips-home-makes-american-idol-history-bows-at-2-on-digital-chart.htm

King
Member Avatar

I bought it. :)

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

King
May 30 2012, 07:13 PM
I bought it. :)
Me too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply