Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Daniel Leaves Jennifer; 1/31/12 issue
Topic Started: Jan 19 2012, 03:10 PM (15,265 Views)
LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Jan 24 2012, 01:40 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Jan 24 2012, 01:30 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE your Avi! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
I decided to change my Avi, again. What do you think now?
is that suppose to be Jennifer? :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Tell me again why Daniel has to leave Salem? Stay and deal with the things life throws at you, and not whimp out and run away. It doesn't speak much for his character, Dr. Dick of Steel, spine of Jello. Daniel has a boo boo and makes like he's dying from an incurable disease.

Reminds me of our old Jack, that would constantly push and run away from Jennifer, because he thought he wasn't good enough for her and that she deserved better. Jennifer's attraction to the for this yo-yo kinda love, follows her MO. Daniel treats her like a yo-yo, pushes her away and then yanks the string to pull her back. I'm leaving you, I love you, I'm leaving you, I love you.

Why can't Jen commit? I'd much rather discuss this issue, than Doc Shake n' Bake's leaving.

Edited by Dreamer, Jan 24 2012, 03:53 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Yes, but when Jack pushed her away, you always knew that it was primarily because he wanted to protect her. Those times he stepped away were when Jack really thought she would be better off without him.

When Dan pushes her away (or leaves), it's about him. He says things like "I can't take this." "This literally makes me sick to my stomach and I won't put myself through this." "I have to think about what's best for me." Yes, he tells her she needs to figure some things out. But I just don't get the sense that he has her best interests in mind. Even if he wanted to, I don't think Daniel has any idea who Jennifer really is, much less what's best for her. She's someone he can have a few laughs with, but their relationship has no depth. And if it even comes close to being tested, he bolts ... repeatedly.

The writing and SC's portrayal pretty much are consistent on these points. It's part of what makes Jennifer look so pathetic. She comes across as desperate and needy, as someone who's latching herself onto a man who isn't really that into her. All they really had between them was sex. And since now that isn't in the picture, Daniel doesn't see much of a reason to hang around. I say let him surf away and go 'hang ten' on somebody else's board. A surfer dude in land-locked Salem never made any sense anyway.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

annie21
Jan 24 2012, 03:25 PM
Yes, but when Jack pushed her away, you always knew that it was primarily because he wanted to protect her. Those times he stepped away were when Jack really thought she would be better off without him.

When Dan pushes her away (or leaves), it's about him. He says things like "I can't take this." "This literally makes me sick to my stomach and I won't put myself through this." "I have to think about what's best for me." Yes, he tells her she needs to figure some things out. But I just don't get the sense that he has her best interests in mind. Even if he wanted to, I don't think Daniel has any idea who Jennifer really is, much less what's best for her. She's someone he can have a few laughs with, but their relationship has no depth. And if it even comes close to being tested, he bolts ... repeatedly.

The writing and SC's portrayal pretty much are consistent on these points. It's part of what makes Jennifer look so pathetic. She comes across as desperate and needy, as someone who's latching herself onto a man who isn't really that into her. All they really had between them was sex. And since now that isn't in the picture, Daniel doesn't see much of a reason to hang around. I say let him surf away and go 'hang ten' on somebody else's board. A surfer dude in land-locked Salem never made any sense anyway.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Excellent insight and post!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

There's a discussion about Daniel leaving Jennifer etc on the official Days page on fb and whether Daniel will be missed. Alot of support for Daniel there..though not much of any substance (and a fair bit of Jack bashing). I just hope the writers etc don't take notice of this kind of nonsense.

http://www.facebook.com/daysofourlives

(Second discussion down).

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Guinevere
Jan 24 2012, 05:02 PM
There's a discussion about Daniel leaving Jennifer etc on the official Days page on fb and whether Daniel will be missed. Alot of support for Daniel there..though not much of any substance (and a fair bit of Jack bashing). I just hope the writers etc don't take notice of this kind of nonsense.

http://www.facebook.com/daysofourlives

(Second discussion down).

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
I see nothing has changed there. I "unliked" the Days Facebook page because of all the nasty comments and bashing on there. It's not just Jack that gets trashed either, several others get ripped to shreds as well. "Not much of any substance" is that a nice way of saying they sound ignorant? ;) Because that is the impression I always got! I doubt the writers look at that page. I don't think anyone moderates it based on the amount of nastiness and insults between posters that goes on.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

^ LOL no I just meant saying "Daniel's so hot" and then some personal comments about Matt or Jack doesn't really explain why Daniel's supposedly so popular. I usually avoid the page too (for the same reasons) but someone else pointed it out as there were alot of anti-Jack comments and felt he needed some support.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Albatros

That great news. Daniel and Jen. have not been a very good couple. But where is Jack. Do you think a new what happened between them?
Offline Profile Goto Top

MyHappyEnding

Albatros
Jan 24 2012, 05:51 PM
That great news. Daniel and Jen. have not been a very good couple. But where is Jack. Do you think a new what happened between them?
Are you asking if Jack knows Daniel is leaving?

Probably, it's a small town. Or it's supposed to be.

The real question is....does he care? I doubt it. Jack let her go and unlike Daniel he's not wishy washy nor does he do things for dramatic value. He told her he'd leave her be and that's that.

I've said it before, I"ll say it again...Jennifer should be careful what she wishes for.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Guinevere
Jan 24 2012, 05:34 PM
^ LOL no I just meant saying "Daniel's so hot" and then some personal comments about Matt or Jack doesn't really explain why Daniel's supposedly so popular. I usually avoid the page too (for the same reasons) but someone else pointed it out as there were alot of anti-Jack comments and felt he needed some support.
IMO, most board members will have a mix of support for characters of their favorite soap. Some ppl will like SC, they dig his looks, acting style, hunkiness, etc. and some will like Dannifer for their proverbial "cutsiness". I don't appose reading soap fan boards and seeing a varying degree of opinions. For those newbies, Dannifer is all they know and having Jack come along, just screws up things for them. In turn, long time soap watchers of DAYS, know what JnJ were and what TPTB can do with great characters and SLs. In recent years, DAYS is faced with the rush of technology, something they didn't have to complete with 15-20 years ago. So they just rush their SLs and characters, things don't quite often flow as well as they should. Perhaps they have a hard time keeping their new age audience engaged, all while pissing off old diehard fans. So when considering fan opinions, TPTB have to take everything into consideration. Daniel just might be the greatest heart throb of recent, and Dannifer the best couple of 2011, just b/c he was in the right place, at the right time. Bringing back old flames, like Jack and Lucas will definitely change the shows dynamic and Daniel will probably lose out on some of his popularity. Daniel Jonas and family are the black sheep of Salem, they have only a short history and are used to stir up crap for the more established cast of characters. Funny how both Daniel and Melanie went after the best friends/boyfriend, significant other. Jen was Carly's BFF and Chad, Abby's boyfriend. Shallow, short history characters, don't seem to have established morals, I guess.
Edited by Dreamer, Jan 24 2012, 10:24 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

shipperx
Member Avatar

At this point, even if someone likes Daniel a whole hell of a lot (or Jack for that matter) I don't see how this triangle is expected to work. Nothing ever happens except Jennifer whining, crying, or bitching. Daniel being worried about... something. I don't know. Whatever his reason to leave her over and over again, and a histrionic goodbye that lasts about as long a his actual absence.

There's no story. No progression. Nothing about Jennifer that makes her seem worth all this persistence. And there are kiddie pools more reflective than Jennifer at this point.

Who is this story for anyway? I can't think it's for Daniel fans, or Dannifer fans, and it SURE AS HELL isn't for Jack fans or J&J fans. And given the whiney way that Jennifer has been written, I cannot see it appealing to even the biggest MR fan out there.

Honestly, I don't know how MarDar could've messed this up any more than they have.
Edited by shipperx, Jan 24 2012, 11:53 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

shipperx
Jan 24 2012, 08:50 PM
At this point, even if someone like Daniel a whole hell of a lot (or Jack for that matter) I don't see how this triangle is expected to work. Nothing ever happens except Jennifer whining a lot, Daniel worried about... something. I don't know. Whatever his reason to leave her over and over again, and a histrionic goodbye that lasts about as long a his actual absence.

There's no story. No progression. nothing about Jennifer that makes her seem worth all this. And there are kiddie pools more reflective than Jennifer at this point.

Who is this story for anyway? I can't think it's for Daniel fans, or Dannifer fans, and it SURE AS HELL isn't for Jack fans or JnJ fans. And given the whiney way that Jennifer has been written, I cannot see it appealing to even the biggest MR fan out there.

Honestly, I don't know how MarDar could've messed this up any more than they have.
Jen-Jen's woes are entirely self-inflicted at this point, which is why it's impossible to sympathize with her. Daniel's gone, Jack has walked away and is concentrating on his own stuff (as he should be), so no one's putting any kind of pressure on this dimwit. Nothing's stopping her from doing whatever she wants to do, whether it's jumping Daniel's bones or repairing her marriage to Jack. If she's lonely and miserable, it's her own fault for being weak, indecisive, and cowardly. Because committing to one man means cutting the other one loose, and she can't make herself do that. But the waffling that might be forgivable in a ditzy teenage girl is pretty contemptible in a fortysomething mother of two. Someone who's not Nicole needs to tell Jen-Jen to get over herself, because neither guy is going to wait forever.

And sadly, a large percentage of the audience is fed up with Jennifer and no longer cares whether she picks someone or gets swallowed up by a black hole.
Offline Profile Goto Top

niki51586

shipperx
At this point, even if someone like Daniel a whole hell of a lot (or Jack for that matter) I don't see how this triangle is expected to work. Nothing ever happens except Jennifer whining a lot, Daniel worried about... something. I don't know. Whatever his reason to leave her over and over again, and a histrionic goodbye that lasts about as long a his actual absence.

There's no story. No progression. nothing about Jennifer that makes her seem worth all this. And there are kiddie pools more reflective than Jennifer at this point.

Who is this story for anyway? I can't think it's for Daniel fans, or Dannifer fans, and it SURE AS HELL isn't for Jack fans or JnJ fans. And given the whiney way that Jennifer has been written, I cannot see it appealing to even the biggest MR fan out there.

Oh just give them a chance I am sure they can manage to screw it up more .... we do have re-writes coming :cart:
Offline Profile Goto Top

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

They (NBC) post the same questions on Twitter. My response was this:

"Why tears from Jen over Daniel leaving intentionally? He's dumped her more in the past 4 mos. than Jack ever has in 20 years."

I honestly don't get the SC obsession his fans seem to have. I mean, he's OK but he's a relatively interchangeable actor at best. Did he do something amazing before I started watching (I came in with the reboot)?

(And for what it's worth, I'm actually enjoying him more onscreen lately than I am MR. That washed out look of hers is chipping away at me bit by bit, and not in a good way.)
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Jan 24 2012, 10:08 PM
shipperx

Jen-Jen's woes are entirely self-inflicted at this point, which is why it's impossible to sympathize with her. Daniel's gone, Jack has walked away and is concentrating on his own stuff (as he should be), so no one's putting any kind of pressure on this dimwit. Nothing's stopping her from doing whatever she wants to do, whether it's jumping Daniel's bones or repairing her marriage to Jack. If she's lonely and miserable, it's her own fault for being weak, indecisive, and cowardly. Because committing to one man means cutting the other one loose, and she can't make herself do that. But the waffling that might be forgivable in a ditzy teenage girl is pretty contemptible in a fortysomething mother of two. Someone who's not Nicole needs to tell Jen-Jen to get over herself, because neither guy is going to wait forever.

And sadly, a large percentage of the audience is fed up with Jennifer and no longer cares whether she picks someone or gets swallowed up by a black hole.
I wish Hope would be the one to clue her in but she is too busy singing Jennifer's praises. Where is Julie when you need her? Back in the day both Julie and Maggie were good at being bluntly honest.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

shipperx

Who is this story for anyway? I can't think it's for Daniel fans, or Dannifer fans, and it SURE AS HELL isn't for Jack fans or J&J fans. And given the whiney way that Jennifer has been written, I cannot see it appealing to even the biggest MR fan out there.

If I would have answered this question yesterday, I would have said the SL was all about pimp Dr. D and Dannifer.
After seeing Jack's vet episode today, I think it was all about Jack and the neglect has been faced wtih upon his return from Afghanistan, not just from Jen, but from others too. (Bo & Hope, etc.)

The triangle SL really means nothing, accept for making Jennifer look like the Queen B of Hell. In recent weeks, even Daniel could sympathize with Jack, and contrary to what I've said before, this was really the turning point of the SL. It might not have been that obvious before, but it makes sense, b/c Jennifer has done nothing. Dan sees that Jack needs his family, even if his family (Jen) doesn't want it. Dan knows Jen is drawn to Jack and that is the reason, she can't just run off with him. Jen doesn't recognize this, but Dan does, it doesn't matter if her loves her or she him, nothing is going to move forward, until Jack and Jen talk about their relationship. It would be the next logical step in the SL. Once this happens, done, positive or not, b/c I am betting not, only then will there be progression in the overall SL.

Dan is a smart man to runaway, b/c crazy JEN is on the loose. Watch and beware!
Offline Profile Goto Top

niki51586

Dreamer
Jan 25 2012, 05:25 PM
shipperx

If I would have answered this question yesterday, I would have said the SL was all about pimp Dr. D and Dannifer.
After seeing Jack's vet episode today, I think it was all about Jack and the neglect has been faced wtih upon his return from Afghanistan, not just from Jen, but from others too. (Bo & Hope, etc.)

The triangle SL really means nothing, accept for making Jennifer look like the Queen B of Hell. In recent weeks, even Daniel could sympathize with Jack, and contrary to what I've said before, this was really the turning point of the SL. It might not have been that obvious before, but it makes sense, b/c Jennifer has done nothing. Dan sees that Jack needs his family, even if his family (Jen) doesn't want it. Dan knows Jen is drawn to Jack and that is the reason, she can't just run off with him. Jen doesn't recognize this, but Dan does, it doesn't matter if her loves her or she him, nothing is going to move forward, until Jack and Jen talk about their relationship. It would be the next logical step in the SL. Once this happens, done, positive or not, b/c I am betting not, only then will there be progression in the overall SL.

Dreamer I agree with you, after today's episode it's seems like Jack's desperation so much so that he was willing to share his wife with another man was suppose to be the focus. The Jack pre-cave would have never went along with that crap as many people shouted but after the vet episode it makes sense. At least that is what I am taking out of it because the rest of this triangle is complete crap.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Jan 25 2012, 05:25 PM
shipperx

But that's just it, they have talked. Several times, and every time it's been the same thing. He loves her. She loves him but she loves Daniel. Wash, rinse, repeat. It's not so much about them talking as it is about Jennifer recognizing and admitting her mistakes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I am praying for a change to J/J/D SL, but am fearful that we are still going to see more Jack abuse at the hands of a bad-tempered, cattish, catty, despiteful, hateful, malevolent, malicious, malignant, mean, nasty, overbearing, venomous, vicious, vindictive, wicked, Jennifer. She is bound to blame Jack for screwing up life and for Daniel leaving her, screwing up Abe's campaign, losing her mind, the list of complaints is endless. BLah, Blah, Blah!!!! I want her squashed down to the size of a bug!
I really can't fathom what will happen when Dan returns. He will now be known to have stolen away, the wife of a man, who was tortured and abuse for an entire year, in Afghanistan prison. I'm praying that the Divine Saviour of Salem grows a conscience, while away. :pray: :pray: :pray:
Edited by Dreamer, Jan 25 2012, 07:37 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Jan 25 2012, 07:36 PM
I am praying for a change to J/J/D SL, but am fearful that we are still going to see more Jack abuse at the hands of a bad-tempered, cattish, catty, despiteful, hateful, malevolent, malicious, malignant, mean, nasty, overbearing, venomous, vicious, vindictive, wicked, Jennifer. She is bound to blame Jack for screwing up life and for Daniel leaving her, screwing up Abe's campaign, losing her mind, the list of complaints is endless. BLah, Blah, Blah!!!! I want her squashed down to the size of a bug!
I really can't fathom what will happen when Dan returns. He will now be known to have stolen away, the wife of a man, who was tortured and abuse for an entire year, in Afghanistan prison. I'm praying that the Divine Saviour of Salem grows a conscience, while away. :pray: :pray: :pray:
I disagree. To say he stole someone's wife is to imply that she went against her will. That couldn't be further from the truth. Jennifer willingly chose to be with Daniel before and after Jack's return. She CHOSE to date Daniel. She CHOSE to worry about Daniel's problems but not Jack's. She made those choices knowing full well that Jack was suffering from psychological and emotional trauma. And it is past time that she faced the consequences of her choices.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic