Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Daniel Leaves Jennifer; 1/31/12 issue
Topic Started: Jan 19 2012, 03:10 PM (15,276 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It sucks because this triangle had much potential when it started back in September. I feel like MarDar could've come up with something a little better to cope with Christian's decision to take a leave from the show to do other projects outside of DAYS. Leaving this way leaves too much open and not in a good way. There should've been some sort of closure for Jennifer and Daniel before he left, especially since we all know Jack and Jennifer are end game. They need to start letting us see glimpses of that. They can be subtle. Whatever. They should've had Jennifer and Daniel break things off, so then Daniel leaves town and Jennifer gets closer to Jack again. Then a month or two down the line, Daniel returns wanting to be with Jennifer again, only she's now closer to Jack and then the triangle continues before Jennifer ultimately chooses Jack.

At this rate, I don't really care who Jennifer ends up with.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm thinking Daniel leaving has more to do with the rewrites than SC doing a movie. Regardless, this is all just one big mess. Not just the Daniel part of it but ALL of it. Where the hell is Jack's PTSD? Where is the scenes of Jennifer and Jack bonding? Why not have something horrible happen to Daniel and put him in a coma for a month? Too many missed opportunities. This show had no idea what the hell they were doing in the Fall with their stories aside from the Kate/Madison/Brady/John/Marlena/Will/Nicole/EJ/Sami/Rafe/Carrie/Austin/Abby stuff. Outside of those characters and the bulk of the stories they are involved in, this show failed...BIG TIME.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 19 2012, 07:18 PM
I'm thinking Daniel leaving has more to do with the rewrites than SC doing a movie. Regardless, this is all just one big mess. Not just the Daniel part of it but ALL of it. Where the hell is Jack's PTSD? Where is the scenes of Jennifer and Jack bonding? Why not have something horrible happen to Daniel and put him in a coma for a month? Too many missed opportunities. This show had no idea what the hell they were doing in the Fall with their stories aside from the Kate/Madison/Brady/John/Marlena/Will/Nicole/EJ/Sami/Rafe/Carrie/Austin/Abby stuff. Outside of those characters and the bulk of the stories they are involved in, this show failed...BIG TIME.
Shawn requested a leave to film the movie. I think the rewrites come after Daniel returns.
Online Profile Goto Top

JackN'Jen
Member Avatar

What a waste of an article.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

DrewHamilton
Jan 19 2012, 06:41 PM
It sucks because this triangle had much potential when it started back in September. I feel like MarDar could've come up with something a little better to cope with Christian's decision to take a leave from the show to do other projects outside of DAYS. Leaving this way leaves too much open and not in a good way. There should've been some sort of closure for Jennifer and Daniel before he left, especially since we all know Jack and Jennifer are end game. They need to start letting us see glimpses of that. They can be subtle. Whatever. They should've had Jennifer and Daniel break things off, so then Daniel leaves town and Jennifer gets closer to Jack again. Then a month or two down the line, Daniel returns wanting to be with Jennifer again, only she's now closer to Jack and then the triangle continues before Jennifer ultimately chooses Jack.

At this rate, I don't really care who Jennifer ends up with.
Revealing that even someone who liked this triangle at the start now no longer cares who Jennifer winds up with.

Personally, I couldn't stand this triangle from its inception. Every return of J&J sees another Jennifer-centric triangle, each one worse than the last. This one is the absolute nadir for me, partly because The Other Man is so insanely propped and promoted by the writers and the other characters on the show, partly because at fortysomething, Jennifer should be too old and mature to indulge in high-school games of playing one man against another, and partly because MR can't portray "torn" to save her life. Add in the heart-wrenching detail of Jack suffering from PTSD--the one new aspect of this situation--and the whole triangle is exposed as the shallow, self-indulgent, uninspired nonsense that it is.

Perish the thought that TPTB intend to drag this out any further. Because the longer it continues, the worse Jennifer looks, and she's not exactly coming out smelling like a rose right now. She's weak-willed, self-absorbed, and passive-aggressive, fully deserving of the smackdown she got from Nicole on Monday. Both Jack and Daniel would be better off with someone who could actually make up her mind.
Offline Profile Goto Top

melissablessed
Member Avatar

I cannot believe--truly CAN NOT BELIEVE that MR is still propping this fantastic 'love' between Jennifer and Daniel.
Is she begging for more backlash? I just don't understand it. :shame:
I'd like to fanwank that the show is making her pimp this crap----except the show would then have the power to make SC and MA pimp it, too. Since this is not happening, I believe MR is really feeling 'Jennifer loves Daniel' over 'Jennifer even wants Jack alive'. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Total side note-- I'm am cracking up over the nicknames for Daniel-- Really liking Dr. Tang and Shake N Bake. Right now with this story being what it is, the names in the thread are the best-- keeps me coming back! :)

Thanks for the laughs! :rockon:
Offline Profile Goto Top

elizhope
Member Avatar

I am actually really surprised about not seeing any interviews from SC except the little bit we got at DoD. Has he always been one to not give interviews about the show in the past?
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

elizhope
Jan 19 2012, 07:49 PM
I am actually really surprised about not seeing any interviews from SC except the little bit we got at DoD. Has he always been one to not give interviews about the show in the past?
Maybe TPTB are censoring him because they think he's widely unpopular with the fans with all the Dan bashing? Who the hell knows! I'd rather hear from him than Missy Reeves. I actually like Shawn! He's a nice guy, and he's not a complete tool in his interviews unlike someone else I know. :flipoff:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

elizhope
Well...his story was more of a focus a couple of months ago. When that was airing, he wasn't working.
Offline Profile Goto Top

shipperx
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 19 2012, 05:30 PM
So you mean to tell me that they did an article on Dan leaving Jen for the 12th time but no mention of Jack visiting the veterans? WTF :flipoff:
Is that still going to happen? Has that happened?

I don't know any more. The show is so damn boring that I've given up! I barely remember to read the spoilers any more.
Edited by shipperx, Jan 19 2012, 08:15 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alana
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 19 2012, 08:02 PM
elizhope
Well...his story was more of a focus a couple of months ago. When that was airing, he wasn't working.
LMAO...this is so funny in itself...or tragic! Missed being interviewed about eggbaby sl and working with MR in such a compelling triangle sl. I still hope DR is going to catch and interrogate him... :wink:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

shipperx
Jan 19 2012, 08:14 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Jan 19 2012, 05:30 PM
So you mean to tell me that they did an article on Dan leaving Jen for the 12th time but no mention of Jack visiting the veterans? WTF :flipoff:
Is that still going to happen? Has that happened?

I don't know any more. The show is so damn boring that I've given up! I barely remember to read the spoilers any more.
The veterans' episode is supposed to air 1/26 (US), so that's something to look forward to.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

So last week SOD wasted an article on Dr. Cheeto's notmother Maggie crying over his unfortunately temporary exit and this week SOD devotes more space to the tragedy of Dr. Tang (was it Aldo who came up with this? whoever it is, I LOVE YOU) leaving the woman who's never known what it was like to truly love and be loved before him. Not the way I would choose to promote the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

LanaluvsBroe
Jan 19 2012, 07:20 PM
PhoenixRising05
Shawn requested a leave to film the movie. I think the rewrites come after Daniel returns.
I hadn't heard or read that anywhere but, even if that is the case, I've sensed rewrites already. I've sensed rewrites since Daniel broke up with Jennifer back in December, to be honest. That came out of nowhere.

I'm guessing whatever rewrites we get upon his return are rewrites to END the story (which began with his exit here) whereas the rewrites we've gotten already were designed to try to improve the story.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elizhope
Member Avatar

Alana
Jan 19 2012, 08:17 PM
lysie
elizhope
LMAO...this is so funny in itself...or tragic! Missed being interviewed about eggbaby sl and working with MR in such a compelling triangle sl. I still hope DR is going to catch and interrogate him... :wink:

I dont think Ive seen any interviews from him (minus DoD) since the one about the heart transplant last spring. And the Jennifer/Daniel pairing wasnt even mentioned in that one. Kinda weird he wouldn't have made comments to SOD or SID about Dannifer or the eggbaby storyline since then. (?)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alana
Member Avatar

A show that needs so many rewrites to correct their rewrites is doomed for sure...but what else is new
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alana
Member Avatar

elizhope
Jan 19 2012, 08:32 PM
Alana
Jan 19 2012, 08:17 PM
lysie
elizhope

I dont think Ive seen any interviews from him (minus DoD) since the one about the heart transplant last spring. And the Jennifer/Daniel pairing wasnt even mentioned in that one. Kinda weird he wouldn't have made comments to SOD or SID about Dannifer or the eggbaby storyline since then. (?)
Yep, so true and I think SC is somebody that would like to talk about his work...because he is so lively and vibrant and NOT "bland and boring"...couldn't resist lol!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 19 2012, 08:28 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Jan 19 2012, 07:20 PM
PhoenixRising05
I hadn't heard or read that anywhere but, even if that is the case, I've sensed rewrites already. I've sensed rewrites since Daniel broke up with Jennifer back in December, to be honest. That came out of nowhere.

I'm guessing whatever rewrites we get upon his return are rewrites to END the story (which began with his exit here) whereas the rewrites we've gotten already were designed to try to improve the story.
I'd like to believe they are going to end the triangle, but in this article MR is still saying Jennifer is confused and that Daniel leaving doesn't solve anything. Sounds like nothing much is going to change. I'm putting no faith in these rewrites. God only knows what they'll come up with for the next chapter of this saga.

This story is just such a failure. If Daniel and Jennifer "love each other so much" why aren't they together? What's stopping them? Jennifer's love for Jack that she talks about but never demonstrates in any way?
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Jan 19 2012, 06:41 PM
Since Shake 'N Bake's tremors aren't enough to permanently drag him out of town, can his dick magically fall off? That should do the trick. Maybe a new medical condition called penis cadere.
:roflol: :roflol: This post made my night! I literally laughed out loud when I read it. That's some funny shit! :roflol: :roflol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic