Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: January 9th - 13th
Topic Started: Jan 20 2012, 11:53 PM (1,806 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) ó Ratings Report for the Week of January 9-13, 2012

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,787,000 (-132,000/-348,000)
2. B&B 3,334,000 (-118,000/+273,000)
3. OLTL 3,120,000 (+407,000/+439,000) *
4. GH 2,557,000 (+263,000/-295,000)
5. DAYS 2,424,000 (-84,000/-548,000)

* Highest since September 3-7, 2007

Households
1. Y&R 3.6/11 (same/-.1)
2. B&B 2.5/8 (same/+.3)
3. OLTL 2.3/7 (+.3/+.3) *
4. GH 1.9/5 (+.2/-.2)
5. DAYS 1.8/6 (-.1/-.3)

* Last time at 2.3 was November 19-23, 2007

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 878,000 (-57,000/-127,000)
2. OLTL 784,000 (+148,000/+149,000)
3. B&B 652,000 (-24,000/+72,000)
4. GH 628,000 (+23,000/-203,000)
5. DAYS 550,000 (-55,000/-305,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.4/9 (-.1/-.1)
2. OLTL 1.2/7 (+.2/+.2)
3. B&B 1.0/6 (-.1/+.1)
3. GH 1.0/6 (+.1/-.3)
5. DAYS 0.9/5 (same/-.4)

Girls 12-17 Viewers
1. OLTL 63,000 (+1,000/+32,000)
2. GH 33,000 (+12,000/-9,000)
3. B&R 29,000 (same/-8,000)
4. B&B 12,000 (-20,000/-16,000)
5. DAYS 4,000 (-15,000/-37,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.7/4 (+.1/-.1)
1. OLTL 0.7/4 (+.1/+.2)
3. DAYS 0.5/3 (same/-.3)
3. B&B 0.5/3 (same/+.1)
3. GH 0.5/3 (+.1/-.2)

Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 1,131,000 (-31,000/-101,000)
2. B&B 793,000 (+30,000/+130,000)
3. OLTL 643,000 (+100,000/+110,000)
4. GH 532,000 (+89,000/-35,000)
5. DAYS 501,000 (+8,000/-192,000)

More At: http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-oltls-last-week
Quote Post Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

Wow. MarDar lost over half a million viewers compared to Dena Higley?!

I have to say - Higley was laughable but MarDar are boring. Both suck. Obviously.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AlisonLou

The Days headwriters need to be fired!
The Alice Horton secrets sl is the worst!
They are trashing her memory with this sl! No way would Mrs H keep secrets!
Especially from Hope!
If they make EJ Hope and John's son the ratings will get worse!
First they make Daniel Maggie's son and now they could be making EJ Hope and John's son.
Too much history is being rewritten and changed. It's not possible for EJ to be John and Hope's son but these crap headwriters will find a way to trash Alice and the history of the show to make it happen. Too bad if the fans don't like it or hate it.
And who wants to see EJ picking on a teenage boy just to win a stupid election!
He doesn't even want to be Mayor! He's only doing it to piss people off!
It's disgusting the way these headwriters are destroying the show! And Ken's allowing them to do it!

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

I thought they cancelled Passions?!?!?! Rafe, Sami, and Carrie characters are taking on the same characteristic as Luis, Sheridan and Fancy on Passions. Sad the writers are dragging out old S/L from DAYS, but going to another soaps that was cancelled under their pen for material, is down right pathetic, well at least DAYS knows the fate of the show! :puke:

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

happy
Jan 21 2012, 01:53 AM

I have to say - Higley was laughable but MarDar are boring. Both suck. Obviously.
Week on week compared to last year but last year this time maybe there was a big snow storm so that could have been a higher than usual week. I am pretty sure that Dena was pulling 1.8s and 1.9s too her entire last year as HW.

MarDar seem useless but no one, and I mean NO ONE could be worse for a soap than that hack DH. She destroys soaps from the outside in. That's part of why any HW who would come in at this point would have such a hard job even if the ultimate set up of the organization wasn't fundamentally flawed. They have to rebuild from the inside out since there's really nothing left.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

2.7 on the last day for OLTL!!! Shows there is still an audience for soaps if you give them something to tune in for consistently.

rockchic
Member Avatar

Love that OLTL went out with such great ratings! I miss that show already!

daisy132

lovinsafe
Jan 21 2012, 11:08 AM
I thought they cancelled Passions?!?!?! Rafe, Sami, and Carrie characters are taking on the same characteristic as Luis, Sheridan and Fancy on Passions. Sad the writers are dragging out old S/L from DAYS, but going to another soaps that was cancelled under their pen for material, is down right pathetic, well at least DAYS knows the fate of the show! :puke:
You may be right. Coincidentally, didn't Galen's wife complain about his love scenes with AS just recently? But let's be honest, his chemistry with AS pales in comparison with his and Makenzie's.

Maybe Galen should go into another line of work or on to a show where love scenes aren't featured.

As for the ratings, they sure resemble Passions before it was cancelled.
Edited by daisy132, Jan 21 2012, 10:40 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

daisy132
Jan 21 2012, 09:57 PM
lovinsafe
You may be right. Coincidentally, didn't Galen's wife complain about his love scenes with AS just recently? But let's be honest, his chemistry with AS pales in comparison with his and Makenzie's.

Maybe Galen should go into another line of work or on to a show where love scenes aren't featured.

No. She complained about something that wasn't even on Days and wasn't Alison Sweeney. I mean...they claimed that's who it was, but it wasn't. Got on my nerves...

I don't think their current story is particularly reminiscent of Passions. It's reminiscent of generic soap triangles. There's nothing original happening, but it's not because it's stolen from Passions...it's just generic.

blueskies
Member Avatar

^Yeah, doesn't remind me of Passions either. There are only two parts that do, first Rafe and Carrie work together and second Carrie and Sami are related. But those are common themes, as Lysie said. And truth be told I found the Chris/Sheridan/Luis/Fancy quad much more irritating. Shoot Chris and push Fancy off a cliff was what I wanted to do.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 21 2012, 10:56 PM
daisy132
lovinsafe

No. She complained about something that wasn't even on Days and wasn't Alison Sweeney. I mean...they claimed that's who it was, but it wasn't. Got on my nerves...

I don't think their current story is particularly reminiscent of Passions. It's reminiscent of generic soap triangles. There's nothing original happening, but it's not because it's stolen from Passions...it's just generic.
When Passions was cancelled I thought Luis ended up with Sheridanís sister, like Rafe is doing in Days with Samiís sister?????

Cupcake06

lovinsafe
Jan 22 2012, 12:51 PM
lysie
daisy132
lovinsafe

When Passions was cancelled I thought Luis ended up with Sheridanís sister, like Rafe is doing in Days with Samiís sister?????
I don't think they were sisters.

We don't know that they will end up happily ever after together at the show's end just because this story is going on. And even if they did, the only similarity I see is that Galen has played both Luis and Rafe. Though Luis was shockingly more colorful, animated, and interesting than Rafe. And Luis was dull as dirt for the most part. So that says something about Rafe.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Nikki

lovinsafe
Jan 22 2012, 12:51 PM
lysie
daisy132
lovinsafe

He ended up with Sheridan's niece, Fancy.

Beth
Member Avatar

The whole thing stinks. The viewers are dropping like flies.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

happy
Jan 21 2012, 01:53 AM

To be fair...that half a million viewer loss is from 'this time last year' meaning, that Higgs was still in charge of the writing and she wouldn't be fired for another 4 months at this stage and her work would still be airing 3 months after that. Days started losing viewers and a lot of them in the early spring of 2010, by the end of that summer they were getting close to having lost a million viewers. If you want to compare how many viewers Days has lost since MarDar arrived then here it is:

Let's get the week of the reboot:

wk of September 26, 2011-total viewers: DAYS 2,571,000
then, last week's ratings:

wk of January 9, 2012-total viewers: DAYS 2,424,000

so when you look at it Days has lost 147,000 viewers since MarDar took over. That half a million number is more on Dena than MarDar.

Days isn't wonderful, but except for some WTF moments here and there, it isn't as bad as when Dena was around. At the very least if they could speed things up and not leave everything to unfold solely during sweeps then the show would be infinitely better.

FanODays

AlisonLou
Jan 21 2012, 03:33 AM
The Days headwriters need to be fired!
The Alice Horton secrets sl is the worst!
They are trashing her memory with this sl! No way would Mrs H keep secrets!
Especially from Hope!
If they make EJ Hope and John's son the ratings will get worse!
First they make Daniel Maggie's son and now they could be making EJ Hope and John's son.
Too much history is being rewritten and changed. It's not possible for EJ to be John and Hope's son but these crap headwriters will find a way to trash Alice and the history of the show to make it happen. Too bad if the fans don't like it or hate it.
And who wants to see EJ picking on a teenage boy just to win a stupid election!
He doesn't even want to be Mayor! He's only doing it to piss people off!
It's disgusting the way these headwriters are destroying the show! And Ken's allowing them to do it!
Duh, I never thought that might be where the Alice story was going. Oh lord, please no!

badaddiction
Member Avatar

For me it doesn't matter who it is. Whether it's MarDar or DenaH, Days just doesn't hold my attention beyond a few minutes here or there. I've actually started watching Y&R and BB, again. The stories on these shows may not be Emmy worthy for either soap, but at least they feel like soaps and I feel as if I'm actually being told stories. But with Days, nothing is really grabbing or holding my attention. It feels like a badly written and cheaply produced attempt at being a soap.
Edited by badaddiction, Jan 25 2012, 04:56 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Jan 25 2012, 04:53 PM
For me it doesn't matter who it is. Whether it's MarDar or DenaH, Days just doesn't hold my attention beyond a few minutes here or there. I've actually started watching Y&R and BB, again. The stories on these shows may not be Emmy worthy for either soap, but at least they feel like soaps and I feel as if I'm actually being told stories. But with Days, nothing is really grabbing or holding my attention. It feels like a badly written and cheaply produced attempt at being a soap.
That's pretty much how I feel. As badly written as Y&R is, at least they tell stories on that show. Things happen. There's a plot. On Days, nothing happens at all. Characters just shuffle around from set to set having the same conversations over and over. There's no drama. There's no suspense. There's no action or excitement. There are no stories. Darrell and Marlene have taken what was once a soap opera and they've turned it into a show about nothing. In their effort to make Days more realistic and relatable, they've made it mundane and boring. If I want to peek in on the lives of ordinary people doing realistic everyday things, I'll bench myself at Walmart for a few hours. For entertainment value, I look to soaps. Unfortunately, MarDar have "un-soaped the soap" to the point that it's completely unwatchable. There's nothing to tune in for. Even the "climaxes" (if and when they come) fall flat.

Meanwhile, can someone please explain to the writers that when fans say they want realistic stories, what they're really asking for is logic? I don't think MarDar realize that. They seem to think that what we want is this mundane "slice of life" crap and I think the ratings have proven that's not the case. Quite the opposite, in fact.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

^^ This is so true. When watching Days, I spend my time thinking this is so boring. Even if the preview for the next episode shows something will happen, I'm not intrigued enough to actually watch because I know nothing of substantive importance will happen to actually move the "story" along on a continual basis. It's all just so blah.

As for realistic stories, I for one have never watched soaps for everyday life, i.e., art imitating life. That's why I can love and root for the bad guy. I don't sit down and judge these characters based on the morals and mores of RL.
Edited by badaddiction, Jan 25 2012, 09:54 PM.

daisy132

badaddiction
Jan 25 2012, 09:23 PM
^^ This is so true. When watching Days, I spend my time thinking this is so boring. Even if the preview for the next episode shows something will happen, I'm not intrigued enough to actually watch because I know nothing of substantive importance will happen to actually move the "story" along on a continual basis. It's all just so blah.

As for realistic stories, I for one have never watched soaps for everyday life, i.e., art imitating life. That's why I can love and root for the bad guy. I don't sit down and judge these characters based on the morals and mores of RL.
THIS!!

I agree. Soaps are nothing like every day life, and as far as morals are concerned, they are the worst shows for them. I'd even say that all soaps are very offensive when it comes to high moral standards.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply