Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SON: Ratings Comparison of Last 5 Cancelled Soaps
Topic Started: Jan 20 2012, 11:53 PM (900 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-comparison-of-last-five-cancelled-soaps
Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Not surprised OLTL and AMC were #1 and #2 on that list...ATWT and GL, while on longer than OLTL/AMC, had a less pop cultural impact and probably had way less mainstream exposure.

As for PASSIONS...well its a no brainer why it would be last on this listing.

Its still unbelievable to think OLTL/AMC/GL/ATWT are no longer on the air...its just so surreal.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Out of curiosity, were any of these shows shuffled around the schedule in certain markets as their end approached? I remember back in the day Sunset Beach was aired at, like, 2am at one point. I think Passions was dumped in some areas too, wasn't it?

I'd think that have an impact on things, if they weren't able to hold their timeslots until their finales.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

px780
Jan 23 2012, 02:16 PM
Out of curiosity, were any of these shows shuffled around the schedule in certain markets as their end approached? I remember back in the day Sunset Beach was aired at, like, 2am at one point. I think Passions was dumped in some areas too, wasn't it?

I'd think that have an impact on things, if they weren't able to hold their timeslots until their finales.
PASSIONS certainly was....it was already dropped by MANY affiliates by the time it finally aired on NBC. This may have been because NBC gave the 2PM timeslot back to their affiliates in exchange for the morning timeslot for the 4th hour of TODAY, which replaced PASSIONS. GL also had been dropped already by some affiliates and I want to say it was dropped by CBS New York City affiliate (the biggest in the country) months before its finale.

OLTL and AMC I think were both relatively untouched, only because ABC was HEAVILY promoting THE CHEW and THE REVOLUTION during these shows final month on the air and had network produced replacements for both timeslots.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jan 23 2012, 02:28 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I knew GL had its broadcast time messed with for years in big markets with that 10am slot, they dropped it too?

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Mitchapalooza
Jan 23 2012, 02:22 PM
GL also had been dropped already by some affiliates and I want to say it was dropped by CBS New York City affiliate (the biggest in the country) months before its finale.
It wasn't dropped by the CBS NYC affiliate. It was pre-empted a lot its last few years on the air, but 'GL' aired in NYC until its finale.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

juniorz1
Jan 23 2012, 06:42 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jan 23 2012, 02:22 PM
GL also had been dropped already by some affiliates and I want to say it was dropped by CBS New York City affiliate (the biggest in the country) months before its finale.
It wasn't dropped by the CBS NYC affiliate. It was pre-empted a lot its last few years on the air, but 'GL' aired in NYC until its finale.
Thanks for clearing that up....I had heard rumours that it was not aired in NYC for its final few months.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

When I watched Port Charles for almost a year, it aired at 2:35 in the morning here in Nashville.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Another World was the same. It did not air on the NBC station for most of the mid 90's until it returned late in it's run. The same station ended up putting Sunset Beach on at like 2:45 am shortly after Shockwave.
Edited by darraholic, Jan 24 2012, 02:36 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply