Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nick at Nite Orders 80 Episode Telenovela; Produced by GH's Jill Farren Phelps
Topic Started: Jan 24 2012, 10:14 PM (514 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Nick eyes telenovela at Nite
Televisa partners on 80 episodes of 'Reach'

Nickelodeon and Televisa are joining forces for an 80-episode adaptation of Mexican telenovela "Reach for a Star," to air on Nick at Nite.

Jill Farren Phelps ("General Hospital") and Hisham Abed ("The Hills" ) will exec produce "Reach," a single-camera, daily series about a teenage girl whose life is turned upside down when finds success as a songwriter and wins the love of her favorite singer. Josh Griffith ("The Young and the Restless") will serve as head writer.

"Reach" will be produced in association with Sony Pictures TV, with production set to begin in Los Angeles in March.

"We have experienced first-hand the popularity of the daily scripted format with our kid audience through the success of 'House of Anubis' and our teen audience with 'DeGrassi: The Next Generation,' " said Cyma Zarghami, prexy of Viacom's Nickelodeon Group, "and our Nick Latin American channel has already had great success in producing telenovelas with Televisa."

"Reach" is an adaptation of "Alcanzar una Estrella," first broadcast on Canal de las Estrellas and Univision in 1990. That series spawned a film and sequel telenovela starring Ricky Martin and Sasha Sokol.

"As part of the steps towards building a strong presence in the Anglo TV market, Televisa is excited to coproduce with Nickelodeon one of the many successful scripts from our library in a daily series format," Televisa television and content prexy Jose Baston said.

"We are convinced that the daily series will be well received by Nick´s family audiences and will capture their attention daily as it has happened in different markets in the world where Televisa has exported its production capabilities. ... We envision Reach for a Star as the first of many joint projects."

SOURCE
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

not a good idea. its on a horrible channel.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm sure it'll air at 8PM.

I don't know why people are dissing the idea. Soap fans really need to open their minds up and accept new, different things to save this genre. Everyone (not necessarily here) is so negative towards anything new or different. It's almost always shot down, even though people scream for change. Sorry for the rant but I just don't get it.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I think something like this could work on Nick if they do what they've done with the sitcoms and just pull in a bunch of old favorites. Leverage nostalgia as part of it, be content to possibly wind up with a show that skews older. I'm curious to see how it turns out.

tmjohn72
Member Avatar

It sounds way too much like Instant Star.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply