Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dirty Soap Will Not Have A Second Season
Topic Started: Jan 25 2012, 06:21 PM (1,492 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Sorry, soap fans, but there won't be a second season of THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL's Brandon Beemer (Owen) battling Fary, the mother of his live-in girlfriend Nadia Bjorlin (ex-Chloe, DAYS OF OUR LIVES) on the E! reality show DIRTY SOAP. "So the word is that Dirty Soap is NOT being picked up for another season," tweeted castmate Jenna Gering, who is married to DAYS hunk Galen Gering (Rafe). "Thanks to all of u who watched. You all have been so supportive!!!"

The reality show -- produced by ALL MY CHILDREN vets Kelly Ripa (Hayley) and Mark Consuelos (Mateo) -- followed the lives of Beemer and Bjorlin, the Gerings, ONE LIFE TO LIVE's John-Paul Lavoisier (Rex) and Farah Fath (Gigi), and GENERAL HOSPITAL's Kelly Monaco (Sam) and Kirsten Storms (Maxie).

SID
Quote Post Goto Top

Tom

Such potential lost. Shame on E!.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Well I am not surprised...the show had less than 0.3 18-49 rating....

Tom

That's E!'s problem, not the show's. It could have promoted it better. IT never believed in it, imo.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

fritosguy
Jan 25 2012, 07:33 PM
That's E!'s problem, not the show's. It could have promoted it better. IT never believed in it, imo.
It could have helped if Dirty Soap was actually good. The show looked so fake that it was laughable.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Aw, great, another fuckin Kardashian show is going to take its place.

Dirty Soap was ok, not one of the best, but I liked most of it.

King
Member Avatar

I guess I am not surprised, but S2 could have been great if it was tweaked.

S1 could have/should have been better, but I enjoyed it.

Drew
Member Avatar

The likelyhood is that by the time a second season would have been shooting Galen Gering would have been the last soap star standing anyway.
Edited by Drew, Jan 26 2012, 03:17 AM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I think E! should look into giving Brandon and Nadia their own reality show (with Mama Fary of course) - I think that kind of format would be more successful than DS's where we had to watch the Gerings be the total snoozefests that they are!

Aliaron
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Jan 26 2012, 04:05 AM
I think E! should look into giving Brandon and Nadia their own reality show (with Mama Fary of course) - I think that kind of format would be more successful than DS's where we had to watch the Gerings be the total snoozefests that they are!

I second this! That threesome was the only real drama on the show. The mom was so mean yet I loved her! And the show was just starting to show cracks in that "I'm the perfect boyfriend" persona Brandon had. And this was the best acting I've ever seen Nadia do.

I agree. Get rid of all of the other dead weight and give those three a show. (with recurring roles for Brandon's family)
Edited by Aliaron, Jan 26 2012, 10:09 AM.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Yep, Nadia and Brandon were easily the most entertaining part of that show.

I'm bummed for the show's stars that it won't be renewed, but have to say that I'm not all that surprised.

tiki_girl
Member Avatar

I wish there was a way to watch the episodes (free) somewhere. I found you could buy them through iTunes, but eff that. I haven't checked for them on YouTube for a while, maybe I should look again.

King
Member Avatar

I liked B&N, but JP and Farah were my favorite part of the show. They were HILARIOUS!!!

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

:o No way!!!

I know 98,000 very disappointed Americans......
Edited by juniorz1, Feb 21 2012, 01:44 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply