Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD & SOW: Jack and Jen Clash/ More Drama For Abigail; 2/07/12 Issues
Topic Started: Jan 26 2012, 03:13 PM (6,720 Views)
Vicky4Mimi

SOD: Jack and Jen Clash

An excited Abigail informs Jennifer and Jack that Madison has offered her a job to model for Mad World Cosmetics. Jen disapproves, fearing what Abigail will be exposed to in the fashion world and advises her daughter to focus on her studies. "It becomes a big family dispute," previews Kate Mansi (Abigail). Things get heated when Jennifer tells Abby she'll have to move out if she pursues the gig.

Jack intervenes on Abigail's behalf and notes that he and Jen have raised their daughter to make good choices. "When Jack stands up for Abigail, it's completely unexpected," notes Mansi. "Abigail feels like she never has anyone on her side. But at the same time, she is happy that her father is supportive and giving her mom a different perspective. It's an interesting position for Jack, who was gone for so long, to take the lead as dad."

Matthew Ashford (Jack) points out, "Jack shows Abigail that he has the ability to give her space. He's not in opposition to Jen. He tries to give Jennifer a broader picture."

http://secondchanceslumi.com/topic/6688776/1/

SOW:More Drama For Abigail

Abigail's week begins on a high note: She discovers there is trouble in Austin and Carrie's marriage. She arrives at Austin's office and realizes it's where he spent the night. "If things were all great and happy at home for Austin, he would be spending so much time with Abigail," reasons Kate Mansi. "It's the fuel for Abigail thinking that Austin has feelings for her. When she sees that things are getting worse between Austin and Carrie, she thinks it could be an opening for her."

The two head to breakfast. Carrie spies them together and jumps to the wrong conclusion. "I think because Carrie and Austin's relationship is in such turmoil, she's making assumptions that she wouldn't normally make," voices Mansi. "They reassure Carrie that nothing is going on."

Later, Abigail reveals to Jen and Jack that Madison has offered her a position to model at Mad World. Jen thinks it's a bad idea because it might interfere with Abigail's college studies. "Abigail fights to model because she thinks it will make her feel like she isn't a little kid anymore, " explains Mansi. "Abigail is insistent on modeling, and her mom won't have it. So it becomes a big dispute."

Jack steps in and stands up for his daughter. "Jennifer seems to respond out of fear," Matthew Ashford points out. "She paints a very broad brush and comes up with all the worst things that could happen. I think Jack is a little more distanced from it. It also hits Jack that Abigail is not just his little girl anymore; she's become a woman. He realizes that maybe to hold on to Abigail, he has to let her go. He understands that life is full of fears and dangers and that he can't let fear be the guiding force in his relationship with Abigail."

Meanwhile, Abigail appreciates her dad's efforts. "It's unexpected," explains Mansi. "She's happy that Jack is supportive and is giving her mom a different perspective. It's an interesting position for Jack, who has been gone for so long, to take the lead as a father."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

What is going on with Jennifer? Can we please send her down the road to a mental breakdown like her mother had years ago? That is the only reason to explain why she's acting the way she's been acting lately.

I can understand Jennifer being against Abigail becoming a model. Totally. But kicking her out? Jennifer would never kick her daughter out of her home. Ever.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I agree with Drew. I can see her taking issue with it but kicking her daughter out is extreme. This regime is writing Jennifer like they despise her or MR or something. It's strange.

Seriously, get rid of the character. She is bringing everything she's involved in down IMO.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

The title of this article got me so excited. Just when I thought Jennifer couldn't be anymore selfish she proves me wrong yet again. I guess everything has to be Jennifer's way or the highway. Kicking her daughter out just because she disapproves of her new job? Has Jennifer lost her mind? Alice must be rolling in her grave.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

:headbang: What in the ever loving heck is going on with Jennifer? She may disapprove, but she would NEVER kick her child out of the house (she also wouldn't send her child to boarding school but....). Also, wouldn't she be able to trust that Abigail could do both?

I can understand her perspective. She was a rebellious teen and didn't do so hot with her studies. So she wants more for her daughter. Okay. But it's just modeling. It's not like Abigail is smoking a crack rock in between photo shoots. Why is Jennifer behaving this way?

While I'm annoyed that they're claiming Jack is "finally" behaving like a Dad, I'm glad he hasn't lost his mind. Jack and Abigail were always close, so I'm glad they're letting him stick up for her at least.
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Jan 26 2012, 03:26 PM.

CarlD2

Isn't this modeling story supposed to have Abigail become a schemer and nefarious? If so then I wonder if the show will say this proved Jennifer right, and Jack should have listened to her.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

It's kind of quaint. Jennifer fears what Abby will be exposed to in the world of fashion...ignoring all the shit she's been exposed to just being Jennifer's kid (like, say, Peter Blake). The idea of this big bad world of fashion...funny.

Helpless Romantic

How very considerate of Jen to decide to play mother NOW :sarcasm: I hate how they are still implying Jack was gone so long by choice. :censored: Nonetheless go Jack!!!! :cloud9:

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Jan 26 2012, 03:29 PM
Isn't this modeling story supposed to have Abigail become a schemer and nefarious? If so then I wonder if the show will say this proved Jennifer right, and Jack should have listened to her.
I think the scheming crap has more to do with her working for Austin, the modeling a completely separate thing.

As for Jennifer, WTF?? She's going to throw out her 20 year-old college student daughter who probably can't support herself because she doesn't want her to model? Just when I think she couldn't be a bigger bitch she proves me wrong. Oh, I forgot to add GO JACK!!

CarlD2

JDeveraux_91
Jan 26 2012, 03:34 PM
CarlD2
I think the scheming crap has more to do with her working for Austin, the modeling a completely separate thing.

As for Jennifer, WTF?? She's going to throw out her 20 year-old college student daughter who probably can't support herself because she doesn't want her to model? Just when I think she couldn't be a bigger bitch she proves me wrong. Oh, I forgot to add GO JACK!!
I just wonder if they're going to tie all this together to show she's gone bad and ultimately praise Jennifer for some type of tough love.

The whole thing is strange. It would be nice if Jack and Abby had more time together and maybe Adrienne could also get involved.

Helpless Romantic

CarlD2
Jan 26 2012, 03:38 PM
JDeveraux_91
CarlD2

I just wonder if they're going to tie all this together to show she's gone bad and ultimately praise Jennifer for some type of tough love.

The whole thing is strange. It would be nice if Jack and Abby had more time together and maybe Adrienne could also get involved.
THEY better not. I will be angry IF they make this into another reason for Jenny to be a self righteous snot! Maybe Jack finally has enough of it and thats why he backs away?
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Jan 26 2012, 03:41 PM.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Very interesting!

jane1978

Yes, Jennifer, yelling and trying to forbid Abby something will sure make her obey. Is the woman even real? Maybe the writers are really listening and Jennifer is heading for a breakdown.

Positively surprised Jack is involved in the parenting.
Edited by jane1978, Jan 26 2012, 03:45 PM.

Romancer66

JDeveraux_91
CarlD2

Whoa, Jen-Jen is seriously giving her daughter an ultimatum like that? Don't go into modeling, or I'll throw you out of the house? Talk about over the top! Not to mention that if she goes so far as to forbid Abigail to do this, it's like waving a red flag in front of a bull. Abigail will only want to do this even more. I'm hoping Jack points this out. Of course, I also hope he leavens his approval with some conditions--namely, that Abigail has to maintain a good GPA if she does this. If her grades slip, she needs to give it up.

Anyway, I agree--it's not the modeling per se that's the problem, it's Abigail's inappropriate fixation on a married man almost old enough to be her father. But if she didn't have a modeling gig, it's sure as shootin' she'd find some other way to try to attract his attention.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I wish Jennifer would stop making things complicated, just SHUT UP!

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Can Jennifer just go away?!!!! what useless and annoying raging bitch!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Jennifer is beyond all recognition....she easily wins the award of character MOST destroyed by MarDar!

lastDays
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 26 2012, 03:20 PM
I agree with Drew. I can see her taking issue with it but kicking her daughter out is extreme. This regime is writing Jennifer like they despise her or MR or something. It's strange.

Seriously, get rid of the character. She is bringing everything she's involved in down IMO.
It seems like every writing regime singles out their fav character to write for,and the character they despise.With Dena it was Chloe.Marlena seems to have low opinion of Jen

Evan
Member Avatar

If they're really doing another serial killer SL, Jennifer should be the first victim, followed by Daniel and Melanie.
Happy that Jack is supporting Abby.

Anita

Mitchapalooza
Jan 26 2012, 04:05 PM
Jennifer is beyond all recognition....she easily wins the award of character MOST destroyed by MarDar!
I agree, I donít recognize her at all anymore. Now I just wish she would leave permanently.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply