Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD & SOW: Jack and Jen Clash/ More Drama For Abigail; 2/07/12 Issues
Topic Started: Jan 26 2012, 03:13 PM (6,615 Views)
Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I will cut KM some slack on her Jack-Abby relationship issues. TPTB don't seem to place emphasis on Abby and Jack's past relationship and it they are writing it differently now, it is hard to convince viewers that know and saw it back then. KM is just towing the party line and that must be hard.

When Benson was on for several years and she did a great job at showing support and love for her father. Even the younger Abby's from 2001-2004 were written with great pro-Jack sentiment. Whether Jack left her or was kidnapped, held hostage or faked his death and left etc., it didn't matter to these Abby's. She always believed in him and waited for his return. She was never really portrayed with anger at her father, she was loving and forgiving. They were close, closer than her relationship with her mom. Maybe she's grown up a lot since then and instead of looking at it through a child's eyes, she looks back at her father with adult eyes. I honestly don't care, but it should not be rewritten otherwise. Jack and Abby may have it a rough patch, since his missing year in Afghanistan, but by Abby standards, she would understand him and get over it. Having Jack as her biggest supporter is part of their relationship, so blaming Jack for her problems is ludicrous. I could understand if she had a tendancy to push or pull away from love, but to say she has daddy issues, doesn't seem right. Yes, she might have thought her father left, b/c she wasn't worth it, but Jack has always stated it was him, who thought he was not worthy of their love. Insecurities yes, desperate for attention maybe, daddy issues not addressed over the years, so why start now? Lots of dads work away from home, go on business trips etc., aside from when Jack left her a baby -- would she even remember that? or leaving to die on his own-- maybe this one, all the other stuff, no chance, and blaming only him-- no way--- Jen needs to take responsibility for some of it. I hope this interview is wrong, I want Jack and Abby to be close and supportive of one another, like old times.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

FYI... there was no Jack and Jen 'clash'. Atleast least not on today's epi. It played out much more nicely than all the squabble on the board. They were extremely civil toward one another. Must be an epi rewrite....a whole new Jack and Jennifer... and they finally fixed her hair. Jack is the voice of reason. Jen is very nice to Jack, almost recognisable. Jack is happy today, I almost saw him smile. Jack hugs & gets hugs from both his girls. For the love of god, did she have to bring up Daniel?... ruined it for me for a nano-second. Otherwise, this JnJ shipper is quite happy.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Dreamer
Jan 31 2012, 02:07 PM
FYI... there was no Jack and Jen 'clash'. Atleast least not on today's epi. It played out much more nicely than all the squabble on the board. They were extremely civil toward one another. Must be an epi rewrite....a whole new Jack and Jennifer... and they finally fixed her hair. Jack is the voice of reason. Jen is very nice to Jack, almost recognisable. Jack is happy today, I almost saw him smile. Jack hugs & gets hugs from both his girls. For the love of god, did she have to bring up Daniel?... ruined it for me for a nano-second. Otherwise, this JnJ shipper is quite happy.
Well, I got a feeling the rewrites started with the vet epi for Matt and I hope we see a progression of better DAYS for J&J from this point on.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Dreamer
OF COURSE she had to bring up Daniel! :eyeroll: The writers just cannot cut us JnJ fans a break when it comes to Dr. Wonderballs. Thanks for the recap. I might pay more attention to tomorrows show now that I know it won't be complete torture.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Thanks for the recap! :cheer:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply