Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings Jan.16th to 20th; GH Hitting new lows
Topic Started: Jan 26 2012, 05:33 PM (2,736 Views)
OldDaysFankat

I thought this was interesting from Daytime Confidential

"They're finally getting the message," assures one source. "Steve Kent at Sony believes in the future of serialized storytelling. He isn't going to let the two shows he has a vested interest in go down without a fight!"

Hopefully that means a solid future for both Y&R and Days of Our Lives, which Sony also co-owns. The word on the street is DAYS is about to start experimenting with some of the more out there storylines that made it the talk of the 90's.

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2012/01/27/more-ratings-gossip-cbs-pleased-with-bold-and-the-beautifuls-steady-25-could-pitiable-deb
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 27 2012, 06:46 AM
From the dailies, obviously DOOL only went up this week because ppl had off work for MLK day. Next week we're going back down....
That's what I am thinking, too- the MLK Day off that most people had gave the week a short spike. It really wasn't a great week in terms of s/l and neither was this past week. I would expect to see the 1.8s back again except maybe for the Jack story with the vets.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

The revolution is tanking GH's #s fast/hard. They better drop that POS quick!

OldDaysFankat

ElvisDiMera
Jan 29 2012, 10:39 PM
I am not sure how that show is tanking GH. It's awful but GH is the show with the established fanbase not the other 2. Where is the viewer loyalty to GH?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

OldDaysFankat
Jan 30 2012, 04:16 PM
ElvisDiMera
I am not sure how that show is tanking GH. It's awful but GH is the show with the established fanbase not the other 2. Where is the viewer loyalty to GH?
Totally agree....I think GH's loss is due to OLTL going off the air. I think a combination of the following is the reason for GH's dip:

A.) Loyal OLTL viewers who apathetically watched GH; no longer watching ABC due to OLTL cancellation
B.) Viewers who kept the TV on after OLTL was over who no longer do as a result of OLTL being off the air
C.) Loyal viewers of both OLTL & GH who is not watching ABC in protest of ABC's cancellation of OLTL.
D.) Viewers of both OLTL/GH who did not know OLTL was cancelled and assumed the whole lineup was off this week and did not tune in GH as a result
E.) GH viewers who are boycotting ABC in protest of them cancelling OLTL.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jan 30 2012, 04:29 PM.

Queen B
Member Avatar

I'm just happy to see DAYS and Y&R go up.. That's my main focus right now. I dont really give two fucks about the ABC soaps tbh

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

OldDaysFankat
Jan 30 2012, 04:16 PM
ElvisDiMera
Yeah, people are abandoning GH in droves but having a sucky lead in doesn't help. Revolution is only taking in 1.6 mil viewers where as OLTL was average 2.5 mil easy. With 1 mil fewer viewers tuned in the hour before, it will hurt GH's ratings (or any show) no matter the quality of GH at the time. Yes, I hear it sucks now but if it got better, ratings would still be hurting because of not having a legit lead in.

The Chew held AMC #s then even improved upon them so OLTL was able to maintain (and even increase ratings). GH cannot be expected to do the same if Revolution is not holding its own.

EngradyPind

So ABC has set up a situation whereby they look justified in cancelling General Hospital due to low numbers. Why not be adult and honest about it: viewers don't matter to ABC as long as they can save pennies with unscripted junk programming. I don't know about you all, but I plan to boycott ABC when they cancel General Hospital. The few other programs I might watch have long since gotten stale anyway, so I won't be missing out on prime programming.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

yay,4 days!!!its no shocker anymore that gh is tanking..im surprised it survive this long...abc shouldve kept amc and oltl instead...

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Had share this about The Revolution:

Thursday, February 2, 2012THE REVOLUTION Paying $30 To Be In The Audience
It is not easy to get into most talk shows in New York City but there is now one talk/lifestyle show that will pay you to show up, THE REVOLUTION. The show that replaced ONE LIFE TO LIVE in the ABC lineup premiered to pitiful ratings and it seems like securing audience members is proving as difficult as finding viewers.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2012/02/revolution-paying-30-to-be-in-audience.html

Geez, get this show off and call it a day.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

talbab1994
Feb 2 2012, 01:56 PM
It is not easy to get into most talk shows in New York City but there is now one talk/lifestyle show that will pay you to show up, THE REVOLUTION. The show that replaced ONE LIFE TO LIVE in the ABC lineup premiered to pitiful ratings and it seems like securing audience members is proving as difficult as finding viewers.

PAAAAAHA :laugh: :laugh: That means they are still doing it because early part of Januray some casting company put out an urgent notice and the pay scale of $30 for travel expense..LMAO! Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: Here it is http://www.nycastings.com/Public_s/v3_viewnoticedetail.asp?Qn=43407

The very bottom says "If interested please Direct Submit ASAP since space is limited."<O'Yea?! :blulaugh:
Edited by lightandday, Feb 2 2012, 02:23 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Feb 2 2012, 01:56 PM

Lmao that just made my day, thanks for that. :wave:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LOL - they are PAYING people to show up...EPIC FAIL!

Queen B
Member Avatar

LMFAO DEAD!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply