Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Revolution: Premiere Week Ratings; Down over 1.4 million viewers in OLTL timeslot
Topic Started: Jan 26 2012, 06:26 PM (1,694 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

According to the CBS ratings release for THE TALK, THE REVOLUTION got the following numbers in its first week:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/01/26/the-talk-delivers-its-largest-audience-and-best-women-18-49-rating-in-nearly-a-year/117754/

Total Viewers: 1,680,000 (-1,440,000 viewers compared to OLTL in the same time slot last week)
Women 18-49: 0.6 (-.6 compared to OLTL in the same time slot last week).

Those are ATROCIOUS numbers! Not surprised in the least that ABC did not release a ratings report for its new show's first week.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jan 26 2012, 06:33 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Good! I'm going to start picking up on GH to see what Valentini and Carlivati are going to do, but I won't be changing the channel to ABC until about 2:59 when I know for sure the show is over.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I think I might start checking out GH again too once R&C's material starts airing....I need something to fill the void DAYS has created.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Hopefully it lasts, but these numbers warm my evil little heart.

DaysForever
Member Avatar

GOOD! It's laughable that the execs over at ABC think that people actually want to sit around and watch shit like this all day.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I think I'm going to start back at General Hospital on Monday. I have been sorta keeping up on YouTube, but I'll have to watch live to support the show. I trust that Frank and Ron are going to make GH great television in no time and I'll support it until the end. The Revolution is a joke and after GH is inevitably cancelled I hope ABC crashes and burns.

james0479
Member Avatar

Drew, that Kermit pic just gave me a heart attack!!!! Lmao!!!! Hysterical.

ABC made a huge mistake. I never thought Revolution would work. That company is ran by cheap bastards who don't want quality in their daytime lineup and they won't win over new viewers with the way they treat their "customers".

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I think ABC took a calculated risk with The Revolution. They're sending it out to die a slow death while killing GH once and for all. ABC is out of scripted TV and they want to be able to cancel GH without having to explain any reasoning. If the ratings look like this, then who can really blame them? The casual person who glances at the ratings will just say oh wow GH wasn't being watched anyway. Others will know how bad the show is currently AND that they cancelled GH's massive lead-in.

This makes me have new respect for what DAYS has been able to do for so long. Yeah, the show can be a lot better and the ratings aren't through the roof, but to maintain decent ratings for years without a partner is almost impossible. Soaps should always be in pairs and DAYS has been left to fend for itself for years. It puts things into a new perspective.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DiMeraFan67
Jan 27 2012, 02:16 PM
I think ABC took a calculated risk with The Revolution. They're sending it out to die a slow death while killing GH once and for all. ABC is out of scripted TV and they want to be able to cancel GH without having to explain any reasoning. If the ratings look like this, then who can really blame them? The casual person who glances at the ratings will just say oh wow GH wasn't being watched anyway. Others will know how bad the show is currently AND that they cancelled GH's massive lead-in.

This makes me have new respect for what DAYS has been able to do for so long. Yeah, the show can be a lot better and the ratings aren't through the roof, but to maintain decent ratings for years without a partner is almost impossible. Soaps should always be in pairs and DAYS has been left to fend for itself for years. It puts things into a new perspective.
Agree about DAYS...there is something to be said for it holding up so well without a network lead-in or lead-out...the show is literally all by itself at 1PM.

All the other soaps have had network produced lead-ins and lead-outs...even GH now has a lead-in, no matter how shitty.

What GH's numbers indicate to me is that OLTL was the true flagship show of their daytime lineup.

~bl~
Member Avatar

How OLTL became their (ABC) flagship is insane, as it pretty much looks like they alienated the GH fans...

Agree on Drew's Kermit banner...that and Rygel...Frell!

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

OLTL became the flagship on its own power and by incredible writing with NO help from the network. ABC didn't want OLTL to be the flagship, they've wanted it gone for a long time. General Hospital has always been the favorite, AMC was second, and OLTL was always the abandoned soap. The writers did an amazing job of drawing in fans for the final months, even months before the cancellation was announced.

I wish Ron and Frank had more time to fix GH, but even if they're just around to write a good ending I know its going to be epic.

CarlD2

I think OLTL was a mess in its last years, sometimes very good, sometimes shockingly poor and offensive. The ratings went up and down and only had an increase again in the last year. I think GH just threw more viewers away because they focused so much on ugliness and boring stories, and uninteresting, unappealing characters.

ABC wants out of scripted shows, and I wouldn't be surprised if they want out of putting programs in the daytime, period.

Queen B
Member Avatar

hahahaha

EngradyPind

When I think of what ABC is doing to my afternoon friends, GH, I want to scream. When ABC kills off the cast of GH I will not continue to watch ABC at all. I pretty much hate the unscripted shows like Anderson and Ellen. Shoot, I didn't even buy into Oprah. Why should I rush to watch Katie Couric, or the other junk being broadcast to fill the holes left by those soaps dispatched by ABC? I don't watch ABC for the world news, and I don't have to watch it for local news either. So, what else does ABC offer me? Right now, NOTHING, NADA, ZIP.

Ellie

I live driving distance to NY and am on a few talk show audience email lists as I like to go sometimes when in NY. Anyway - got an email yesterday for the Revolution. LOTS of February dates available... sounds like they might be having trouble getting an audience. :wink:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Ellie
Feb 1 2012, 02:27 PM
I live driving distance to NY and am on a few talk show audience email lists as I like to go sometimes when in NY. Anyway - got an email yesterday for the Revolution. LOTS of February dates available... sounds like they might be having trouble getting an audience. :wink:
Good! I hope they struggle to find an audience and do not go the route of THE CHEW who had terrible ratings at first and then ended up with similar numbers to AMC.

MissLola
Member Avatar

The show looks absolutely boring and is more of the same old same old. :sleep:

King
Member Avatar

That's great. I hope the suits are worming around in their chairs this week. :)

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Out of the two, The Chew and this show, The Revolution is by far the worst. I just don't see how it's going to last-- truly don't.

It kills me too-- they took off a show that was UNDER budget, getting good ratings and reviews for something like this. The suits should be ashamed.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

who the fuck watch that shit anyway???

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply