Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Game Of Thrones: Season 2
Topic Started: Jan 30 2012, 12:43 AM (4,029 Views)
Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Edited by Michael Baldwin, Jan 30 2012, 12:43 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Hell yeah!

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

:chee: YESSSS! :chee:

"I am Daenerys Drogon and I will take what is mine with fire and blood"
Posted Image

Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

New trailer

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

And once again.... new trailer :D

shavemedusa
Member Avatar

I am so excited. Every time I come up with a theory the books screw it up. I cant wait to see what they do in the show.

lightandday
Member Avatar

Here We Go Ladies & Gent! Another GOT Trailer (I 'm SO STOKED :D )
"Power And Grace" 4-1-2012

King
Member Avatar

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!!!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Love that they got the Entertainment Weekly cover..Can't wait..Love that just as Walking Dead and Shameless end, I get Mad Men and Game Of Thrones.

Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Has anyone read the books? Would it affect my enjoyment of the show if I read them?

Layla
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Mar 18 2012, 02:50 PM
Has anyone read the books? Would it affect my enjoyment of the show if I read them?
I read the first book, and am planning on reading the rest.

I can't exactly say whether or not it will negatively affect my enjoyment of the future seasons, since A) I've only read the first book, and B) I read it after I watched the first season. I don't think it will. But if anything, it's gotten me practically giddy for the second season. I do believe that reading the books will give you a new appreciation for the show. There are *so* much details, and I think the producers did a great job of trying to incorporate as much of it as possible into the show.

You should check out the books. It's a good read -- very well-written and well-crafted. I never would've considered reading the books if it weren't for GoT, which is sad, because I would've missed out on a great series.

And if you are going to read them, my advice would be to read them after you watched the show. That's what I am doing; I'm waiting for the second season to be over before I read the second book. Books usually meet (and even exceed) your expectations. Shows/movies, however, usually will not. Books are almost always better than the show, and I've found that to avoid not being surprised / being underwhelmed, read the book after. Plus, it helps you get your GoT fix while you're waiting a year for the new season to start. :)

Here are a few links to help you decide:
http://ology.com/post/31379/why-you-should-or-shouldn-t-read-a-game-of-thrones-before-watching-the-tv-show

http://www.quora.com/Game-of-Thrones-TV-series/Should-I-read-the-Song-of-Ice-And-Fire-book-series-before-watching-the-HBO-series-Game-of-Thrones

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Layla
Mar 18 2012, 04:38 PM
Southofsoap
Mar 18 2012, 02:50 PM
I read the first book, and am planning on reading the rest.

I can't exactly say whether or not it will negatively affect my enjoyment of the future seasons, since A) I've only read the first book, and B) I read it after I watched the first season. I don't think it will. But if anything, it's gotten me practically giddy for the second season. I do believe that reading the books will give you a new appreciation for the show. There are *so* much details, and I think the producers did a great job of trying to incorporate as much of it as possible into the show.

You should check out the books. It's a good read -- very well-written and well-crafted. I never would've considered reading the books if it weren't for GoT, which is sad, because I would've missed out on a great series.

And if you are going to read them, my advice would be to read them after you watched the show. That's what I am doing; I'm waiting for the second season to be over before I read the second book. Books usually meet (and even exceed) your expectations. Shows/movies, however, usually will not. Books are almost always better than the show, and I've found that to avoid not being surprised / being underwhelmed, read the book after. Plus, it helps you get your GoT fix while you're waiting a year for the new season to start. :)

Here are a few links to help you decide:
http://ology.com/post/31379/why-you-should-or-shouldn-t-read-a-game-of-thrones-before-watching-the-tv-show

http://www.quora.com/Game-of-Thrones-TV-series/Should-I-read-the-Song-of-Ice-And-Fire-book-series-before-watching-the-HBO-series-Game-of-Thrones
You are correct that fims/shows hardly ever live up to the books, so I think reading the books will add to the series enjoyment. I'm going to do what you do and read each book only after the season has completed, that way the books won't detract from the show. Thanks for the advice!
Edited by Southofsoap, Mar 18 2012, 06:06 PM.

lightandday
Member Avatar

Several GOT Actors speaking on what to expect from there characters in Season 2.

Character Featurette - Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon also Carice Van Houten as Melisandre

Did I Mention How ECSTATIC I am about GOT Season 2! :chee:

Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

They are airing reruns, can't wait till the show returns for season 2, the trailer looks great.

Layla
Member Avatar

Here are a bunch of sneak peaks from the episode 'The North Remembers':

Layla
Member Avatar

Sneak peaks from the second episode 'The Night Lands':

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Bump bump for tonight!

lightandday
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply