Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SID: There May Be More Life For Soapnet
Topic Started: Feb 1 2012, 04:58 PM (871 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

It was announced ages ago that SOAPnet would be going off the air sometime in 2012, and a March 23rd start date for ABC's new children's network, Disney Junior, seemed to be the final nail in the sudsy channel's coffin. However, a rep for the network says, "We've always viewed the launch of Disney Junior as a transition, not a flip of a switch, and as such SOAPnet will remain available for an undetermined period of time as additional carriage deals for Disney Junior are finalized with distributors." So while the network's days are numbered, depending on your cable provider, you might just get your daily soap fix for a little while longer.

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2012/02/more-life-for-soapnet.html#more
Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

I want old soapnet back!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bardgirl

I hope they keep Soapnet on the air. It just sucks that they want to replace it with a stupid kids network. I am glad that it is delayed because that was going to be a lousy birthday present for me but at the same time it is torture being in limbo about the future of the network. :soapbox:

rockchic
Member Avatar

For some reason I find it easier to watch soaps on soapnet than from the recordings on my DVR. I have no idea why that is, but for that reason I hope that the 'transition' isn't quick.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Screw Soapnet. Give me a Classic Soap Channel.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply