Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD/SOW: Marriage Shocker for John and Hope!; 2/14/12 Issue
Topic Started: Feb 1 2012, 11:42 PM (23,223 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

John and Hope: Married!

Bo and Hope finally open the mystery envelope and are stunned to discover a marriage certificate revealing that John and Hope are wed.

"Her heart drops," previews Kristian Alfonso. "It's just shocking to her. Her first reaction is, 'What?' and her second reaction is, 'This can't be true.' There is such an array of emotions that she does through, and of course, the end is the guilt of, 'My God, I never should have pushed this. Gran was right to hide everything. Now look what I've done to Bo. Look what I've done to John and Marlena.' She feels a tremendous amount of guilt and she needs to rectify it. She needs to make it right."

If it's even true, that is. "There's always that possibility, because Stefano is involved," points out Alfonso. "She has to wonder, 'Are we being played?' She tries to hold onto the strength and knowledge that it may be a ruse."

The Bradys share the news with John and Marlena, who are equally stunned. The couples meet at the Brady Pub to discuss their next course of action, especially after they receive confirmation that the marriage certificate is legitimate. "They decide, 'What's the big deal?' They can just get an annulment," shrugs Drake Hogestyn (John).

The group consults with Carrie, who explains that they cannot get an annulment, because John and Hope's marriage was consummated when she was Gina. Carrie also reveals that getting a divorce won't be a simple process. "They find out there is a whole different set of standards in Alamainia, where John and Hope were married," details Hogestyn. "They have to be in Alamainia to dissolve the marriage. Not only that, they have to stay for a two-week period of time."

"Stefano knows how to play them like a fiddle," adds Alfonso. "Of course, there will be stumbling blocks to get to Alamainia: Will they be able to take their loved ones?"

The answer is no, which means John and Hope are flying solo. "Hope reiterates to Bo that their marriage is strong and nothing's going to happen," says Alfonso. "She won't let it happen. Of course, she is sincere, because she knows what Stefano is capable of. What concerns her is once that plane lands in Alamainia, what's going to happen next? There's a much bigger plan here."

-------------------------------------------

Marriage Shocker for John and Hope!

Bo encourages Hope to open the envelope from the safety deposit box, but she is reluctant. However, after Hope thinks that Alice has sent her a sign, she finally tears into it and finds a marriage certificate -- with hope and John's names on it. "It is just shocking to her," says Kristian Alfonso. "There is such an array of emotions that she goes through and, of course, the end is the guilt of, 'I never should've pushed this. Gran was right to hide everything.' She is in awe of an incredible woman, who even from the grave was trying to protect her family, even if it was making a deal with the devil." After closer inspection, Hope notices that the document dates back to the time when Stefano brainwashed her. "In the back of her mind, there is always the possibility that it's not true because Stefano is involved," notes Alfonso. "She tries to hold on to the strength and knowledge that this may be a ruse."

Later, Bo and Hope inform John of the turn of events. John examines the certificate and is perplexed. "John wracks his brain trying to figure out the timing of when the marriage could have happened," shares Drake Hogestyn.

Next up, the unpleasant talk of telling Marlena. "Marlena is very surprises," Hogestyn discloses. "Finally, they all decide, 'What's the big deal?' John and Hope can just get an annulment." After the document is deemed authentic, John and Hope mull their options with Carrie. She explains that an annulment won't be simple because the marriage took place in Alamainia. "There is a whole different set of standards," Hogestyn explains, adding that John and Hope's presence in Alamainia is required to dissolve the marriage. Hogestyn teases, "Not only that, they have to stay for two weeks -- and no one else can go with them."

Article scans courtesy of Forbidden Love.
Online Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

How pathetic...how will they even explain this? I don't buy this at ALL
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Ok...I like it...I am on board!! A bit contrived for sure, but I LOVE John/Hope stories and I LOVE when characters leave Salem on a mystery and go to places that are so obviously fake (Aremid, Alamania ect) LOVE IT!

I hope their lives are turned on their head there...and I hope they uncover more secrets there and that Stefano has a dastardly evil agenda in store for them while they are there. I also hope Marlena and Bo are heavily involved.

I am also VERY ready for a big adventure story, something that will end up with half the cast heading to Alamania as well...MAKE IT HAPPEN DAYS!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Quote:

"They decide, 'What's the big deal?' They can just get an annulment," shrugs Drake Hogestyn (John).

Exactly. But not so fast.

Quote:

The group consults with Carrie

I guess it makes sense that she'd be brushing up on her family law, since Austin's probably going to be looking into his marriage-ending options.

Quote:

who explains that they cannot get an annulment, because John and Hope's marriage was consummated when she was Gina.

Lulz. I'm sure there are special annulment forms just for Salem that cover Times You Were Not Yourself.

Quote:

Carrie also reveals that getting a divorce won't be a simple process. "They find out there is a whole different set of standards in Alamainia, where John and Hope were married," details HOgestyn. "They have to be in Alamainia to dissolve the marriage. Not only that, they have to stay for a two-week period of time."

Of course things are different in fictional Alamainia. I would expect nothing less.

Quote:

"Stefano knows how to play them like a fiddle," adds Alfonso. "Of course, there will be stumbling blocks to get to Alamainia: Will they be able to take their loved ones?"

I really cannot imagine! Surely Alamainia will let them take their loved ones??

Quote:

The answer is no,

WHAT????

Quote:

which means John and Hope are flying solo. "Hope reiterates to Bo that their marriage is strong and nothing's going to happen," says Alfonso. "She won't let it happen. Of course, she is sincere, because she knows what Stefano is capable of.

I don't see any reason to think John and Hope can't be trusted around each other, but I'm sure I'm underestimating the power of Stefano-inspired stupidity.

Quote:

What concerns her is once that plane lands in Alamainia, what's going to happen next? There's a much bigger plan here."

I sincerely hope so.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

When the heck did this happen, while Hope was Gina (1990-1994) John was in Salem the whole time. Are they gonna say it happened during the subsex period in 1999??
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

How does Alamania play into this?
Offline Profile Goto Top

elizhope
Member Avatar

When exactly did this wedding take place? Before the sub-sex in 1999? Im confused... is Hope's name on the certificate or Gina's?
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
Ineffable!

This sounds remarkably like nothing will happen except a brief trip to the other side of the HTS, er 'Alamania' with two isolated characters and no stakes. I mean who REALLY CARES if they are married? Why does it matter if they are married? It just doesn't, that is the biggest problem with this show; nothing ever matters.

I'd imagine that this likely will lead to EggJ being their child. KILL ME NOW.
Edited by mer4santo, Feb 1 2012, 11:52 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Also the fact that Alfonso teases that there is a "much bigger plan" once they land in Alamania has me VERY intrigued...I am ready for some good old fashioned 90's melodramatic unrealistic mystery!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

LOL...they have to be in Alamainia for two weeks to get divorced..what do they have to hop on one leg while touching their noses and turn around 3 times??

REALLY?

LMAO at all these write ups.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daisy132

TFP. THIS is the shocking secret???? What's the big deal? Fly to Alamania and get a divorce. If I were Bo or Marlena I wouldn't worry for two seconds that Hope and John would do anything improper.

Why would Alice keep this a secret?? She should have told them to go back and get a divorce.

Stupid. :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm with them until it says they have to stay for two weeks and go alone. I have no opposition to John and Hope doing that but that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

And how on earth is Alamania fitting into this?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

If I even SEE a flying bed or some "garden" I'm sooo going to have post traumatic DAYS disorder.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Feb 1 2012, 11:53 PM
If I even SEE a flying bed or some "garden" I'm sooo going to have post traumatic DAYS disorder.
That's okay. You can join Jack in his group therapy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 1 2012, 11:51 PM
I'm with them until it says they have to stay for two weeks and go alone. I have no opposition to John and Hope doing that but that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

The Alamania part is interesting, I wouldn't mind if they restored John back to being Forest Alamain.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 1 2012, 11:42 PM

Bo and Hope finally open the mystery envelope and are stunned to discover a marriage certificate revealing that John and Hope are wed.

The Bradys share the news with John and Marlena, who are equally stunned. The couples meet at the Brady Pub to discuss their next course of action, especially after they receive confirmation that the marriage certificate is legitimate.

The group consults with Carrie, who explains that they cannot get an annulment, because John and Hope's marriage was consummated when she was Gina. Carrie also reveals that getting a divorce won't be a simple process. "They find out there is a whole different set of standards in Alamainia, where John and Hope were married," details Hogestyn.
This is impossible. The only time John and Hope consummated anything was in 1999 when they were both under Stefano's control on the submarine in Hawaii. There was no trip to Alamainia -- no quickie wedding. John was kidnapped during his and Marlena's honeymoon, taken onto the submarine, banged by Hope (who was under Stefano's control) and then tossed into the ocean. We saw it all.

John and the real Gina might've gotten married back in the 80's, but John and Hope? It's impossible. Completely, physically impossible. When Hope was Gina from 1990 - 1994, John was in Salem carrying on with Diana, Isabella, Rebecca and Marlena. He wasn't under Stefano's control during any of those years. The only other time Hope was Gina was in 1999, and we saw what happened with her and John on the submarine. They were only together long enough for a quick screw and then John was dumped back into the ocean where he floated to shore and was found by Marlena. This all happened in Hawaii. There was no trip to Alamainia and no wedding.
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Feb 1 2012, 11:54 PM
lysie
Feb 1 2012, 11:51 PM

The Alamania part is interesting, I wouldn't mind if they restored John back to being Forest Alamain.
He technically still is Forest Alamain. The Alamains adopted him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

lysie
Liz<3Days
Feb 1 2012, 11:53 PM
That's okay. You can join Jack in his group therapy.
DAYS only does "very special episodes" once a year....guess I missed it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kenny
Kenny
Feb 1 2012, 11:42 PM

The Bradys share the news with John and Marlena, who are equally stunned. The couples meet at the Brady Pub to discuss their next course of action, especially after they receive confirmation that the marriage certificate is legitimate.

The group consults with Carrie, who explains that they cannot get an annulment, because John and Hope's marriage was consummated when she was Gina. Carrie also reveals that getting a divorce won't be a simple process. "They find out there is a whole different set of standards in Alamainia, where John and Hope were married," details Hogestyn.
This is impossible. The only time John and Hope consummated anything was when they were both under Stefano's control on the submarine in Hawaii. There was no trip to Alamainia -- no quickie wedding. John was kidnapped during his and Marlena's honeymoon, taken onto the submarine, banged by Hope (who was under Stefano's control) and then tossed into the ocean. We saw it all.

John and the real Gina might've gotten married back in the 80's, but John and Hope? It's impossible. Completely, physically impossible. When Hope was Gina from 1990 - 1994, John was in Salem carrying on with Diana, Isabella, Rebecca and Marlena. He wasn't under Stefano's control during any of those years. The only other time Hope was Gina was in 1999, and we saw what happened with her and John on the submarine. They were only together long enough for a quick screw and then John was dumped back into the ocean where he floated to shore and was found by Marlena. This all happened in Hawaii. There was no trip to Alamainia and no wedding.
Meh...this is all true...but I am willing to suspend belief that during 1990-1994 while John was in Salem that he briefly (of screen somehow) was controlled by Stefano (for a very short period and without his knowledge) and married Gina (who was Hope) in Alamania...I know ridiculous...but I am gonna try and enjoy this...see where it goes and then decide how I will react I guess.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 2 2012, 12:00 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AlisonLou

This whole sl is crap! Days is so done! Just who will watch this? And who will want to watch it?
I won't be watching.
John and Hope were never in Alamania as the Pawn and Gina.
This whole sl is crap!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic