Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: Week of January 23 to 27; Good week for B&B
Topic Started: Feb 2 2012, 05:29 PM (2,478 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Ratings Report for the Week of January 23-27, 2012
(SoapOperaNetwork.com)

NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,963,000 (-98,000/-292,000)
2. B&B 3,626,000 (+155,000/+407,000) <覧- 3 year high *
3. DAYS 2,539,000 (+11,000/-247,000)
4. GH 2,300,000 (+91,000/-387,000)

* Highest since February 2-6, 2009 (3,688,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.6/11 (-.1/-.1)
2. B&B 2.6/8 (+.1/+.3) <覧- 2 year high *
3. DAYS 1.9/6 (same/-.1)
4. GH 1.7/5 (+.1/-.3)

* Highest since January 4-8, 2010 (2.6/8)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 958,000 (-2,000/-74,000)
2. B&B 801,000 (+104,000/+176,000) <覧 2 year high *
3. GH 592,000 (+62,000/-189,000)
4. DAYS 531,000 (-66,000/-223,000)

* Highest since January 25-29, 2010 (806,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.5/9 (same/-.1)
2. B&B 1.3/8 (+.2/+.4) <覧- 3 year high *
3. GH 0.9/5 (+.1/-.3)
4. DAYS 0.8/5 (-.1/-.3) <覧 ties low

* Highest since February 16-20, 2009 (1.3/8)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.7/4 (same/-.1)
2. B&B 0.6/4 (+.1/+.2)
3. DAYS 0.5/3 (same/-.3)
4. GH 0.4/2 (same/-.2) <覧 ties low (2nd straight week)

See the rest at ---> http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-bb-hits-2-and-3-year-highs
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 2 2012, 05:33 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS Daily Ratings
Monday: 2.1/2,857,000
Tuesday: 1.8/2,402,000
Wednesday: 1.7/2,331,000
Thursday: 1.9/2,547,000
Friday: 1.9/2,557,000

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Man, the whole Hope/Steffy, Liam, Bill and Kate over at B & B is going over great! Good for them! Glad to see that GH had an increase in viewers too. ABC really needs to get rid of The Revolution -- a most terrible lead in for GH.

DaysForever
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 2 2012, 05:34 PM
DAYS Daily Ratings
Monday: 2.1/2,857,000
Tuesday: 1.8/2,402,000
Wednesday: 1.7/2,331,000
Thursday: 1.9/2,547,000
Friday: 1.9/2,557,000
What is up with that 2.1 on Monday?!

Nice to see that DAYS's second-highest rated episode was on a FRIDAY!

With things picking up this week, I'm expecting ratings to go up even more when they're released next week.

Good job, B&B.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Wish Days did better on Thursday - both Dee and Matt knocked those scenes out of the park

DaysForever
Member Avatar

Ally
Feb 2 2012, 05:45 PM
Wish Days did better on Thursday - both Dee and Matt knocked those scenes out of the park
Agreed, but in all fairness, that episode wasn't advertised, sadly.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

B&B is on fire with a classic 93-97 Rileyesque type story. Just continues to show if you actually craft a real story with a beginning, middle and end involving characters people care about, you'll get ratings.

DaysForever
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Feb 2 2012, 05:48 PM
B&B is on fire with a classic 93-97 Rileyesque type story. Just continues to show if you actually craft a real story with a beginning, middle and end involving characters people care about, you'll get ratings.
What is the story about exactly?

Thomson
Member Avatar

Impressive numbers for B&B, and well deserved, IMO.

I'm glad Days is hanging in there, I hope to see an increase over the coming weeks.

Queen B
Member Avatar

YAY!:)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Yes the Hope/Liam/Steffy story on B&B is really bringing in the ratings for them....those are some impressive ratings.

Good for them...good stories DESERVE good ratings!

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 2 2012, 05:59 PM
Yes the Hope/Liam/Steffy story on B&B is really bringing in the ratings for them....those are some impressive ratings.

Yep, good viewing/stories. I know I've stopped watching Days, especially Live, in favor of Y&R and B&B. And given the spoilers and the current storylines for/on Days, I'll be sticking with CBS for the time being.
Edited by badaddiction, Feb 2 2012, 06:17 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

badaddiction
Feb 2 2012, 06:16 PM
Mitchapalooza

Yep, good viewing/stories. I know I've stopped watching Days, especially Live, in favor of Y&R and B&B. And given the spoilers and the current storylines for/on Days, I'll be sticking with CBS for the time being.
Ill give you B&B for sure...but Y&R is a bloody disaster.

Both DAYS and Y&R are in the proverbial toilet.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 2 2012, 06:20 PM
badaddiction
Mitchapalooza

Nah, Y&R maybe a mess, but at least there's some kind of excitement in its storyline. But Days? Not only is it a mess, it's an incredibly boring mess with cheap production values. It's boring to the brain and on the eyes.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

badaddiction
Feb 2 2012, 06:24 PM
Mitchapalooza
Feb 2 2012, 06:20 PM
badaddiction
Mitchapalooza

Nah, Y&R maybe a mess, but at least there's some kind of excitement in its storyline. But Days? Not only is it a mess, it's an incredibly boring mess with cheap production values. It's boring to the brain and on the eyes.
I agree that DAYS is certainly worse...but Y&R is boring as fuck...that show needs a massive overhaul. Its does look good though...as it should considering it brings in the most money by far.

OldDaysFankat

B&B is the most impressive. This is a show with no online presence but it's grown well in the key demos. The Hope/Liam/Steffi/Bill/Katie quad is a winner and its just basic soap with people plotting to keep the rootable couple apart

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

OldDaysFankat
Feb 2 2012, 06:30 PM
B&B is the most impressive. This is a show with no online presence but it's grown well in the key demos. The Hope/Liam/Steffi/Bill/Katie quad is a winner and its just basic soap with people plotting to keep the rootable couple apart
Agreed...B&B really doesn't have an online presence, it is by far the least popular online...but it still keep pulling in good numbers year to year and is by a mile the most successful internationally. There is something to be said about that I think (in regards to having no online presence, but pulls in great numbers)

B&B does not rate well in Canada for some reason, it is the lowest rated soap in Canada.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 2 2012, 06:36 PM.

rockchic
Member Avatar

It looks so barren with only 4 soaps now! :shame:

OldDaysFankat

Mitchapalooza
Feb 2 2012, 06:35 PM
OldDaysFankat
Feb 2 2012, 06:30 PM
Agreed...B&B really doesn't have an online presence, it is by far the least popular online...but it still keep pulling in good numbers year to year and is by a mile the most successful internationally. There is something to be said about that I think (in regards to having no online presence, but pulls in great numbers)

B&B does not rate well in Canada for some reason, it is the lowest rated soap in Canada.
I'm just not a believer in online feedback used as a popularity gauge because overall its made up of fanbases, not general viewers, who tend to overanalyze every detail and automatically hate on newbies. Offliners also just tune out when stories don't interest them. I have read opinions of B&B online and its called trashy and badly acted and the stories played out. So you can see how well that feedback translates to ratings.
Edited by OldDaysFankat, Feb 2 2012, 07:41 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Wow, what happened Monday that gave days so many viewers? Lol

And ot, but I'm sooooo glad to see the Revolution flopping! :) makes me happy
Edited by blueskies, Feb 2 2012, 07:41 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply