Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: Week of January 23 to 27; Good week for B&B
Topic Started: Feb 2 2012, 05:29 PM (2,483 Views)
AlisonLou

Days is rated lowest in the important demographic. That is not good.
It's not surprising given the writers are terrible. Their stories are bad! And they won't listen to their viewers!
The John and Hope/Gina stuff in the coming weeks will see Days take last position back.
After seeing these ratings why are they risking it all with such a bad sl?
B&B are on fire though and with their 25th anniversary and a wedding coming up they will get even better ratings.
Who wants to watch John and Hope/Gina shit when they can watch a beautiful wedding and stories that don't suck!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DaysForever
Member Avatar

AlisonLou
Feb 2 2012, 09:17 PM
Who wants to watch John and Hope/Gina shit when they can watch a beautiful wedding and stories that don't suck!
I do.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

DaysForever
Feb 2 2012, 09:41 PM
AlisonLou
I do.
I actually do as well..Happy couples are so boring on soaps..They need conflict of some sort..And we all know nothing romantic will happen with John and Hope...Really looking forward to John having a meaty storyline.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

The Talk

Viewers 2,450,000 (+70,000) Series High
Adults 18-49 - 0.9/5 (same)

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

It doesnít surprise that DAYS doesnít improve in the ratings. There is no balance to the show. ALL S/L suck and are total BS. There timing is terrible! They are everything that Y&R and B&B arenít. Losing 250,000 viewers from last year at the time is the only reoccurring thing that DAYS can claim; I can say for certain that DAYS will never have the honor that B&B had this week with 2nd and 3rd highest viewers!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Kevc1980
Feb 2 2012, 11:42 PM
DaysForever
AlisonLou
I do.
I actually do as well..Happy couples are so boring on soaps..They need conflict of some sort..And we all know nothing romantic will happen with John and Hope...Really looking forward to John having a meaty storyline.
Count me as a 3rd (like I've never been that number before). I'm interested in seeing how all of this plays out (especially considering I've been REALLY enjoying the last week or so).

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Matt
Feb 3 2012, 04:43 PM
Kevc1980
DaysForever
AlisonLou
I do.
Count me as a 3rd (like I've never been that number before). I'm interested in seeing how all of this plays out (especially considering I've been REALLY enjoying the last week or so).

Matt :smooch: I will glady be the 4th.

I am a Princess Gina/MercJohn whore. so I say bring it on.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Count me in too. The show has really been improving, especially this week. Things are finally happening. The biggest thing they have to fix is the lack of followup issue that keeps screwing with the momentum on the show. If something important happens, follow up on it the next day, please! Also, the show needs more cliffhangers like today to get people watching daily.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Good for B&B.

AlisonLou

Kirk
Feb 3 2012, 05:28 PM
Matt
Kevc1980
DaysForever

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

How can you be. They only had one scene and that was the subsex scenes that saw Days ratings decline. Days have never recovered from it.
Days will lose viewers from this.
A lot of longtime fans are quitting watching the show.
It's not good.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Let's be real here. Long time fans quit a long time ago. This will do nothing to hurt the ratings anymore than it already has.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I have enjoyed DAYS more these last few weeks than I have in the last few years.

The only thing that reallly bugs me right now is Patrick Muldoon. He seems to have forgotten how to act :ermmmm:

AlisonLou

The Gina/Pawn stuff was what got Days where they are now.
They lost viewers after they aired that and didn't get those viewers back.
There was a huge backlash then and there will be now.
I've read people on twitter and on messageboards saying they have quit watching the show because of this and they have all been watching this show for a long time!
Days need new headwriters.
The woman who plays Maggie hasn't even worked since last year!
Days don't treat their actresses or actors respectfully.
I don't care if people have a problem with her attitude no one deserves to be treated like this. No one!
Edited by AlisonLou, Feb 4 2012, 03:04 AM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

AlisonLou
Feb 4 2012, 02:28 AM
Kirk
Feb 3 2012, 05:28 PM
Matt
Kevc1980

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

How can you be. They only had one scene and that was the subsex scenes that saw Days ratings decline. Days have never recovered from it.
Days will lose viewers from this.
A lot of longtime fans are quitting watching the show.
It's not good.

The Princess Gina saga/character is and will most likely always be one of my favorite DAYS SL and characters on DAYS. I could give a rat's ass if others don't like it. I watch DAYS for my viewing pleasure.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

AlisonLou
Feb 4 2012, 02:58 AM
I've read people on twitter and on messageboards saying they have quit watching the show because of this and they have all been watching this show for a long time!
I don't care if people have a problem with her attitude no one deserves to be treated like this. No one!

If we are talking ratings nose dives, take a look at Eggbaby, which heavily involved Maggie. And please Renee Jones has been treated much worse than just about anyone on the DAYS cast, not Suzanne Rogers.

Evan
Member Avatar

B&B must be doing something right - the whole Liam/Hope/Steffy saga bores the crap out of me, but I'm obviously in the minority.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

AlisonLou
OMG Are you for reals? They are really not watching anymore? WOW, The show better take notice then! They must do something to get those people back to. :scared: :scared: :scared:

lysie
Member Avatar

AlisonLou
If the other people who are tuning out want to come here and say so, let them do it. Please just speak your opinion and stop trying to speak for everyone else.

Queen B
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 4 2012, 04:12 PM
AlisonLou
If the other people who are tuning out want to come here and say so, let them do it. Please just speak your opinion and stop trying to speak for everyone else.
:hail:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply