Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Emmy Pre-Nomination Submission List For 2012; Lead Actor / Actress, Supporting Actor / Actress. Younger Actor & Actress Post #28
Topic Started: Feb 3 2012, 09:29 PM (9,170 Views)
am103
Member Avatar

I love Valerie Wildman, but what scenes from 2011 could she possibly have submitted? Fay falling down the stairs to her death?

Shelley Hennig could totally win an Emmy for Younger Actress. Her scenes during Nathan and Stephanie's break-up were riveting. She showed that she is a good actress in those scenes, and that was the only time during the Nathan/Stephanie relationship where I saw any kind of chemistry between the actors.

Arianne Zucker deserves an Emmy for Supporting Actress. Nicole hasn't always had the best of storylines (don't even get me started on the TayWhore fiasco), but Zucker delivers every time no matter what. It's about time she's been recognized for it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

If Florencia Lozano doesn't not only get nominated, but WIN for Best Lead Actress then the Emmy's haven't been fixed at all and its still a joke and popularity contest. I don't see one person on that list that was in her league this last year, besides Debbi Morgan. I'll say it should be Flo in a runaway, but it won't happen. Can't wait to see the real pre-noms!

Paul8148

Nelson on Silas Kain reveals he overlook that Roger Hayworth part himself in the Supporting Actor Race

In Actress he was high on Frontrunner Erika S. (She summited the screen where Vicki blasted Echo for her affair with Charlie), Flo-lo (Tea goes off on Todd at Victor's funeral), Lucci (Best Reel she ever summited), Morgan, Chappell's (Where she detoxing in the padded room), KKL (Where Brooke talks with Thomas after she finds out he lied about Island Sex) Hillary b smith (screen where Matthrew flatlines)....Seem down on Susan Flanney, Michella Stanford and Halls reel.

In Actor: Geary (who summited 30's second clip but suppose to be great of the innavation episode), Burton (where carley askes to use jacks body parts on the roof), James Scott (leading up to Ejami sex), Michael Mulhely (where Adams rips into everyone at "sharron's funeral"), and John Crook (Talking about not feeling wanted sexually by Stephine)...Down on Jerry Ver Dorgan reel

Supporting Actress Reel: Likes Irrena, Bree Williamson, and a couple other he like, but mostly down on the reels

Supporting Actor: Likes Jackson (Lucky rips Luke after finding out Luke runover Jake's), Jacob Young ("babe" screen), Jason Thompson, and Roger Hayworth (a showdown screen with Victor and Todd).

FanODays

Does anybody really think that Jackson won't win?

Daytime
Member Avatar

Why is Michael Muhney on the list..I thought he was against the whole Emmy thing,now he submits something??? :shrug: :shrug:
Edited by Daytime, Feb 12 2012, 01:02 AM.

Serenity 808

I'm really hoping Crystal Chappell gets a nomination for Lead Actress. She really acted her ass off during Carly's drug addiction storyline. Though she was underused and her stories were underdeveloped, her performances elevated them and made them compelling.

Paul8148

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpyIWTq5SUI

Erika two minutes are in there.....She is the frontrunner for sure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvJSiQhHytg

florencia two minutes are in there....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEeJN8TwXTE&feature=related

Eddie summited the part where Matthrew tells Clint....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znmAp1X3Tvk

Michael summited Adam Crashing Sharon Funeral, the 2 minutes comes from whre he ripped into anyone..

Sweeney 11/17/2011....Sweeney the screens were Sami and Rafe fought
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0G0HyrwsBU&feature=related

Scott summited 11/18/2011 screens with Ej and Sami

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKBZl-D6o0I&feature=related

Edited by Paul8148, Feb 12 2012, 05:41 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

YOUNGER ACTRESS

Jackie MacInnes Wood, B&B

Lexi Ainsworth, GH

Molly Burnett, DAYS

Shenell Edmonds, OLTL

Kim Matula. B&B

Danielle Parker, AMC

Kate Mansi, DAYS

Kristen Alderson, OLTL

Christel Khalil, Y&R

Shelley Hennig, DAYS

Natalie Hall, AMC

Camila Banus, DAYS

YOUNGER ACTOR

Bryton James, Y&R

Chad Duell, GH

David Gregory, OLTL

Casey Deidrick, DAYS

Austin Williams, OLTL

Chandler Massey, DAYS

Nathan Parsons, GH

Eddie Alderson, OLTL

Kevin Schmidt, Y&R

Adam Gregory, B&B

Andrew Trischitta, OLTL

Patrick Gibbons Jr., OLTL

Michael Fairman
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

The revised Daytime Emmy voting system is in place, and the official voting for the 39th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards got underway last week. With the new process, 2- minute reels have been selected by each performer, as an example or excerpt of a their work within the calendar year for consideration for the first phase of getting a shot at the gold in the six acting categories. The Pre-Nomination voting will conclude on February 27th and the official announcement of the Pre-Nominees is set by NATAS for March 2nd. Then, the next round of voting begins through March with full submissions by the Pre-Nominees, and the voting through April via Blue Ribbon Panels. The final nominees for this years awards will be revealed for the first time on May 4th.

Michael Fairman
Quote Post Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

As much as I believe JS is talented, I think the 11/18 episode had some major hits AND misses. I felt nothing when he was alone in the room walking around with his arms out and "crying", because I could see him acting. I felt a disconnection between him as an actor and his character's pain, but I've been wrong before. To this day I'm baffled as to why Tom Hanks won an Oscar for Philadelphia. The one scene that ALWAYS sticks out for me is the pivotal scene in which he's telling Denzel Washington's character the story of an opera recording he was listening to. Throughout that entire scene, I felt TH didn't know diddly-squat about Opera and couldn't really deliver the true emotional depth which that scene required because of that lack of understanding. So, I guess we'll see.
Edited by badaddiction, Feb 13 2012, 08:36 AM.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Reading the Young Actor/Actress lists, I think GH's Lexi Ainsworth and Chad Duell should definitely make the cut.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I've seen more than one person say that Christel Khalil has the Younger Actress in the bag. I don't know what everyone submitted, wish I knew. Everyone said Lexi Ainsworth had it in the bag last year too though so I guess no one knows for sure. I can't wait for the pre-noms to come out so we can see if this new Emmy process actually changed anything.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'm very happy to see Shelley Hennig on the pre-nomination list. I hope she submitted the scenes with her and Nathan's confronting each other.
Edited by darraholic, Feb 13 2012, 02:43 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Shelley Hennig deserves to WIN for her performance when Nathan found out about Stephanie's lie...Hennig was AMAZING in that episode and I hope it is what she submitted. Very happy she submitted...I was worried since she left DAYS last yr she may not submit herself.

THANK GOD for the new system because there was no way in hell DAYS was going to pre-nom her if they were only allowed 2 prenoms slots.

Massey IMO wins over Duell in Younger Actor.

Even though I fucking hate that cunt Crystal Chappell, she did some great work on screen during the Drug Addiction story...she deserves a nomination for sure.

Matt Ashford also deserves a nomination as does James Scott.

DAYS deserves some recognition for the people above.

lysie
Member Avatar

I thought cc was awful during the drug story. That was a big part of the reason I wasn't at all sad to see her go, though I thought she was just fine before.

I don't really feel like anyone did anything particularly noteworthy at Days last year. It irritates me that the system has changed and some of these people will benefit from it now rather than people who deserved to benefit from it before. There's only four shows left, so awards like this seem hollow now.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

There's 6 shows on the ballot benefiting from the rule changes this year. This could very well be the last Daytime Emmys and if not then I think next year will definitely be the last. The awards don't feel any more hollow to me than they did last year with 7 shows on the ballots. ATWT cleaned up on its last year. The changes are long overdue, but its better late than never. I would rather see the Emmys go out with the right people winning than the same old CBS shows dominating everything just because of their names.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

badaddiction
Feb 13 2012, 08:19 AM
As much as I believe JS is talented, I think the 11/18 episode had some major hits AND misses. I felt nothing when he was alone in the room walking around with his arms out and "crying", because I could see him acting. I felt a disconnection between him as an actor and his character's pain, but I've been wrong before. To this day I'm baffled as to why Tom Hanks won an Oscar for Philadelphia. The one scene that ALWAYS sticks out for me is the pivotal scene in which he's telling Denzel Washington's character the story of an opera recording he was listening to. Throughout that entire scene, I felt TH didn't know diddly-squat about Opera and couldn't really deliver the true emotional depth which that scene required because of that lack of understanding. So, I guess we'll see.
Totally disagree about James Scott and the scene where he fell backwards to the floor in a crying/stunned heap and the camera is behind the exterior door/fireplace and there is no dialogue or sound...SOO effective...I felt like not being able to actually hear him only elevated the scene and made it that much more emotional...giving us a small glimpse into the private window of a parent who is learning their child is dead.

That was his most effective scene IMO...that and the huge screaming match with Sami late before pigsex (which he was smart NOT to include).

philip&stephanie

Mitchapalooza
Feb 13 2012, 03:06 PM
Shelley Hennig deserves to WIN for her performance when Nathan found out about Stephanie's lie...Hennig was AMAZING in that episode and I hope it is what she submitted. Very happy she submitted...I was worried since she left DAYS last yr she may not submit herself.

THANK GOD for the new system because there was no way in hell DAYS was going to pre-nom her if they were only allowed 2 prenoms slots.

Massey IMO wins over Duell in Younger Actor.

Even though I fucking hate that cunt Crystal Chappell, she did some great work on screen during the Drug Addiction story...she deserves a nomination for sure.

Matt Ashford also deserves a nomination as does James Scott.

DAYS deserves some recognition for the people above.
Agree with everything you said, especially about Shelley Hennig she completely deserves the nomination and win. No other younger actress on Days or any other Soaps gave that AMAZING of a performance this year.

lysie
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 13 2012, 03:44 PM
There's 6 shows on the ballot benefiting from the rule changes this year. This could very well be the last Daytime Emmys and if not then I think next year will definitely be the last. The awards don't feel any more hollow to me than they did last year with 7 shows on the ballots. ATWT cleaned up on its last year. The changes are long overdue, but its better late than never. I would rather see the Emmys go out with the right people winning than the same old CBS shows dominating everything just because of their names.
I felt they were hollow last year, too.

am103
Member Avatar

ECSTATIC to see Hennig submitted. The only scenes I can imagine her turning in are her break-up scenes with Nathan. She was on fire back then!

Also think Chandler could take home an Emmy, if he submitted the right scenes. My personal favorites are from early December, when Will got drunk and ruined Sami and Rafe's Christmas gathering. Massey ROCKED those scenes, and that's around the time his fanbase exploded.

2011 was NOT Molly Burnett's year. I feel like 2010 was her good year, at the peak of Carly's storyline. Melanie was written into such a corner and the character became unlikeable again. 2011 was just too scrambled for her. She learned Philip cheated on her, lost her baby (which she oddly NEVER speaks of), got involved with that snoozefest Dario, almost had a puke-worthy romance with Brady, and then danced around and did a whole lot of nothing until her mother got shipped off to rehab and she suddenly had feelings for Chad. I feel like Melanie's character has simply worn out her welcome these days, and she most definitely won't take home an Emmy.
Edited by am103, Feb 13 2012, 05:43 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply