Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Emmy Pre-Nomination Submission List For 2012; Lead Actor / Actress, Supporting Actor / Actress. Younger Actor & Actress Post #28
Topic Started: Feb 3 2012, 09:29 PM (9,086 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This most likely is her submission, she was barely on in 2011 to begin with and this was her ONLY episode that was even CLOSE to being something that could be considered "emmy worthy".

If she submitted this, she has a HUGE shot at a nomination and win IMO....i was left stunned by her performance.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

If Christel Khalil submits when Cane died or when she confronted him when he returned, she has the win. As much as I loathe Lily, she's really improved and at least the first half of last year we saw a stronger, more adult Lily.

philip&stephanie

Mitchapalooza
Feb 13 2012, 06:07 PM

This most likely is her submission, she was barely on in 2011 to begin with and this was her ONLY episode that was even CLOSE to being something that could be considered "emmy worthy".

If she submitted this, she has a HUGE shot at a nomination and win IMO....i was left stunned by her performance.
That is an Emmy Award Winning Performance.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

into_the_skyline
Feb 13 2012, 06:10 PM
If Christel Khalil submits when Cane died or when she confronted him when he returned, she has the win. As much as I loathe Lily, she's really improved and at least the first half of last year we saw a stronger, more adult Lily.
I disagree...I think SH performance above was better.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

I thought she was good, but we don't even know if she'll be nominated (which is probably unlikely).

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

into_the_skyline
Feb 13 2012, 06:35 PM
I thought she was good, but we don't even know if she'll be nominated (which is probably unlikely).
Oh I agree...she may not have even submitted the above...but if she did, I would say she has just as much a chance of being nominated as CK does.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

That was definitely Hennig's best material in her four years on the show. Will it get her the win? I doubt it. Khalil definitely has a stronger performance. Hell, I'd even say Kate Mansi has a better shot at winning the Emmy over Hennig.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Hennig really should get nominated and win. She may have circumstances on her side too. In recent years, alot of actors/actresses who've submitted after leaving their shows or were close to leaving their shows have won, I believe. Plus, she's been nominated before so at least some voters may recognize her. Khalil did give her best performance but I felt Hennig was the more electric performance. I'm biased though because I've loved her work since her first day on Days. Both have to be nominated first, though, and we know often the ones who deserve to get nominated don't. I do think Days will get two nominees in younger actress and younger actor. They usually at least get nods in those categories and I don't see enough from other shows to be able to present Days from doing well there.

As far as Days goes, based on the work last year, I would say Molly Burnett, Shelley Hennig, Chandler Massey, Matthew Ashford, James Scott, Crystal Chappell, Arianne Zucker, and Alison Sweeney all have some sort of reel that could get them nominated and maybe even given them a win. I would say Nadia Bjorlin for the PPD story but she never had that really baity scene that gets you a nod and win so I doubt she will get in.

I think Jonathan Jackson is a shoo-in for a nod and win for GH. Slezak, Ver Dorn, Lozano, Kristen, Eddie Alderson, and Edmonds all have material to get nominated for OLTL as well. I would laugh if I saw Patrick Gibbons nominated as Sam from OLTL because that would be adorable but it won't happen.

philip&stephanie

Remember last year there were only 3 slots for younger actress and actor. I wonder if they are going to say with 3 or go back to 5.

lene
Member Avatar

FanODays
Feb 11 2012, 06:22 PM
Does anybody really think that Jackson won't win?

After this? Jackson and Geary should both win Emmy's!

lene
Member Avatar

into_the_skyline
Feb 13 2012, 06:10 PM
If Christel Khalil submits when Cane died or when she confronted him when he returned she has the win. As much as I loathe Lily, she's really improved and at least the first half of last year we saw a stronger, more adult Lily.
I don't know. CK was amazing in that scene, but for me? I got distracted when Jess Walton started chewing the scenery. Which sucked, because it was CK's "moment to shine". lol
Edited by lene, Feb 14 2012, 08:50 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Do y'all really think performance quality is relevant to any part of this process? I don't.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 14 2012, 08:58 AM
Do y'all really think performance quality is relevant to any part of this process? I don't.
Thank You!

Talent and performance has been a missing element in this contest for over two decades now. Every once in a blue moon, the voters get it right. During some of Days very best years, they were overlooked completely, and in some of their worst years, they snaged nominations. It's just strange the contrast and injustice of this system.

Bottom-line (IMHO): These nods come more from popular opinion among actors and backstage murmurs. Actors do not watch these shows. Maybe writers actually vote for who they feel deserves a nod, but don't forget Hackley was nominated for that abomination that was Days in 2010, while other very good HWs rarely got nominated for what became classic seasons for this show.

The system is fucked, and has been so long it doesn't even seem to matter anymore. Sure, I'll read a list of nominees and winners, but after last years AWFUL telecast, I'd be a fool to watch (Honoring Oprah with a loooong tribute, and the woman stayed home...while cancelled soaps got very little attention)

Count me out.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 13 2012, 04:46 PM
badaddiction
Feb 13 2012, 08:19 AM
As much as I believe JS is talented, I think the 11/18 episode had some major hits AND misses. I felt nothing when he was alone in the room walking around with his arms out and "crying", because I could see him acting. I felt a disconnection between him as an actor and his character's pain, but I've been wrong before. To this day I'm baffled as to why Tom Hanks won an Oscar for Philadelphia. The one scene that ALWAYS sticks out for me is the pivotal scene in which he's telling Denzel Washington's character the story of an opera recording he was listening to. Throughout that entire scene, I felt TH didn't know diddly-squat about Opera and couldn't really deliver the true emotional depth which that scene required because of that lack of understanding. So, I guess we'll see.
Totally disagree about James Scott and the scene where he fell backwards to the floor in a crying/stunned heap and the camera is behind the exterior door/fireplace and there is no dialogue or sound...SOO effective...I felt like not being able to actually hear him only elevated the scene and made it that much more emotional...giving us a small glimpse into the private window of a parent who is learning their child is dead.

That was his most effective scene IMO...that and the huge screaming match with Sami late before pigsex (which he was smart NOT to include).
I think that was one of his worst scenes ever. It was so bad I was laughing.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

IF performance counted...IF.....I agree Henig deserves the nod, and I think in this case, she gets it. Also expect Burnett and Massey thrown a bone, Thats just my guess. NEXT year....belongs to Chandler Massey!!!!!

Chappell MAY get a nod. She did a great job with her withdrawl scenes, and made a bad, bad, bad story (almost) work. I am no longer a fan of the actress, but she's a media darling and an actor's favorite.

James scott is becoming an annual nominee.

Ari Zucker should have a place in the ballot simply for being overlooked in better years....but it won't happen.

Best Drama Nods.... B&B, OLTL, Y&R
AMC may sneak in as a foorth since it has been cancelled, and never count out GH even when it's shit. Days won't get nominated, and for last year, the show doesn't deserve it.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Found some rumoured DAYS Submissions from Goldderby Awards Forums

---

DAYS EMMY TAPE SUBMISSIONS:

Lead Actor: James Scott (EJ) Submission = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjVnaujLHQI
Lead Actress: Crystal Chappell (Ex-Carly) Submission = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyipr1wB6y8
Lead Actress: Alison Sweeney (Sami) Submission = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XkdC7ucgqk&feature=related
Supporting Actor: Matthew Ashford (Jack) Submission = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFnLeATkKew
Younger Actress: Shelley Hennig (Ex-Stephanie) Submission = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ADS94jeQ

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

If those are true, all DAYS actors have great submissions and potential.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Chappell submission is ridiculous IMO...classic example of over-acting gone horribly wrong...I don't know about anyone else, but I was busting a gut laughing at her slapping her legs and arms on the floor....

She had MUCH better tapes to submit. She could have submitted the scenes with Jennifer in the hotel room when Jennifer found out about her addiction....that was a much better tape.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

"If you're such a great mother, why do all of your kids always end up dead?!" - EJ DiMera.

He's getting nominated. Might not win, but that line takes my breath away every time I hear it. That's a great performance. He might be a little over the top, but I think the scene called for it and I'm sure he will get recognized for that. I think Tony Geary will win, but James Scott deserves recognition.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'm not liking Chappell or Sweeney's reels. They can only submit a max of 2 minutes from their episodes for the pre-nom round so it might cause one of them to sneak in. I'm assuming Chappell is going with the flailing on the ground slapping herself. To me that is horrible, I don't think she can get in. Sweeney's stupid faces and overacting ruin hers, but there is a chance she can get in if she submits 2 minutes where she starts blaming Rafe and just starts yelling. If she just submits the yelling and whining then I don't think she has a chance at getting a nom. Lead actress is VERY strong this year so I don't think either make the cut. Sweeney has a better chance than Chappell, IMO.

I LOVE Matt Ashford's reel and he is so subtle. Its a great reel, but I don't think he will get a nom either. They might put it through to contrast with the big reels of Jonathan Jackson, Billy Miller. They always throw one like that in there every year, but it never wins. I would be overjoyed just to see him get a nomination.

Shelley Hennig's reel is what every reel should be. Its calm and great acting, then its a powerhouse performance. She has a good chance, IMO because she's now on a successful primetime show and that scene is great. Mark Hapka does a great job here too and it always helps to be playing off someone that is upping their game. That's why Tony Geary, Susan Flannery, and Laura Wright are in like everyone else's reels every year. Its almost hard to believe how great this scene is. I'm sure she's submitting the last two minutes and I HOPE that they put her through based on that. Once she can submit the full reel, if put through, that is a great day from beginning to end.

I think James Scott and Shelley Hennig are the favorites from DAYS based on those reels.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply