Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Photos: All time couples
Topic Started: Feb 5 2012, 03:25 PM (4,296 Views)
jaygal
Member Avatar

I just had a look at these photos and they made me smile so I thought i'd share, just for fun. I didn't know who some of the couples were :embarrassed:

All time couples photos

If it's in the wrong place apologies and feel free to move the thread :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

I saw this on Facebook a couple weeks ago. Its quite hilarious because it seems they put almost every pairing and some that weren't even couples but kissed and called them a couple.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

You know I have probably seen that picture of EJ and Sami many, many times but for some reason I totally missed JS's nipple so erect it could cut glass. LOL.

Thanks for posting. I'd never actually seen a picture of Addie and Doug together before.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Thanks! It was great seeing some of the past couples from Days.#31 was Shane and Kayla...Ugh! I think it is #38 that is Shane and Kim. Love going down memory lane and seeing the real Kosicheck instead of Roman. ;)
Edited by Dorothy595, Feb 5 2012, 03:48 PM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Wow, some rare treasures in there. An Abe and TAMARA picture? Kudos to them for actually realizing Abe existed before Lexie.

There were some controversial picks though, like Shane and Kayla, and some huge couples forgotten, like Tony and Anna.

But though this was great to look through, I do hate to see that the Bill and Susan picture is just another Bill and LAURA picture. In fact, there should have been a Greg / Susan and especially Greg / Amanda picture in there, too.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

CHLOE & LUCAS? Are you freaking kidding me. One of the worst couples EVER.

Hmm with the picture they used for Shawn & Belle. I fully expected them to use Kirsten Storms & Jason Cook. I hope it means they'd bring back Martha if Belle were to return.

Blech at Roman & Kate. I hated that pairing.

I would have loved to seen Phillip & Belle and I was suprised Brady/Chloe were not on there unless I missed it. Brady/Chloe > Lucas/Chloe and Daniel/Chloe

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

That ejami picture was HOT!!!!!

tmjohn72
Member Avatar

Victor and Julie! I didn't know that happened.
But I didn't start watching until 1990. Even then I was only 5 so I can't be expected to remember every romance. I am surprised that Gina and John weren't included in the list.

kimandshane

Thanks for posting the link...the pics are fun! I wasn't sure if the show still acknowledged Kayla/Shane so I guess that answers the question.

I love that shot of Shane and Kimberly...a classic and one of my favorites :smile: . It really captures the "essence" of the couple....romance, intelligence, and tenderness.
Edited by kimandshane, Feb 5 2012, 05:41 PM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

darraholic
Feb 5 2012, 04:08 PM
Hmm with the picture they used for Shawn & Belle. I fully expected them to use Kirsten Storms & Jason Cook. I hope it means they'd bring back Martha if Belle were to return.
Yeah, that's what it must mean given they had a picture of Wayne Northrop as Roman.

rockchic
Member Avatar

What? No EJaylor? But they were like the bestest couple ever! :teehee:

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

nocturnalblondie
Feb 5 2012, 05:40 PM
darraholic
Yeah, that's what it must mean given they had a picture of Wayne Northrop as Roman.
Uhh Josh Taylor has never been accepted as Roman, so a picture of Josh & Deidre would not make sense. Martha is much more accepted as Belle then Josh has been as Roman. :)

AlisonLou

tmjohn72
Feb 5 2012, 04:30 PM
But I didn't start watching until 1990. Even then I was only 5 so I can't be expected to remember every romance. I am surprised that Gina and John weren't included in the list.
Gina and John were never a couple. They were manufactured by Stefano. And they only ever had one scene. The awful subsex scene.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

darraholic
Feb 5 2012, 05:55 PM
nocturnalblondie
darraholic
Uhh Josh Taylor has never been accepted as Roman, so a picture of Josh & Deidre would not make sense. Martha is much more accepted as Belle then Josh has been as Roman. :)
Yeah, that must be why the Shelle fandom went and stayed relatively quiet since Kirsten's departure. KS created way more buzz than MM ever did, and she should be the one they bring back, not Martha.

I also know the show is extremely interested in getting Jason Cook back to play Shawn - based on those circumstances, it would be way more logical to bring back KS too. MM/JC as Shelle SUCKED!!! MM was not bad though, but I always saw her as a replacement, she was never Belle.

AFaithL

I agreed with most of the choices having been vital to the show..

But EPIC FAIL with Lucas/Chloe, Lucas/Nicole, and Shane/Kayla!

Those pairings were nasty and had virtually NO fans. I would have put Philip and Belle, Brady and Chloe, and Mike and Carrie in their places.

Titus Andronicus
Member Avatar

No Calliope and Eugene, Roman and Diana, John and Kristen, Tony and Anna, Tony and Renee, Marlena and Don, Neil and Liz (but Neil and Amanda?), but a whole bunch of newer couples. I know I've quit watching in the past three years, but have they really established that many decent couples?

I guess it's a double-edged sword and Days certainly doesn't want to admit that the old days (pardon the pun) were that much better.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

nocturnalblondie
Feb 5 2012, 06:32 PM
darraholic
nocturnalblondie
darraholic
Yeah, that must be why the Shelle fandom went and stayed relatively quiet since Kirsten's departure. KS created way more buzz than MM ever did, and she should be the one they bring back, not Martha.

I also know the show is extremely interested in getting Jason Cook back to play Shawn - based on those circumstances, it would be way more logical to bring back KS too. MM/JC as Shelle SUCKED!!! MM was not bad though, but I always saw her as a replacement, she was never Belle.
Please ENLIGHTEN me where I said Kirsten Storms was less popular then Martha Madison. I'm assuming that you can read, now if you look at my post you will see that I said Martha was more accepted as BELLE than Josh Taylor was as ROMAN.

As for the Kirsten vs Martha debate it's all SUBJECTIVE. To say one of them was bigger in the role is unfounded unless you can back up SOLID EVIDENCE to prove your point. Each had their fans.

And please point me to the evidence that the show is extremely interested in getting Jason Cook. He is on another show. I hope this isn't another "I KNOW SOMEONE WHO WORKS FOR NBC!". It's a rumor. Nothing more. You don't have any more insider info then the rest of us.

blueskies
Member Avatar

lmao, that is THE most RANDOM assortment of couples ever, hahaha

Seriously, how in the world do Chloe/Lucas, Stephanie/Nathan (among many others) rank in the "all time couples" list? lol

And where were Mimi/Rex??? They were awesome, I don't care what anyone thinks.

I know I'm forgetting many others that SHOULD be on the list, I just can't get past the ones that MADE the list (somehow....)
Edited by blueskies, Feb 5 2012, 11:21 PM.

kellinatorjones

tmjohn72
Feb 5 2012, 04:30 PM
I was watching pretty faithfully those days and I think it would be a stretch to say Victor and Julie ever actually happened. They were on the Cruise of Deception with three couples so they sort of became a default couple for the duration, but I don't think they ever slept together or had anything you could really call a relationship.

This list pisses me off. I feel like someone from NBC went through the picture file and just picked the pictures they thought were hottest. Just call it what it is, random pictures of random couples. Certainly not "all-time couples." Many of these pairings weren't even the preferred pairing for those characters at the time. It just really pisses me off because I don't think any thought went into it. Seriously, this board could make a better list without breaking a sweat.
Edited by kellinatorjones, Feb 5 2012, 11:31 PM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

darraholic
Feb 5 2012, 10:20 PM
nocturnalblondie
Feb 5 2012, 06:32 PM
darraholic
nocturnalblondie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Please ENLIGHTEN me where I said Kirsten Storms was less popular then Martha Madison. I'm assuming that you can read, now if you look at my post you will see that I said Martha was more accepted as BELLE than Josh Taylor was as ROMAN.

As for the Kirsten vs Martha debate it's all SUBJECTIVE. To say one of them was bigger in the role is unfounded unless you can back up SOLID EVIDENCE to prove your point. Each had their fans.

And please point me to the evidence that the show is extremely interested in getting Jason Cook. He is on another show. I hope this isn't another "I KNOW SOMEONE WHO WORKS FOR NBC!". It's a rumor. Nothing more. You don't have any more insider info then the rest of us.
I didn't accuse you of saying anything, I personally believe that Days should bring back Kirsten because she creates the bigger buzz/has a bigger fanbase. Those are my words, not your own.

I also think she's a better actress, and the better Belle - and I think the general understanding of this board, is that posters post their opinions. So I'm not sure where you got the impression that I was suggesting that my post was the law of gravity or some indisputable universal fact. I think we're all intelligent enough to know that posts are subjective, no?

I watch General Hospital, I know exactly where Jason Cook is... but that show is a ticking time bomb. I feel certain that the show intends to bring him back. Do you honestly think that Days has no intentions of bringing back the most popular Shawn Brady? I loved Brandon Beemer, but Jason harbored the most support. Days knows that - the 2000s younger generation was the last generation who garnered the show so much attention. In what world would Days not want him back? That's all I'm saying.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply