Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Shocking Surprises for Stefano and Kate!; 2/21/12 Issues
Topic Started: Feb 8 2012, 11:27 PM (7,412 Views)
Twilightsucks
Member Avatar

This sets up a real conflict for Kate. Does she side with her husband who didnt know that baby Elvis was switched/dead. Or the guy who got his son taken from him? I would not want to be Kate.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

Seems like these writers either hit it out of the park or totally miss. This looks like one of their hits.

I'm actually excited about all of this especially Ian. I love Kate when she has something to do besides meddle with her children.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This sounds great!

It has to be EJ isn't Stefano's. I'm on the fence with that. I love their relationship but there is so much dramatic potential if he isn't and especially if someone like Ian is.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

You nailed it. These writers are all or nothing and these two stories seem to definitely be ALL in. Wow. It actually took my breath away reading those two articles. We have known for a long time it was a likely possibility that EJ wasn't really Elvis Jr. and Stefano's son, but reading it like that and reading that Stefano breaks down in tears was like a punch in the gut. It made it seem so real. I'm thrilled that I can hope that EJ is actually Ian's kidnapped son now instead of John's son. It makes me like the switch so much better.

Since EJ not being Stefano's son has started popping up I had always hoped that the real Elvis Jr. was somewhere in a hospital bed kept alive by machines and severely ill. Then someone could find the DAYS miracle cure and we could have a new awesome character of Elvis Jr. who is actually Stefano's son and a nice guy played by a good leading actor. I think that could be a really good storyline.

Now I'm thinking Ian sold his son to Susan and Alice and the bank account that Alice's money has been going into is actually Ian's. Anyone else get that idea or am I totally off base?

I'm so looking forward to all of this. Sounds EPIC. Forgot to mention how depressed I will be if the note reveals that baby Elvis is dead. Poor Susan/Kristen/Stefano/Edmund. I love the storyline, but that is still sad and I don't really want that.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Feb 9 2012, 01:08 AM.

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

Twilightsucks
Feb 9 2012, 12:54 AM
This sets up a real conflict for Kate. Does she side with her husband who didn't know that baby Elvis was switched/dead. Or the guy who got his son taken from him? I would not want to be Kate.
I do see Kate being torn does she stay withe the husband that she has grown to love or does she see where thins could lead with Ian since things ended so abruptly and there are so many unresolved feelings that they both obviously still share. She is married to Stefano but finds herself still attracted to Ian and that scares her Ian could be bad for her but part of her still wants it. Kate is a very strong woman but something about the prospect of Ian being back in town brings up all these old feelings that are sure to impact her marriage to Stefano and that scares her. I am a State fan but I admit I cannot wait to see where this is going. I am on the edge if my seat with anticipation bring it on!

She may not want anything to do with Ian right now and can resist him but for how long?

Ian makes it known that he wants Kate back in his life, and she's disturbed by the prospect. "Kate absolutely wants nothing to do with Ian at all," states Koslow. "He is definitely someone who dramatically impacts her, and that is a frightening thing. it's why Kate knows that she can't have anything to do wit him. He's a person that she was definitely impulsive with. So letting him back in would be a scary thing."

He obviously wants her and she was impulsive with him and he is a charmer so how long will it be before they have Kate creeping on Stefano?
Edited by Virgo Twins, Feb 9 2012, 01:20 AM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

So EggJ is going to break Stefano's heart for the bazillionth time leaving Chad the main heir to the DiMera empire because we know Lexie would bat an eye at the legacy. That makes me cry too.

I like the idea of this twist but EJ and Stefano's relationship is one of the few things left that I like about EJ. Oh well.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

The way this is happening though EJ would have absolutely NO reason to be mad at Stefano or blame him for anything. Stefano was clueless the whole time. The only way their relationship could really be destroyed is if Stefano rejects him for not having his blood.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I could see Stefano not wanting to lose him and covering this up. He confides in Kate and she gets caught between telling Ian, her former love, the truth about EJ being his son and her current husband, who she's grown to love. Really soapy and very dramatic.

I really hope that if EJ isn't Stefano's that they continue to have a relationship like Stefano and Tony had where Stefano still thought of him as his son. They should have Stefano and Ian, assuming Ian is his father, fighting over EJ for years.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 9 2012, 01:18 AM
The way this is happening though EJ would have absolutely NO reason to be mad at Stefano or blame him for anything. Stefano was clueless the whole time. The only way their relationship could really be destroyed is if Stefano rejects him for not having his blood.
Or have EJ reject Stefano. Personally I don't care they undo the blood relation what cannot change is the father/son bond...THAT SHOULD NEVER CHANGE, EVER!

In this case nurture trumps nature! it worked for Tony and Stefano, it can work for EJ.

Taelyn

Well, From what Ive read.. If EJ isnt a blood Dimera.. Then "Stephano is NOT THE FATHER" And he shouldnt act like his father Love and bond be damned..
LOL

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

no matter who is ej father ej still had sex with one of his fathers ex lovers[kate]

kate-john,Ian, stefano

Aliaron
Member Avatar

What of non-EJ is Ian's and Kate's. He can be a mother lover. Then he can join Rex and Cassie in never never land.
Edited by Aliaron, Feb 9 2012, 06:56 AM.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Devil's advocate here: Maybe Lucas is Ian's son???? Yeah, yeah, I know heís a Horton! MarDar would NEVER change that sacred parentage!!LOL, but itís a soap, things change, even connections to sacred familiesÖ

Anyway, I don't get the connection being drawn between Kate's past love life and Ian being EJ's father. Did I miss it in the articles? Seems like it's going to be two very separate happenings that will effect State's marriage, i.e., both will be dealing with their own individual nightmares and possibly unintentionally pulling away from each other, opening the door for a possible affair on Kate's part. Now the interesting question is who is EJís father? My guess goes to John.
Edited by badaddiction, Feb 9 2012, 08:22 AM.

Twilightsucks
Member Avatar

I think the John connection was dropped. There were alot of anvils but they have pretty much disappeared. I think two things changed the direction of the storyline. Ian coming in and James's re signing his contract. Stefano was being written as knowing the secret but now he is in the dark. EJ wont hate him for lying to him because he is a victim too.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Even if that's the case - the John angle being dropped - I still don't see how Ian's coming in effects EJ's parentage. It still could be simply that he's meant to affect Stefano's marriage and the two villains go head to head over Kate.

My money is still on John being the father though because Stefano has dealt with this type of revelation before (i.e.) Tony, yes. But to find out your pawn, your lifelong nemesis is in actuality your beloved son & heir's father? That's heartbreaking and soapy goodness.
Edited by badaddiction, Feb 9 2012, 08:42 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

badaddiction
Feb 9 2012, 08:21 AM
Devil's advocate here: Maybe Lucas is Ian's son???? Yeah, yeah, I know heís a Horton! MarDar would NEVER change that sacred parentage!!LOL, but itís a soap, things change, even connections to sacred familiesÖ

Anyway, I don't get the connection being drawn between Kate's past love life and Ian being EJ's father. Did I miss it in the articles? Seems like it's going to be two very separate happenings that will effect State's marriage, i.e., both will be dealing with their own individual nightmares and possibly unintentionally pulling away from each other, opening the door for a possible affair on Kate's part. Now the interesting question is who is EJís father? My guess goes to John.
Go for it! Give Bryan and Lucas story, I dont give a shit if it makes sense....Lucas will always be a Horton, just like Bo will always be a Brady but he's Victor's son....problem is if that happens what exactly is the conflict? It's not like we've seen Lucas become very attached to Bill, we haven't at all, it's never been an issue for him. He only took the Horton name in 2007 after being a Horton since 1993, so taking the fact that he's a Horton away really wouldn't drive story. IF he were not a Horton but he turned out to be Stefano's son in lieu of Ian's then that would be conflict...but Ian?

Clearly it's a possibility given Kate's uhm hooking past and even Lucas said at one point that maybe his father was one of her john's or something.....Don't know but clearly if they go that route, the story would be about Lucas more than anything else and as a fan of his, I wouldn't complain about that.

SassyLady
Member Avatar

In one of Ian Buchannon's interviews, he stated that his presence would affect Victor, Brady and Sonny. Did Justin and Adrienne adopt a child-Sonny? Perhaps Sonny is Ian's son???? I thought it was odd that he was mentioned in that interview when I first read it, but............
Edited by SassyLady, Feb 9 2012, 09:47 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Kenny
Feb 8 2012, 11:27 PM
Meanwhile, across town, Stefano finally opens his letter from Alice. The contents of the letter include an unexpected, explosive secret. The news is so disturbing and life-changing that Stefano breaks down in tears...

They're also married?

bdboston

The dead EJ scenario makes sense, in that how else would Alice Horton have access to any kind of damaging information regarding the DiMeras. It's not as if she had been going undercover to get the goods on Stefano all these years (but who knows...!). By having her in on EJ's sickness way back when, she's a natural to know this secret. It actually makes sense. Interesting theory about Alice's bank acount connection...

badaddiction
Member Avatar

But it could also be that because she was in on EJ's medical crisis, she was privy to information as to EJ being the real EJ, but also that through blood test (or what have you), that he is not Stefano's biological son.
Edited by badaddiction, Feb 9 2012, 10:13 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply