Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Shocking Surprises for Stefano and Kate!; 2/21/12 Issues
Topic Started: Feb 8 2012, 11:27 PM (7,468 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Ugh. Not looking forward to Stefano "breaking down in tears" or as it should actually be called, "saying boo hoo over and over."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lysie
Feb 9 2012, 12:20 PM
Ugh. Not looking forward to Stefano "breaking down in tears" or as it should actually be called, "saying boo hoo over and over."
I actually don't mind when Stefano gets emotional...esepcially when it involves something to do with his family, which I think this secret is about.

lysie
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 9 2012, 12:26 PM
lysie
Feb 9 2012, 12:20 PM
I actually don't mind when Stefano gets emotional...esepcially when it involves something to do with his family, which I think this secret is about.
I don't have an issue with him getting emotional in general, but it's definitely not something JM excels at. The man literally says "boo hoo." Maybe he'll be more into this than he has been the last few emotional things.

AidanGreensFan

Liz<3Days
Feb 8 2012, 11:47 PM
Who's EJ's mom? Kate? HELL NO!

It would be great if Ian also knew Marlena! ;)
OMG - EJ and Lucas brothers? I would LOVE that!

Love me some EJ/Lucas...

AidanGreensFan

What is the point of removing EJ from the DiMera family? Not to stir shit, but the one thing I keep coming back to is moving him back into Sami's orbit (romantically) at some point. Doesn't erase all the bad blood between them, but it does open a door.

EJ is a kick ass DiMera - why take it away - what is MarDar's motivation down the line?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

but isn't the entire Dimera/Brady angle what is important to those that like the pairing? Removing that aspect sort of gets of of the Romeo/Juliet feel which IMHO is what enticed many to begin with.....by removing that, they are just like any other pairing in Salem, nothing special about them at that point.

lysie
Member Avatar

AidanGreensFan
Feb 9 2012, 12:56 PM
What is the point of removing EJ from the DiMera family? Not to stir shit, but the one thing I keep coming back to is moving him back into Sami's orbit (romantically) at some point. Doesn't erase all the bad blood between them, but it does open a door.

EJ is a kick ass DiMera - why take it away - what is MarDar's motivation down the line?
I think there's a lot of point, and I couldn't care less who he's paired with. EJ has very little identity outside of his last name. He thinks he can't "do better" because of his last name. He wants his last name to have a better reputation. He loves that his last name carries power. So what happens when that's no longer who he is? I think this could be the catalyst for EJ finally figuring out who the heck he is, and actually it would be a good way to make all the 5 billion incarnations of EJ make sense. Instead of letting his last name dictate who is, EJ could take the opportunity to truly control his own destiny. A change in heritage shouldn't change who he is or how he behaves, but it could give him a chance to truly question who he wants to be.

Alligato
Member Avatar

AidanGreensFan
Not to stir shit, but the one thing I keep coming back to is moving him back into Sami's orbit (romantically) at some point. Doesn't erase all the bad blood between them, but it does open a door.

Not to stir shit either, but what difference would it make if EJ is a McAllister or a Dimera as far as being in Sami's orbit? The Ejami history is already so fucked up, what is a little more shit piled on? If people can get over head shooting and baby kidnapping and first/second hand raping, a little paternity change should be no problem.

Wait, weren't we promised no more Who's the Daddy?

Twilightsucks
Member Avatar

Why does it have to be about who EJ is with? Could it just be about finally giving the character a backstory? Creating conflict with Stefano/EJ/Ian/Kate.

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Feb 9 2012, 01:12 PM
but isn't the entire Dimera/Brady angle what is important to those that like the pairing? Removing that aspect sort of gets of of the Romeo/Juliet feel which IMHO is what enticed many to begin with.....by removing that, they are just like any other pairing in Salem, nothing special about them at that point.
Not to speak for everyone, but imo, one of the main things is the chemistry, which pulled people in back when it was a Brady/Wells thing. The family connection just made it even more enticing. If it turns out that Lucas was the real Dimera heir, you can pretty much guarantee that most (or any really, but you never know) aren't going to quit FL and sign up at 2C lol.

Also, unless there's been some brainwashing going on, EJ is still as much a Dimera as he ever was, no matter what. A good portion of the Dimera children aren't blood Dimeras and that's never mattered before.
Edited by six, Feb 9 2012, 02:47 PM.

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 9 2012, 12:17 PM
Stefano breaks down in tears? OMG must be a big shocker...like one of his children is not his.
I for one am looking forward to this because we never get to see this side to Stefano now I am convinced that this secret has something to do with his family it is going to be a direct gut punch to him.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
#BringonJulexis

no fuckin way!!!kate kisses ian??? get out!!! well,stefano is gonna make her pay for it,once he finds out..hehhe...cant wait!!!
finally state's marriage is bein shake a little...they were becomin dull for awhile...

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

I am thrilled to see something is happening with State because we really have not been seeing to much of them I am glad that there is some excitement coming up for them. I do like them together but I can get with this too some conflict for them. If they survive then they were meant o be. Just like every marriage there are trail and tribulations and now Ian is bringing some for State, if you can manage to get through times of trouble that the marriage is solid.

It looks to me like Ian is the one trying to tempt Kate to kiss him he is trying to tempt her into a kiss does it work, don't know yet. Ian is the one initiating all the flirtation because he wants her back in his life and right now she is pushing away because she cares about Stefano but I wonder if that will last long will she continue resisting Ian's charms? Most times in these cases the answer is no but we will see how solid Kate/Stefano's marriage is after all of this. I know that this will not be the end of Ian's rekindling attempts there will be more. I can see him trying to wear her down and give into it.

Won't be long before Ian and Stefano will cross paths. That I gotta see.
Edited by Virgo Twins, Feb 9 2012, 03:00 PM.

spartan
Member Avatar

six
Feb 9 2012, 02:39 PM
LuvingLumi
Feb 9 2012, 01:12 PM
Not to speak for everyone, but imo, one of the main things is the chemistry, which pulled people in back when it was a Brady/Wells thing. The family connection just made it even more enticing. If it turns out that Lucas was the real Dimera heir, you can pretty much guarantee that most (or any really, but you never know) aren't going to quit FL and sign up at 2C lol.

Also, unless there's been some brainwashing going on, EJ is still as much a Dimera as he ever was, no matter what. A good portion of the Dimera children aren't blood Dimeras and that's never mattered before.
Agreed on all counts.

If this Ian really is EJ's bio father, maybe JS and IB haven't shared too many (if any at all) scenes yet because the truth isn't out. I wonder if Ian blackmails Kate into having an affair with him in order for his silence. She may think (in part) she is protecting Stefano plus she's obviously still drawn to this guy. Stefano already knows about EJ's paternity but Kate will have no idea he knows.

All I know is I want the EJ/Stefano relationship in tact. Blood or no blood, EJ was raised and groomed by Stefano. Nature doesn't negate nurture. I want EJ to reject his bio father and embrace his Dimera roots more than ever. It could be a good soapy story if done right.

I always wanted EJ's backstory told. Now that it looks like it's here, I'm scared shitless of what the writers have planned.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

jtsahottie
Feb 8 2012, 11:41 PM
EJ not a Dimera.??? :scared: .. he's nothing now.:lol:
That would not be a twist but a tragedy!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

AidanGreensFan
I am sick to death of EJ being the center of the DiMera universe. Ever since he came on the other DiMera characters had to take a backseat or prop him. Stefano, Lexie, Tony, Andre, Anna, Benjy, Celeste. They have all been victims just because TPTB are so desperate to make the character of EJ work. I'm sure the same thing would happen to Kristen and Peter if they ever came back. I would be very happy if it's revealed that EJ is not a DiMera.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I dont think EJ not being a DiMera will change him. He's supposedly going to be in a worse or on par family as the DiMeras. It doesnt matter to me...EJ is still the guy who Sami shot in the head.

Although I feel I would miss JS and JM scenes, this could be a good story.

AidanGreensFan

Sindacco
Feb 9 2012, 05:53 PM
AidanGreensFan
I am sick to death of EJ being the center of the DiMera universe. Ever since he came on the other DiMera characters had to take a backseat or prop him. Stefano, Lexie, Tony, Andre, Anna, Benjy, Celeste. They have all been victims just because TPTB are so desperate to make the character of EJ work. I'm sure the same thing would happen to Kristen and Peter if they ever came back. I would be very happy if it's revealed that EJ is not a DiMera.
Benjy? Seriously? He was a total prop to the Kayla is deaf story. I always thought that story was a v. weak link. although the little boy that played Benji was adorable. He was a pull it out of your ass Dimera - like Chad. Lexie is a latecomer in the DiMera game. Anna is a DiMera by marriage and Celeste was a mistress.

The only one I agree on is Tony. He has consistenly been screwed by the recent cadre of PTB/writers.

Albatros

I can't follow all these stories between Ian, EJ, Kate and Stefano and so on...

esp13
Member Avatar

AidanGreensFan
Feb 9 2012, 06:29 PM
Sindacco
Feb 9 2012, 05:53 PM
AidanGreensFan
Benjy? Seriously? He was a total prop to the Kayla is deaf story. I always thought that story was a v. weak link. although the little boy that played Benji was adorable. He was a pull it out of your ass Dimera - like Chad. Lexie is a latecomer in the DiMera game. Anna is a DiMera by marriage and Celeste was a mistress.

The only one I agree on is Tony. He has consistenly been screwed by the recent cadre of PTB/writers.

Benjy didn't even show up until Kayla had her hearing back, so I don't know how he was a prop to the Kayla is deaf story. Benjy's actual storyline totally revolved around them figuring out who his father was and ultimately finding out it was Stefano.

In any case, I'm guessing the reference was to Benjy's return and demise in 2006-2007.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply