Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Revolution continues a downward spiral!
Topic Started: Feb 9 2012, 07:15 PM (2,622 Views)
talbab1994
Member Avatar

ABC’s The Revolution Continues to Spiral Downward

by Marc Berman Mon February 9, 2012 in Highlights with 18 Comments

The scenario continues to worsen. Based on the Live Plus Same Day ratings from Nielsen for the week of January 30, week three of ABC daytime talk show The Revolution dipped to 1.44 million viewers, which is now half the audience of year-ago occupant One Life to Live (2.85 million viewers for the week of 1/31/11). Erosion in the three key demos — women 25-54, women 18-49 and women 18-34 — is also 50 percent as illustrated.

One Life to Live – Week of 1/24/11
Viewers: 2.85 million, Women 25-54: 1.4/ 8, Women 18-49: 1.0/ 6, Women 18-34: 0.6/ 3

The Revolution – Week of 1/23/12
Viewers: 1.44 million, Women 25-54: 0.7/ 4, Women 18-49: 0.5/ 3, Women 18-34: 0.3/ 2

The Revolution continues to trail The Talk on CBS and recent entry The Chew on ABC by considerable percentages as follows:

-Total Viewers:
The Talk (CBS): 2.31 million, The Chew (ABC): 2.23, The Revolution (ABC): 1.44

-Women 25-54:
The Talk (CBS): 1.1/ 7, The Chew (ABC): 1.0/ 6, The Revolution (ABC): 0.7/ 4

-Women 18-49:
The Talk (CBS): 0.9/ 6, The Chew (ABC): 0.8/ 5, The Revolution (ABC): 0.5/ 3

-Women 18-34:
The Talk (CBS): 0.6/ 4, The Chew (ABC): 0.5/ 4, The Revolution (ABC): 0.3/ 2

And The Revolution is down from its already DOA week one delivery as follows:

The Revolution (ABC)

Week of 01/16/12
Total Viewers: 1.68 million, Women 25-54: 0.8/ 4, Women 18-49: 0.6/ 3, Women 18-34: 0.3/ 2

Week of 01/30/12
Total Viewers: 1.44 million, Women 25-54: 0.7/ 4, Women 18-49: 0.5/ 3, Women 18-34: 0.3/ 2

Percent Change:
Total Viewers: -14, Women 25-54: -12, Women 18-49: -17, Women 18-34: no change

Three weeks to-date and The Revolution on ABC is turning into one of the biggest failures in the history of daytime. As for The Chew versus year-ago occupant All My Children, the losses this week are 16 percent in total viewers (2.65 to 2.23 million), 23 percent in women 25-54 (1.3/ 7 to 1.0/ 6) and 11 percent in women 18-49 (0.9/ 5 to 0.8/ 5). Results among women 18-34 are flat.

This week’s moral of the story: talk is cheap, but the audience is more valuable.

by marcberman on February 9, 2012 in Highlights with 18 Comments

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2012/02/abc%E2%80%99s-the-revolution-continues-to-spiral-downward/

Edited by talbab1994, Feb 9 2012, 07:39 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Good...nothing makes my smile more than this news!

SUCK IT ABC!!

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I really hope that GH will increase in ratings despite this crappy show. That would be sweet!!

blueskies
Member Avatar

Sadly the Chew is prob considered a success by ABC, but I don't see HOW they could possibly say the same thing abt this pos. Lmao, I just love watching this show crash and burn. Awesome.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Fantastic! Very marvelous news. I hope they dip more...

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Well gee, that's a shame. I thought there were all these demographically-desirable people out there looking for television shows to edutain them. Where are they? Maybe they just don't know that The Revolution has started.

I only hope that if it comes down to it they flat-out cancel the show instead of retooling/revamping it.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I hope it continues to decrease. I love it!

Graham
Member Avatar

Sweet revenge.

am103
Member Avatar

Excellent! I hope the people at ABC all feel like assholes. OLTL was fantastic.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Good! They deserve it! :flipoff:

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

They made a huge mistake putting this POS crap on the air when they had a show getting double the ratings in that slot. The advertisers must be fuming - the ones who were stupid enough to buy airtime during Revolution and the ones who bought during GH too.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The show was a trainwreck before it even aired. There was already reports of how they had to retool it and how they were struggling with how to bring it all together. It wasn't testing well at all, which begs the question...why air it?

At least The Chew had it's shit together before they aired it and (like it or not) that is why it's holding up. This was a disaster from the get go. They should've at least made sure they had a show that tested well and was ready to go before replacing OLTL, which had all the momentum in the world at the time. Then again, I'm convinced ABC wants out of soaps so bad they don't care how bad the shows they replace the soaps with fail. They will just keep churning out replacements because they will figure they are still cheaper and lower risk, higher reward kind of deals. They just want out of soaps. Period.

Marlene

talbab1994
Feb 9 2012, 07:15 PM

by Marc Berman Mon February 9, 2012 in Highlights with 18 Comments

Three weeks to-date and The Revolution on ABC is turning into one of the biggest failures in the history of daytime. This week’s moral of the story: talk is cheap, but the audience is more valuable.

by marcberman on February 9, 2012 in Highlights with 18 Comments

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2012/02/abc%E2%80%99s-the-revolution-continues-to-spiral-downward/

The bolded was my favorite part of this article. Thanks for posting.

RoseVioletDaisy
Member Avatar

It doesn't matter what happens to this show, OLTL is never coming back. The only thing it's failure might do is give GH an extra year. Even that won't happen unless GH can get it's horrid numbers up, otherwise, The Revolution will just get replaced in September with something even cheaper. Remember, the cheaper a show is the less important the ratings are.

Mason
Member Avatar

RoseVioletDaisy
Feb 10 2012, 04:26 PM
It doesn't matter what happens to this show, OLTL is never coming back.
Well, obviously. We can still take joy in its miserable performance, however.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

RoseVioletDaisy
Feb 10 2012, 04:26 PM
It doesn't matter what happens to this show, OLTL is never coming back. The only thing it's failure might do is give GH an extra year. Even that won't happen unless GH can get it's horrid numbers up, otherwise, The Revolution will just get replaced in September with something even cheaper. Remember, the cheaper a show is the less important the ratings are.
And it's a DAMN shame is what it is.

Lumi_are_true_love

I like Ty Pennighton but I prefer that ABC put him back on the show he was on before when he gave back to people by helping build houses that was my favorite show with him on it how come ABC hasn't gone back to that show or maybe they have and I haven't seen it but that was my favorite show with him on was when he was building houses with his the rest of the crew I don't watch the Revolution and would rather see Ty be back on primetime and seen ABC bring Ty back into the fold of building houses and homes for I loved that show and think hes an awesome leader and host on that show too so I'm kind of hoping that ABC brings back that show on primetime if its already not back on primetime already with Ty Pennighton hosting that show. I do like Ty Pennighton its just that the reveloution isn't really my cup of tea and I find it extreme boring along with The Chew.

Alin89
Member Avatar

Lumi_are_true_love
Feb 13 2012, 02:29 AM
I like Ty Pennighton but I prefer that ABC put him back on the show he was on before when he gave back to people by helping build houses that was my favorite show with him on it how come ABC hasn't gone back to that show or maybe they have and I haven't seen it but that was my favorite show with him on was when he was building houses with his the rest of the crew I don't watch the Revolution and would rather see Ty be back on primetime and seen ABC bring Ty back into the fold of building houses and homes for I loved that show and think hes an awesome leader and host on that show too so I'm kind of hoping that ABC brings back that show on primetime if its already not back on primetime already with Ty Pennighton hosting that show. I do like Ty Pennighton its just that the reveloution isn't really my cup of tea and I find it extreme boring along with The Chew.
they cancelled his show.

Vetting4fun

am103
Feb 9 2012, 09:14 PM
Excellent! I hope the people at ABC all feel like assholes. OLTL was fantastic.
I wasn't an AMC fan but recently came back to OLTL. I won't watch the chew or the revolution simpy because they cancelled 2 popular and long standing soaps. Plus who needs another cooking show.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

With luck, this will buy GH another year. There's an opening now for them and Katie Couric now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply