Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soapnet to go dark in March
Topic Started: Jan 9 2012, 05:47 PM (1,082 Views)
dooldooldool

Mitchapalooza
Jan 23 2012, 02:05 PM
This sucks for Sony/Corday Productions...that is a good chunk of money they no longer will receiving from SoapNet/Disney for DAYS broadcasting rights...not to mention Corday Productions also will be losing its portion of the Y&R broadcasting rights as well.
Wouldn't Sony (and Corday) continue to be paid the rights fees until their contract ends? I don't recall the contract timeframe, but just because the rights-holder opts not to show the program doesn't mean their contract is invalidated.

Now, if the contract has ended, that's another story.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Just wondering if anyone can update me on what the status is of SoapNet going off the air and whether DAYS will be airing until the end.

Also, I was watching Bravo tonight and noticed that they had a random repeat of NBC's "Smash" on at midnight/11 central. Was thinking that after DAYS stops airing on SoapNet that Bravo could easily make time on its schedule for either a nightly DAYS repeat at say like 2 a.m. or maybe a DAYS marathon block sometime on their weekend schedule.

I certainly wouldn't expect a DAYS repeat to find itself in some prime air time, but given how much of the network's schedule is repeats over and over they certainly could make room for it.

What do you guys think?

Tom

Sounds like a good idea!

Alin89
Member Avatar

i like that idea.

Safensane

I would completely agree with that. I have been considering asking the TPTB to air it on NBC late night also, but never considered the Bravo channel. We constantly have interruptions on NBC at 1:00. Great idea to air on Bravo!

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Bremol
Jan 18 2012, 07:46 PM
Too bad Turner can't buy it and turn it into Turner Classic Soaps.

I don't understand why someone doesn't know the thirst for classic soaps is still out there. Excellent idea.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply