Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: January 30th - February 3rd; DAYS Hits New Low in Women 18-49 Viewers
Topic Started: Feb 10 2012, 07:40 PM (1,882 Views)
OldDaysFankat

I find it interesting that Days keeps getting excuse after excuse. Just maybe the general audience doesn't think these stories or the canvas of characters are oh so interesting.I know I don't. Practically every male is a carbon copy of each other. They haven't turned EJ for example into a grey character they have completely deballed him. Nicoles charm and insecurities, part of what made her rootable is gone. She doesn't come across smart or wanting to know anything due to insecurity it just comes across like shes nosy. Carries charm completely escapes me, Austin eh,Madison has a husband whoopee. And Bope and Jarlena in another nostalgiafest? Snooze. Why should longtime viewers care about any of this when the first time these stories were told they were actually engaging.Maybe just maybe online doesn't speak for the general audience. Will/EJ was actually interesting but this show has no guts. Now that might have been fascinating.If I actually cared about Carrie and Austin I might like the Abby element more . I said and I stand by it Days lost its personality.

I do think ratings always have external factors that play into them. Weather, preemptions, counterprogramming but while weather could be an excuse, it hasn't hurt B&B or Y&R. OLTL saw its strongest rating period last year in July and August. As for renewals who knows. Days was renewed last time when Jeff Zucker was on his way out so we won't ever know the real reasons behind it.

I do hope the show can get some positive buzz going. They had some with Will's story that has now seemed to fizzle.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Days has no heat. Nothing to see here and people have and will continue to "move along". Days revisiting John/Gina(hope) is a classic example of how Days refuses to get creative and do new things anymore. They want to keep retelling the same stories and reliving the past. Boring with a capital B.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Seriously. You can't keep revisiting the 90's and expect people to care. They brought back J/M, and instead of using them in a new, upbeat, storyline, they put them right back into a story with Bo and Hope from 15/20 years ago that wasn't well received then. Why do that? It isn't the 90's; people are not the same and neither is TV.

There is so much else to watch on TV that if you don't give the audience something new and entertaining, they will just keep on going past your show. As it is, in my area, anyway, Days is in competition with Y and R and B and B which are both doing well. They need to give the audience something better than is what on the screen now to bring in new viewers and bring back the old ones that they lost.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Anyone know what pre-empted Days the 31st? I noticed GH had a similar
Drop-off on Tuesday. For me Days has gotten better the past few weeks
While I don't care much for the stories at least things are happening !

rockchic
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 10 2012, 08:04 PM
DAYS was pre-empted in some markets on Tuesday...could have been why it dropped.
I know that they were pre-empted for the giants parade on Tuesday the 7th, but why were they pre-empted on the previous Tuesday?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply