Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bren Foster out!
Topic Started: Feb 15 2012, 08:50 AM (8,225 Views)
rosered

tomsawyer
Feb 15 2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:

BrenFosterReal
@maribeth_mcgin no i'm no longer with Days. My career path has moved in a different direction and has me extremely busy

https://twitter.com/#!/BrenFosterReal/status/169268979376984065
13 Feb
Wow not surprised by this. SOunds like he hasn't worked at DAYS for awhile, I was wonder ing no one has tweeted or mentioned him in awhile, wonder if he left on his own to pursue other things.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

pspcindy
Feb 15 2012, 10:31 AM
I'm not surprised at all. The character of Quinn was all over the place. There was never a clear vision or path for him.

BF was brought back, I think, as a hedge against James Scott leaving. The talks regarding James' contract broke down and it looked grim. The show still needed a man in that age group and one that could possibly be a villain. But James re-signed and Quinn became superfluous. BF was not disliked but the character was not setting the world on fire. He was an easy one to eliminate and pare down the bloated cast just a bit.

Glad to hear he got other work. Some actors are not so lucky.
I'll bet you're right, Cindy - he was insurance in the event they couldn't get JS to stay. Once he did it would seem they lost interest in the character of Quinn again. It's a shame for the actor - I think he's quite good. But the reinvention (in a few weeks) of going from the pimp that nearly got Chloe killed to working out and being buddy with her two exes was jarring, to say the least.

As others have said, I'm curious to see what will happen with the spa set. Perhaps it will be folded into the cosmetics offices somehow and everyone will forget it was ever a spa?

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I bet he just goes back to mummy and we get no "Who dun it?" out of it. Just looks like another dropped SL.

I dont mind DAYS turning that set into a gym...eye candy!

lastDays
Member Avatar

alex
Feb 15 2012, 09:29 AM
Is anybody surprised? They barely gave him airtime!
Whichproved his character was unneccessary.I don't think they knew what to do with him.TIIC Should have gotten a clue the first time around.

DaysPossessed
Member Avatar

I wonder if it had anything to do with not being able to re-sign Nadia.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

DaysPossessed
Feb 15 2012, 10:57 AM
I doubt it. It seems like he's been gone from Days for a while.

Helpless Romantic

LanaluvsBroe
Feb 15 2012, 11:03 AM
DaysPossessed
I doubt it. It seems like he's been gone from Days for a while.
Meh I could careless considering they have him lusting after Melame. Good riddance.

rosered

DaysPossessed
No I donít think so it sounds like heís been out of DAYS for awhile, but word of it is just coming out now, He already is doing other projects . NB was just recently asked back for a big story.
Donít think it involved Quinn, he was never a major character.

oryfan
Member Avatar

About time. It was pointless to bring him back anyway.

Ellie

rosered
Feb 15 2012, 11:28 AM
DaysPossessed
No I donít think so it sounds like heís been out of DAYS for awhile, but word of it is just coming out now, He already is doing other projects . NB was just recently asked back for a big story.
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. We just heard that Nadia isn't coming back, which means they'd probably been negotiating for a while. In fact, we've been hearing almost since she left that there was a possibility of her returning. As for Bren, I agree it doesn't sound like yesterday was his last day or anything, but that doesn't mean he's been gone for 2 months either. I think he really could have been planned for a Nadia story... right now we have no reason to think that's not the case.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Ellie
Feb 15 2012, 11:37 AM
rosered
DaysPossessed
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. We just heard that Nadia isn't coming back, which means they'd probably been negotiating for a while. In fact, we've been hearing almost since she left that there was a possibility of her returning. As for Bren, I agree it doesn't sound like yesterday was his last day or anything, but that doesn't mean he's been gone for 2 months either. I think he really could have been planned for a Nadia story... right now we have no reason to think that's not the case.
It makes no sense to pair Chloe with Quinn. He was her pimp for pete's sake. Plus they had him lusting after Melanie.

Ellie

LanaluvsBroe
Feb 15 2012, 11:44 AM
Ellie
Feb 15 2012, 11:37 AM
rosered
DaysPossessed
It makes no sense to pair Chloe with Quinn. He was her pimp for pete's sake. Plus they had him lusting after Melanie.
I didn't say romantically... I just meant in a story together. If they were structuring a story around Nadia (highly plausible), maybe they wanted him in it. It's just a theory, but my point is that the timing would line up. I think the idea of him as "JS insurance" is also a good theory, or it could be the EP change.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

1 down, 4 to go (MB/SC/GG/CD)!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 15 2012, 11:54 AM.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 15 2012, 11:52 AM

1 down, 4 to go (MB/SC/GG/CD)!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Who is CD?

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I know Quinn has never been a huge part of the show, but I can't help but feel bad for Bren Foster! He really seemed like a decent guy! :( It's a shame the show was never able to give him something good to work with - he wasn't a bad actor!

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

alex
Feb 15 2012, 12:08 PM
Mitchapalooza
Feb 15 2012, 11:52 AM

Who is CD?
Casey Deidrick (Chad), I assume.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I never understood the purpose of bringing him back in the first place.

Sayonara Quinn.

tiki_girl
Member Avatar

Does this mean no more topless, freshly oiled beefcake kickboxing scenes? Oh darn.
(just kidding, I won't even notice he's gone)

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Eh, I'm not losing sleep over it. I barely remembered he was on. when he was on he was basically furniture in my eyes. It looks like he isn't losing sleep over it either because he has other things in the works.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sariah
Feb 15 2012, 10:35 AM
I won't be sad to see Quinn go. He was unnecessary from his first introduction and I could never understand why they would let him go, and then rehire him. He's a pointless, useless character.

It makes me wonder if he was let go because they had planned to bring Chloe back for him to give him a story, and with Nadia saying no, they really had no use for him. If so, I'm glad. I don't want Quinn and Chloe ever revisited.

Assuming he hasn't been gone for very long (clearly from his tweet, it seems he is gone), I think that is the case. Recently, you even had that scene between Brady and Quinn that talked about Chloe after his involvement with her had pretty much been ignored since his return. That seemed like a story anvil. I think they were going to be involved together and that is why the show brought him back. They wanted to redeem him first in case they wanted to pair them romantically. It was clear during his redemption they were chemistry testing him too. They had him in random scenes with Melanie, Gabi, Abigail (he was even with Kate Mansi during the Day of Days doing interviews), and also threw him at others like Nicole, Madison, and Kate. I actually think MarDar probably fought to keep him because they talked about him quite a bit in their early previews. I think what happened was they always felt they would bring Nadia back as Chloe (hence all the talk of her possible return since she left) and they came up with a story involving Quinn so they decided to rest his character for a month, bring him back and slowly redeem him and ease him back into the canvas while also seeing if they could strike gold with his chemistry with other female characters. I'm guessing maybe we may see some Quinn/Billie scenes in March as possibly one more bit of chemistry testing and maybe that combined with the fact their planned story involving Chloe now has to be shelved because talks with Nadia broke down was the final straw. The show clearly needs to clear space and his character became even more expendable once Nadia said no and given he hadn't caught on with anyone else.

Now, given his lack of airtime with Days, I think he was probably already working on a number of projects so that made it easier for when he was let go. They were probably ok with it too knowing full well they wouldn't use him heavily until Nadia returned unless he caught on with someone else. That is why I don't think him already being so busy means he's been gone for awhile. If he had been gone for awhile, I think the news may have leaked out before now. I'm thinking it's been a week or two at most since he was let go.

Clearly, based on spoilers for next week, his story was about to pick up so I'm guessing this may be the setup for whatever story he was going to be involved in with Chloe, assuming that was the case. We'll see if anything is noticeable. Who knows. They may do what they've done with the Jack/Jennifer/Daniel story and toss a bunch of scenes in the trash can now because he's leaving and Chloe isn't coming. Clearly, they had to write in an exit and change gears. It will be interesting to see what kind of exit he gets. Is this the start of the rumored murder mystery? Or, will he just go off to be with his mother? Also, what happens to the spa? I like the set but I would just assumed have the hospital set back or make it into something else.

I liked Bren alot. It's a shame he was wasted. He did work much better as a shady character. They really should've went with the spa being a cover for some sort of scheme.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply