Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bren Foster out!
Topic Started: Feb 15 2012, 08:50 AM (8,389 Views)
JackN'Jen
Member Avatar

AWOOHOO!!! :cheer: :wave:
1 down, 4 to go!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

See how long it takes for MarDar to correct mistakes they make...fan reaction totally is the reason this guy was let go and since they tape almost 4 months in advance now, that is how long it takes for things to fucking happen.

Mason
Member Avatar

I actually doubt fan reaction had much to do with it. The cast is getting too large and Quinn is the most easily expendable character on the show. Not to mention it sounds like they didn't have a clue what to do with him anyway. He'd be the obvious choice to go first.

Evan
Member Avatar

Maybe Quinn will be the first victim of the rumored serial killer SL?

blueskies
Member Avatar

I like Casey, I don't want to lose him. I like GG but even I'm willing to admit a Rafe death story would be some good drama esp with Lucas coming back.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I think Casey might be one of the safest people on the entire show. He's the only straight male in his age group. They're adding Abby's boyfriend, but they can't scrap that age range completely so he is probably as safe as possible.

mandadawn
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 15 2012, 06:33 PM
I think Casey might be one of the safest people on the entire show. He's the only straight male in his age group. They're adding Abby's boyfriend, but they can't scrap that age range completely so he is probably as safe as possible.
I started laughing after you pointed this out. A year ago, we would never have mentioned the lack of heterosexual males on Days...now, not so much. Not that I am against that. I love me some WILSON!!! :wub:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I'm supposing Melanie will become businesswoman extraordinaire and find the funds to buy the spa. You know Grandma has money...

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

mandadawn
Feb 15 2012, 06:48 PM
DiMeraFan67
Feb 15 2012, 06:33 PM
I started laughing after you pointed this out. A year ago, we would never have mentioned the lack of heterosexual males on Days...now, not so much. Not that I am against that. I love me some WILSON!!! :wub:
haha its true. The only time in DAYS history that you could say something like that. I didn't mean it as a negative. A true gay storyline on DAYS has been a long time coming, but its just a fact that they are lacking straight guys. I don't want DAYS to become overrun by the younger cast, but they severely limited in what they can do. Melanie and Chad pretty much can't break up. If they do Chad goes to Gabi and Melanie goes nowhere? We all know that isn't happening. Even if Melanie left then it could only be Chad and Gabi. Its very generic times for that age group.

WowItsJustine
Member Avatar

Eh goodbye .Doesn't really matter to me in the long run as he was barely ever on to begin with.I think the dumb idea was bringing him back in the first place if they had no plans for his character.And it sure seems like they didn't.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

LuvingLumi
Feb 15 2012, 02:15 PM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 15 2012, 12:30 PM
Sariah
Feb 15 2012, 10:35 AM
I won't be sad to see Quinn go. He was unnecessary from his first introduction and I could never understand why they would let him go, and then rehire him. He's a pointless, useless character.

It makes me wonder if he was let go because they had planned to bring Chloe back for him to give him a story, and with Nadia saying no, they really had no use for him. If so, I'm glad. I don't want Quinn and Chloe ever revisited.

Assuming he hasn't been gone for very long (clearly from his tweet, it seems he is gone), I think that is the case. Recently, you even had that scene between Brady and Quinn that talked about Chloe after his involvement with her had pretty much been ignored since his return. That seemed like a story anvil. I think they were going to be involved together and that is why the show brought him back. They wanted to redeem him first in case they wanted to pair them romantically. It was clear during his redemption they were chemistry testing him too. They had him in random scenes with Melanie, Gabi, Abigail (he was even with Kate Mansi during the Day of Days doing interviews), and also threw him at others like Nicole, Madison, and Kate. I actually think MarDar probably fought to keep him because they talked about him quite a bit in their early previews. I think what happened was they always felt they would bring Nadia back as Chloe (hence all the talk of her possible return since she left) and they came up with a story involving Quinn so they decided to rest his character for a month, bring him back and slowly redeem him and ease him back into the canvas while also seeing if they could strike gold with his chemistry with other female characters. I'm guessing maybe we may see some Quinn/Billie scenes in March as possibly one more bit of chemistry testing and maybe that combined with the fact their planned story involving Chloe now has to be shelved because talks with Nadia broke down was the final straw. The show clearly needs to clear space and his character became even more expendable once Nadia said no and given he hadn't caught on with anyone else.

Now, given his lack of airtime with Days, I think he was probably already working on a number of projects so that made it easier for when he was let go. They were probably ok with it too knowing full well they wouldn't use him heavily until Nadia returned unless he caught on with someone else. That is why I don't think him already being so busy means he's been gone for awhile. If he had been gone for awhile, I think the news may have leaked out before now. I'm thinking it's been a week or two at most since he was let go.

Clearly, based on spoilers for next week, his story was about to pick up so I'm guessing this may be the setup for whatever story he was going to be involved in with Chloe, assuming that was the case. We'll see if anything is noticeable. Who knows. They may do what they've done with the Jack/Jennifer/Daniel story and toss a bunch of scenes in the trash can now because he's leaving and Chloe isn't coming. Clearly, they had to write in an exit and change gears. It will be interesting to see what kind of exit he gets. Is this the start of the rumored murder mystery? Or, will he just go off to be with his mother? Also, what happens to the spa? I like the set but I would just assumed have the hospital set back or make it into something else.

I liked Bren alot. It's a shame he was wasted. He did work much better as a shady character. They really should've went with the spa being a cover for some sort of scheme.
I wonder if Days insisted to Nadia that the idea was to put her character in story with Quinn, but she thought it was a bad idea and declined the offer.
I think on her end it was about story (not necessarily the who she would be involved in but what they plan to do with her character) and also about being able to do other things aside from Days. She probably wanted to make sure she wouldn't be ruined again like during her last stint.

rockchic
Member Avatar

He had potential as a solid background player, but it just went all wrong (both times). I wish Bren luck. I'll miss his accent. I won't miss the spa however and I hope someone burns it to the ground.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

I'll miss the accent & the eye candy, but oh well. Good luck Bren with whatever you are doing now!

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Who did'nt see this coming? I have to laugh at the extremely busy part, seriously? :eyeroll:

Sindacco
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Feb 17 2012, 11:58 AM
Who did'nt see this coming? I have to laugh at the extremely busy part, seriously? :eyeroll:
Why? It's no secret Bren is busy with other stuff. Even when he was still on DAYS he was doing other projects.He trains people at his material arts club and he shot some action film with Seagal this winter. I think Bren is in a better position than many other actors that are fired from soaps. He can always get parts in action movies and even if he doesn't get any he still has his material arts work.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Feb 17 2012, 12:16 PM
JamesScott_19
Why? It's no secret Bren is busy with other stuff. Even when he was still on DAYS he was doing other projects.He trains people at his material arts club and he shot some action film with Seagal this winter. I think Bren is in a better position than many other actors that are fired from soaps. He can always get parts in action movies and even if he doesn't get any he still has his material arts work.
Yes, Bren Foster is in a better position. He's quite good, he was on National Geographic Fight Science.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

:wave:

dooldooldool

If you look at the last 30 years of DOOL, nearly every DOOL murder mystery has a few random victims that don't always fit the storyline or mislead the other Salemites. The best thing about this is that it could bring Viv back to Salem to seek some sort of revenge.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Sindacco
JamesScott_19
I know about the actor being busy, I just don't feel why he needed to add that in the interview.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Feb 18 2012, 12:20 AM
Sindacco
JamesScott_19
I know about the actor being busy, I just don't feel why he needed to add that in the interview.
What interview?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply