Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor: One World Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 16 2012, 12:07 AM (5,598 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar

Pretty good first episode.

The Women: I love Sabrina, Chelsea, Kim & Christina. I can't stand Alicia. Girl, needs to shut it. I'm glad Christina told her to shut the hell up.

The Men: I'm a little bias with Colton since I know him. I don't think he's playing the smartest game though. He should try to fit in a bit more. But I'm glad he has the idol. The alliance of the 4 young men are annoying as hell. They're all douches.

Not to sad to see Kourtney go.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I like the cast as well. Tarzan and Troyzan are obnoxious as well. I like Leif and Jonas. Colton is alright. He's going to get old quick unless he suddenly becomes clever, but he's playing a stupid game right now. Jay is alright. Michael and Matt are hot, at least they have that going for them, LOL, because both are douchebags, but I don't totally hate them. Bill was ignored.

I love Chelsea and Kim, from the little we saw of them. I like all of the women, really. Alicia will get annoying very quick. Chelsea, Kim, Alicia, Kat, Sabrina isn't a bad alliance. I thought Kourtney was pretty cute, sucks she broke something and had to be removed. That would suck so much.

I think this season has mega potential. I'm excited. I'm just worried the men vs. women thing will be over too soon, like most of the twists in recent years, and unlike past seasons in men vs. women. I like the rivalry this year, I want to see it last for a while and go back and forth.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

I like Kim and Kristina so far.

ITA with you about Alicia. Not only was she pounding around like she owned the beach, but she's extremely too mouthy. Tribal was dumb. Alicia wasn't even there for the "bargaining" portion of Kristina's deal with the men, so she doesn't know what went down... but yet, she spoke like she witnessed it all.

The men are all assholes. Ugh. Hate them all so far. I might like Jonas, Jay and Leif... but only time will tell.

Nina's face? OUCH. I can tell already I'm not gonna like her.

WTF is so hard for people to understand about "arms to your chest, fall on your back"????!! These people are morons.

And then LMAO at Kourtney's goodbye message at the end of the episode. Saying she hopes that her son sees "what a strong woman I am".... Ummmm, you mean how you don't listen to directions and you end up injuring yourself because you're too damn hard headed to listen to anyone?!

Rolled my eyes at the men taking immunity. What a bitch move. (And to think... it all started because that jackass decided to take everything the women stripped from the truck.)

Rolled my eyes at Colton the whole time. Can't stand him. He isn't even trying to fit in and insists on pow-wow'ing with the girls (putting an even bigger target on his back) or sitting while everyone works (same thing) or flapping his jaws about he doesn't fit in.

Ya know, I get that it's Survivor and you have to look out for yourself... but it wouldn't kill you to show a little common courtesy.

Surprised TPTB didn't focus on the shelter building this episode. They showed a tiny portion of it, but most of the time, the 1st episode has a big chunk of time dedicated to the tribe building shelter and revealing the dynamics of the tribe members.

PS- It's not that impressive for someone to catch 2 chickens. It's rather easy if you know what you're doing.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Based on the editing, I have a feeling the Women will dominate the end game. All the little hints about the Guy's moves possibly coming back to haunt them.

King
Member Avatar

Best premiere in I don't even know how long!!!

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Dusty
Feb 16 2012, 04:38 AM
I like Kim and Kristina so far.

ITA with you about Alicia. Not only was she pounding around like she owned the beach, but she's extremely too mouthy. Tribal was dumb. Alicia wasn't even there for the "bargaining" portion of Kristina's deal with the men, so she doesn't know what went down... but yet, she spoke like she witnessed it all.

The men are all assholes. Ugh. Hate them all so far. I might like Jonas, Jay and Leif... but only time will tell.

Nina's face? OUCH. I can tell already I'm not gonna like her.

WTF is so hard for people to understand about "arms to your chest, fall on your back"????!! These people are morons.

And then LMAO at Kourtney's goodbye message at the end of the episode. Saying she hopes that her son sees "what a strong woman I am".... Ummmm, you mean how you don't listen to directions and you end up injuring yourself because you're too damn hard headed to listen to anyone?!

Rolled my eyes at the men taking immunity. What a bitch move. (And to think... it all started because that jackass decided to take everything the women stripped from the truck.)

Rolled my eyes at Colton the whole time. Can't stand him. He isn't even trying to fit in and insists on pow-wow'ing with the girls (putting an even bigger target on his back) or sitting while everyone works (same thing) or flapping his jaws about he doesn't fit in.

Ya know, I get that it's Survivor and you have to look out for yourself... but it wouldn't kill you to show a little common courtesy.

Surprised TPTB didn't focus on the shelter building this episode. They showed a tiny portion of it, but most of the time, the 1st episode has a big chunk of time dedicated to the tribe building shelter and revealing the dynamics of the tribe members.

PS- It's not that impressive for someone to catch 2 chickens. It's rather easy if you know what you're doing.

Add me to the camp who is already not liking Alicia. Hopefully she doesn't last long. Her outburst at tribal served no purpose other than for her to get the attention she wanted. I was kind of hoping Kourtney was ok and they'd vote Alicia's ass off.

I like Sabrina, and I think Colton's a nice enough guy but I don't know if giving him the idol was the best move. It'll be interesting to see how long he lasts and if this has any major impact on the game.

Wasn't surprised in the least in the way both teams acted once they made camp. I'm sure they'll be more talking/strategy between the two camps by the end of next episode.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I agree Mike. It was a great premiere.

I get good feelings about the women. They came off looking much better than the guys and there was much more development with them. The guys. Meh. I expect annoying, full of himself Colton to probably ruin the mens game until he's backstabbed.

I'm hopeful the tribes stay divided all the way through to the merge. I don't know that I want a swap, but I'm sure there's gonna be one.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i dont like colton he is very annoying. but overall its the survivor i knoe and love.

Layla
Member Avatar

^LOL, I like Colton! I can see why some people find him annoying, but I think he's funny.

Add my name to the "Hate Alicia" list. She reminds me of Corinne, except not nearly as funny as she is.

I agree with Dusty re: the men being assholes. Like, who the hell steals an ax from the women's pile of stuff? Ugh. Matt is the worst. What a misogynistic douche that guy is!

My favorites so far are Sabrina and Chelsea. Who is Kim again? I feel like I should remember her, but I don't, LOL. Sorry, but Kourtney annoyed me when she first showed up with that idiotic hat. I was glad she left!

I don't want to sound mean, but what the hell happened to one of the women's face (Nina was her name...?)?

Good premiere.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

^^I commented on her face, too. It happened during the challenge (I think Jeff even narrated that it had happened). Apparently, no one listened to Jeff when he was telling them how to jump on the net. (WTF is SO hard to grasp about arms to chest/lay on your back????!!!) Sheez.

This is Kim.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Layla
Member Avatar

^LOL, still though, how did she fuck up her face like that? Did she like land on it?
I don't think she and Kourtney didn't understand the concept of lying on your back with your arms across your chest or that they weren't paying attention. All the pressure and nervousness got to them and they probably just forgot. It happens to me all the time. :shrug:

And thanks for the picture. I remember her now, and I agree with y'all, I like her too.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I agree the premiere was actually good, I love that everyone is in the same camp! Much easier to follow and get into. I wonder whose going to pork? LOL.

Already hating that vapid Alicia bitch. I LOVED Christina telling her to shut up. That girl needs to be checked and decked!

LOL. I really want to like Colton but so far I mostly find him annoying. I hope he does get revenge on all those guys, especially that extra douchey one Matt. UGH

And omg. I really think the Survivor editors saw my posts here at DR and decided to not put anymore shots of spiders in the episodes. There was none last season or in the latest premiere ep. Keep it up, guys :) :) :) ;)

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Layla, yes.. she landed on her face. What did you think I meant by "she did a faceplant during the challenge"? :P

And if you go back and watch, NO ONE did like Jeff said during the challenge. LOL! That's why he kept repeating the directions he had given!

Allmydays, I think the animals they show depends on what region of the country they're filming in. Sometimes, some species aren't indigenous to the area.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Dusty
Feb 19 2012, 04:49 AM
Allmydays, I think the animals they show depends on what region of the country they're filming in. Sometimes, some species aren't indigenous to the area.
LOL. Thanks. That makes sense. Sometimes I think they use stock footage from past seasons ;P

King
Member Avatar

THe only people I can think of who stand out as least favorites to me were the Blonde Guy who was the leader of the model guys, Colton, and Alicia!

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Colton :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok. He's annoying but even more entertaining IMO. HILARIOUS. I was dying watching him during that immunity challenge, and it's so funny watching him act like a lazy drama queen around camp!

I LOVE Sabrina.

Sorry to see Nina go home, I enjoyed her tonight. Kat should've went home! What a bimbo!

Alin89
Member Avatar

i wish this was on a better time and day. i keep missing it.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I quite enjoyed the episode.

Monica & Chelsea are my favorite from the girls. Hopefully, Monica can figure a way to get in with the girls. Kat is so annoying. I really would love to see Kat & Alicia go next.

The guys are so Zzzzzz. Colton's playing a pretty bad game, but I'm enjoying him entertainment wise.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

OMG.. It's official. I do NOT like Colton... whatsoever!!!!!!! Annoying, overly dramatic, prissy, snobbish, purposely obnoxious, clingy.... I just can't stomach him. It would be different if he actually made an effort, but he has made NO effort.

That being said... WOW. Can't believe the girls voted off Nina, solely based on the fact that she wasn't one of the "5". Kat was the ditz who cost them the challenge. If someone in your alliance (that you made up minutes within entering the game) is a liability, and it's obvious that they're not carrying their weight, CUT THEIR ASSES. Don't just keep them for the sake of having the majority vote. If you cut them, that builds both tribe strength and morale, and gives you the chance to compete better in the next challenge. And if you do better, and win, the challenge... then you get to skip tribal. And the less tribals you go to, the better advantage you will have at the merge. Kat's airheaded ass should be gone.

I do have to say, though, as mean as it sounds, I'm kind of relieved I no longer have to see Nina's busted up face. That was just tough to look at. And I'm sure it hurts her like hell!

LOVE Sabrina. She reminds me of someone from a previous season, but I can't remember who.

Judging from the previews, I have a feeling we'll all be cussing the men next week.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Kat should have been voted off, but Nina's attitude (and face!) made me glad that she went instead. Her whole "What life experience does Kat bring?" was stupid. The girl is half your age! Not a good argument.

Before that challenge started, I thought the girls would win it for sure.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply