Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: Feb 6-10
Topic Started: Feb 16 2012, 07:56 PM (2,435 Views)
DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,755,000 (-194,000/-362,000)
2. B&B 3,350,000 (-71,000/+400,000)
3. DAYS 2,461,000 (+82,000/-169,000)
4. GH 2,193,000 (-16,000/-478,000) <óó new low *

* Previous low: 2,199,000 (June 27 Ė July 1, 2011)

Households
1. Y&R 3.5/11 (-.1/-.1)
2. B&B 2.5/8 (same/+.4)
3. DAYS 1.8/6 (same/-.1)
4. GH 1.6/5 (same/-.4) <óó ties low (2nd straight week)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 954,000 (+40,000/-33,000)
2. B&B 722,000 (+14,000/+200,000)
3. GH 599,000 (+7,000/-159,000)
4. DAYS 505,000 (+5,000/-211,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.5/9 (+.1/same)
2. B&B 1.1/7 (same/+.3)
3. GH 0.9/6 (same/-.2)
4. DAYS 0.8/5 (same/-.3) <óó ties low (3rd straight week)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.6/4 (-.1/-.2)
2. B&B 0.5/3 (same/+.1)
3. DAYS 0.4/3 (same/-.3) <óó ties low (2nd straight week)
3. GH 0.4/3 (-.1/-.2) <óó ties low

Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 1,070,000 (-75,000/-162,000)
2. B&B 707,000 (-39,000/-27,000)
3. DAYS 552,000 (+49,000/-72,000)
4. GH 393,000 (-27,000/-140,000)

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-gh-hits-new-lows-in-total-viewers
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Unfortunately, I think GH is toast.

TFP

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

Thanks for posting. Are these the ratings for the first week of sweeps?

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Sweeps for FEBRUARY 2012 runs February 2 - February 29.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

DAYUMMM!

Y&R
Monday: 3.7/5,006,000
Tuesday: 3.6/4,786,000
Wednesday: 3.5/4,653,000
Thursday: 3.6/4,883,000
Friday: 3.2/4,446,000 <Um See What Happen Was! :blulaugh:

All of Y&R Story Lines Ain't Worth Shit Right About Now.

Thanx for Posting DIH

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

These ratings mean nothing for GH. They could be challenging B&B for 2nd and they would still be toast. Its sad, but true. There is nothing they could do, short of overtaking Y&R. Which is impossible.

DaysForever
Member Avatar

Good for DAYS staying steady and seeing a little bump. Hopefully the numbers increase even more over the next few weeks.
Edited by DaysForever, Feb 17 2012, 12:43 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Looking at the dailies over at SON, Days did a 1.7 on Wednesday. If not for that day, they would've done a little bit better. I had expected Tuesday to have that sort of number because Days was preempted in NY for the Gianta parade. I was wondering if there was a mistake and the 1.7 was really the Tuesday number. That was quite a drop. Then again, the show dropped to 2.3 million viewers on Friday too but Fridays are always rough for the soaps so I expect a low number there.

Regardless, the numbers were as expected as I knew one day would be low for the parade preemption. Not bad for Days, especially given the season to date numbers. The demos are the concern though. Those got to increase. Even if the show's situation isn't as dire as we think because of season to date numbers and online numbers, those numbers still need to improve. Hopefully, the big reveal coming up will help bump those numbers up but the show needs to see the demos go up and stay there and one big week isn't going to do it.

I feel bad for GH. No way can it increase with the lead in it has now. Ugh.

Checkers
Member Avatar

lightandday
Feb 16 2012, 09:21 PM
DAYUMMM!

Y&R

Thanx for Posting DIH
What happened on Friday?

AlisonLou

PhoenixRising05
Feb 17 2012, 01:28 AM
Looking at the dailies over at SON, Days did a 1.7 on Wednesday. If not for that day, they would've done a little bit better. I had expected Tuesday to have that sort of number because Days was preempted in NY for the Gianta parade. I was wondering if there was a mistake and the 1.7 was really the Tuesday number. That was quite a drop. Then again, the show dropped to 2.3 million viewers on Friday too but Fridays are always rough for the soaps so I expect a low number there.

Regardless, the numbers were as expected as I knew one day would be low for the parade preemption. Not bad for Days, especially given the season to date numbers. The demos are the concern though. Those got to increase. Even if the show's situation isn't as dire as we think because of season to date numbers and online numbers, those numbers still need to improve. Hopefully, the big reveal coming up will help bump those numbers up but the show needs to see the demos go up and stay there and one big week isn't going to do it.

Days dropped on Friday because of the John and Hope crap.
The ratings will only get worse for Days.
With no Bo and Hope and John and Marlena coming up in the next month and all the John and Hope crap coming the show is certain to lose viewers.
Days are last in the key demos. Thst's not good.
The only bright spot is Bryan Datillo's return.
Edited by AlisonLou, Feb 17 2012, 05:54 AM.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Days got a little bump but nothing to write home about. Wednesday 1.7 was Rafe/Carrie, and Austin/Abby people donít want to watch this stuff, viewers want some romance and bed-hopping isnít it or an S/L! Watching Rafe/Carrie actually turns my stomach and if Austin wants a kid then go adopt one! Itís pathetic that the writers are breaking up perfectly great couples, for everything we are seeing now. DAYS canít survive on doom and gloom all the time! :frustration:

OldDaysFankat

I don't mind bedhopping on a soap it is a soap opera where infidelity is a staple I just think every beat in each story is predictable. And this is DOOL. There is no danger of any real longterm shakeups to any couple or story. Wills story garnered interest due to the Ejami romp and the blackmail. It was different. Thats it. The show needs some serious modernization productionwise. B&B, GH, Y&R look 100 times better but I don't know the answer.

GH as terrible as it is has still managed to hang on to its demos so if it can regain viewers they might have a shot at getting their demos up. In the end it likely won't matter but who knows

The CBS show are still holding their demos despite viewer losses. It will be interesting to see if Cane/Lily's wedding this week helped them

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

badaddiction
Feb 16 2012, 09:16 PM
Sweeps for FEBRUARY 2012 runs February 2 - February 29.
Thanks.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Those are ATROCIOUS 18-49 numbers for DAYS....they need to REALLY be concerned with those scary numbers as they are the ones that are going to decide this shows fate, not HH or Total Viewers.

4. DAYS 505,000 (+5,000/-211,000)

THAT is serious cause for concern!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 17 2012, 12:09 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

AlisonLou
Feb 17 2012, 05:51 AM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 17 2012, 01:28 AM

Days dropped on Friday because of the John and Hope crap.
The ratings will only get worse for Days.
With no Bo and Hope and John and Marlena coming up in the next month and all the John and Hope crap coming the show is certain to lose viewers.
Days are last in the key demos. Thst's not good.
The only bright spot is Bryan Datillo's return.
One story does not bring the ratings down. Never has and never will. Just like one story doesn't bring them up.

Days has been on a downward spiral well before this story with John, Hope, Bo, and Marlena began.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

I don't think any one story on Days is driving viewers away. I just think none of the stories are all that interesting. They have a couple bright spots with the Will story and crazy Abigail. They have too many boring characters on the canvas right now.

Graham
Member Avatar

DAYS settling into 0.8's in the demo is just wow.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

ElvisDiMera
Feb 17 2012, 12:19 PM
I don't think any one story on Days is driving viewers away. I just think none of the stories are all that interesting. They have a couple bright spots with the Will story and crazy Abigail. They have too many boring characters on the canvas right now.
You are right itís everything about the show, with this re-boot they have re-written history changed characters personalities, no more love or romance; this isnít the DAYS that people remember or recognize itís like watching a bad new soap. The only thing familiar about the show are the faces! Thereís nothing a viewer can make a connection too or root for. So why watch they have to give me a reason and since September they took the reason away! They can't even give us previews for the next day! Really SAD!!!!!!!!

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Days needs to bring the fans what they promised before the reset-- family, heroic love, romance, bad guys not winning, rooting couples-- and none of that has been delivered. Couple that with boring, poorly paced, redone storylines that are going nowhere, and there is really no surprise why the ratings aren't good. TPTB got the fans all hyped up about the reset, and, almost from the beginning, it was a flop.
I don't care how many vets you bring back and how many new sets you build, unless the stories are there, the ratings won't improve.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Checkers
Feb 17 2012, 01:52 AM
lightandday
Feb 16 2012, 09:21 PM
DAYUMMM!

Y&R

Thanx for Posting DIH
What happened on Friday?

I'm not sure but judging from tweets last week, seems it was a lead into more senseless marriages.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply