Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NYT: After some soaps' cancellations, others adjust
Topic Started: Feb 19 2012, 10:01 AM (3,859 Views)
tylerbo20

Deidre Hall looks out of place in that photo lol where's john stefano lol
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Ummm... is that a new set?

PS - Props to the photographer for product placement. But where was the bar of soap?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm glad to hear some positive news about the soaps for once. Glad to hear that the soaps are financially healthy. Doesn't mean they won't get cancelled but I have higher hopes they make stick around for longer than I thought.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Awesome new set for DAYS and it is really good to hear a big executive from NBC say that DAYS is financially sound and that it is a good fit on NBC...good to hear!

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I just appreciate the picture with Wally, John, Judi, and Maggie. Four Actors that should be focused more. Too bad MarDar waste their pens on the same boring ass characters.

Edited by Mirage75, Feb 20 2012, 07:14 PM.

Ellie

Mitchapalooza
Feb 20 2012, 06:50 PM
Awesome new set for DAYS and it is really good to hear a big executive from NBC say that DAYS is financially sound and that it is a good fit on NBC...good to hear!

Exactly how I feel. Though some of us here disagree with some of the sentiment expressed in the article, a soap which virtually all of us want to stay on the air is getting extremely positive press in the top national paper.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Feb 20 2012, 02:04 AM
Can you imagine someone reading that article and thinking Adrienne, Justin, and Sonny are some of the show's main characters?
frankly those three should be. I would certainly watch more if those three were focused on more, instead of the same boring ass characters that on everyday.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Half of me feels like NBC and Corday productions are giving all of the "right" answers. They want you to think it's all good but this may not be the reality. For some reason, I'm just not trusting anything any network or production company says. Too much water under that bridge......

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

While DAYS 18-49 demos are really low, their season to date 18-49 demo is still 1.1, so maybe DAYS has good DVR numbers.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kirk
Feb 22 2012, 01:52 AM
While DAYS 18-49 demos are really low, their season to date 18-49 demo is still 1.1, so maybe DAYS has good DVR numbers.
this must be the case....i have heard that days does perform well for dvr...they are usually adjusted up the most and the show is the most watched online

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mitchapalooza
Feb 22 2012, 03:23 AM
Kirk
this must be the case....i have heard that days does perform well for dvr...they are usually adjusted up the most and the show is the most watched online
Exactly.

It's just like 2010 where people panicked all year about the numbers and the show got a multi-year renewal. It's season to date numbers were much better and it's online numbers were said by Corday to be strong. That saved it and I think it's still saving them. NBC even said in this article that Days' numbers were good. That is a very good sign.

CoronaDays
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 22 2012, 03:23 AM
Kirk
I wouldn't be surprised to hear about Days does well PVR. I have to watch Days online after work as I don't have a PVR. They're generating revenue every time a commercial airs between segments from online advertising.

And another reason why Days is financially secure is, not sure if this was mentioned already, I believe Days makes a pretty penny from the iTunes $1.99 episodes. Apple takes an automatic 30% cut but the remainder is split between the studio(s), network, etc. In the past few week's I've bought about 10-11 episodes already and have another 10 saved in my wishlist. Prior seasons like the entire 2007-2008 is available for download for $10 - great deal imo.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply