Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide interview with Bryan Dattilo
Topic Started: Feb 24 2012, 10:22 AM (7,845 Views)
sals4
Member Avatar

This is a soap opera...Bo and hope have been linked in each other's "orbit" since eisenhower...as have Jack and Jennifer many other couples who have been paired together, have wonderful and natural chemistry because of years of working together..There is no denying that Sami and Lucas have a wonderful connection and have each others backs..whether they're romantically involved, or best friends they're fun to watch. I don't believe that it would be the end of Bryan on the show if he's not sleeping with Sami! They're just as good together as friends. He has lots of links and family in Salem, way more than a lot of the current characters..he's done his time and gained a HUGE fanbase. (I do have to say though that when romantically involved the 2 of them are smoking hot together!) They bring the kind of passion you don't see very often.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysfan20yrs
Member Avatar

LUMI YES!!!! SO happy Bryan is back!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

daisy132
Feb 24 2012, 10:41 PM
LuvingLumi
Feb 24 2012, 09:09 PM
Kali
Feb 24 2012, 09:02 PM
LuvingLumi
Feb 24 2012, 08:51 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepI think if Cafe doesn't work out as a viable couple, then Rafe will be on his way out because there hasn't been any development of Rafe as an individual.
I don't disagree for the most part (although I disagree about EJ--I think there has been scores more individual character development for EJ than for Rafe or recent Lucas). It's just not a good sign IMO that they seem to be putting Lucas immediately back with Sami without re-establishing him as an independent character first.
Independent character? Lucas IS an independent character, he's been on Days for 18 years and has gotten more character development than any other of "Sami's men".....Ej and Rafe can't even compare to the development that Lucas has gotten, the problem is that he's "ONE" of Sami's men, he has kids and a history with her and if you take that away from Lucas, you take away a big part of who his character is.
When has Lucas ever been an independent character? That was BD's gripe, that he was constantly linked to Sami and his character was going nowhere on its own. He mentions the lack of development for his character again in this article as one of the reasons he was so bitter about before he was let go.

Lucas has ALWAYS been linked to Sami too from the get go. EJ on and off for six years, and Lucas for 18. And now that he's returned, does Lucas have a storyline on his own? No. He's reunited with Sami, AGAIN, but BD is keeping his mouth shut this time because he's glad to be working again.

Rafe's character has never been developed. He's been Sami's prop and boytoy for the past three years. I would say that he's the odd man out.
What I meant by independent is that Lucas COULD stand on his own. He's been around long enough, and he has connections that make the situation possible. Problem is that if you are attached to Sami in some form, the chances are that you will never be away from that and history proves that. Lucas is really no different in terms of being an independent character than any other of Sami's men. That is what I'm trying to say. He has many ties to Salem, he's related to a lot of people but he's still Kate's son, she's still Sami's enemy and that is the story. It's not different than Ej being Stefano's son and he's Sami's enemy...same deal. EJ isn't any more independent than Lucas is, or Rafe is, or Brandon was or Austin has been. It's the problem if the men are written in story with Sami, it's sort of their 'curse' more than anything else. I think it also fits who Lucas is BECAUSE he came on the scene practically WITH Sami. Bryan wanted a Lucas story away from Sami, he never got it because they never wanted to give it to him. I bet that James would want the same thing, or GG too. The problem is they don't do it, and they don't do it with ANY of her men, it has nothing to do with Bryan, but the character he plays. I tend to think that Lucas' fiancee will pop up in town in a few months just when Lucas thinks that it's fine to move on with Sami and at that point MAYBE we get the first real story about Lucas...but as you can see, it doesn't have Sami very far behind.

Helpless Romantic

LuvingLumi
Feb 25 2012, 11:28 AM
daisy132
LuvingLumi
Kali

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepI think if Cafe doesn't work out as a viable couple, then Rafe will be on his way out because there hasn't been any development of Rafe as an individual.
Independent character? Lucas IS an independent character, he's been on Days for 18 years and has gotten more character development than any other of "Sami's men".....Ej and Rafe can't even compare to the development that Lucas has gotten, the problem is that he's "ONE" of Sami's men, he has kids and a history with her and if you take that away from Lucas, you take away a big part of who his character is.
When has Lucas ever been an independent character? That was BD's gripe, that he was constantly linked to Sami and his character was going nowhere on its own. He mentions the lack of development for his character again in this article as one of the reasons he was so bitter about before he was let go.

Lucas has ALWAYS been linked to Sami too from the get go. EJ on and off for six years, and Lucas for 18. And now that he's returned, does Lucas have a storyline on his own? No. He's reunited with Sami, AGAIN, but BD is keeping his mouth shut this time because he's glad to be working again.

Rafe's character has never been developed. He's been Sami's prop and boytoy for the past three years. I would say that he's the odd man out.
What I meant by independent is that Lucas COULD stand on his own. He's been around long enough, and he has connections that make the situation possible. Problem is that if you are attached to Sami in some form, the chances are that you will never be away from that and history proves that. Lucas is really no different in terms of being an independent character than any other of Sami's men. That is what I'm trying to say. He has many ties to Salem, he's related to a lot of people but he's still Kate's son, she's still Sami's enemy and that is the story. It's not different than Ej being Stefano's son and he's Sami's enemy...same deal. EJ isn't any more independent than Lucas is, or Rafe is, or Brandon was or Austin has been. It's the problem if the men are written in story with Sami, it's sort of their 'curse' more than anything else. I think it also fits who Lucas is BECAUSE he came on the scene practically WITH Sami. Bryan wanted a Lucas story away from Sami, he never got it because they never wanted to give it to him. I bet that James would want the same thing, or GG too. The problem is they don't do it, and they don't do it with ANY of her men, it has nothing to do with Bryan, but the character he plays. I tend to think that Lucas' fiancee will pop up in town in a few months just when Lucas thinks that it's fine to move on with Sami and at that point MAYBE we get the first real story about Lucas...but as you can see, it doesn't have Sami very far behind.
Yeah could is the operative word for ALL of Sami's men problem is apart from EJ with Nicole none of them are given successful pairings or allowed to have successful pairings without it some how some way coming back to Sami. It was true of Brandon Lucas even EJ though I never will consider them a "couple" far from that and definately not what I would use to describe them but the fact that they had them engage in insanity again when there was no need for it speaks volumes of the PTB and all of their ways of thinking and how they are promoted as a viable "couple". The same will be true of Rafe after Carrie dumps and or cheats on him too. She really is a curse.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Feb 25 2012, 12:16 PM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

LuvingLumi
daisy132
LuvingLumi
Kali

That is the sad about it, Lucas needs his story away from Sami. I don't see what is so exciting about a five year old woman that never take responsiblites for her actions, she is pathetic. :shame:

Helpless Romantic

JamesScott_19
Feb 25 2012, 12:15 PM
LuvingLumi
daisy132
LuvingLumi

That is the sad about it, Lucas needs his story away from Sami. I don't see what is so exciting about a five year old woman that never take responsiblites for her actions, she is pathetic. :shame:
They ALL need a story away from her and she needs a LONG stint in therapy because the bedhoping and insta sex with her NEVER works out in her favour and not to mention Kate's interference with LUMI annoys me. How many more ways can she possibly break them up? Its tiresome. I want a Sami break down because she is so out of touch with reality that Lucas coming back alone can't fix because her issues are much deeper and IMO need to be dealt with properly and not through sex because after the sex the problems with her remain and make her look even worse.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Feb 25 2012, 12:22 PM.

jenesais

Not to mention the Dumbass never uses birth control and keeps spitting out spawn. As Elvis said, "She's only good at one thing": spreading her lumpy legs.

Helpless Romantic

jenesais
Feb 25 2012, 12:41 PM
Not to mention the Dumbass never uses birth control and keeps spitting out spawn. As Elvis said, "She's only good at one thing": spreading her lumpy legs.
All I can say is she better NOT become pregnant again and ruin Nicole's thunder :angry:
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Feb 25 2012, 12:52 PM.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Based on both variety and length, Lucas and Sami have a richer history than any other pairing on the show (supercouples included). IMO, both are more interesting and better rounded characters together than apart and their other relationships will always seem bland and one-dimensional by comparison.

Of course I'd like Lucas to have more of his own identity in a business and family sense but there's nothing in the Lumi relationship itself that precludes that. At a minimum, we know he'll have substantial material dealing with Will coming out and will be involved in the Kate/Ian/Madison stuff through CW. That's already far more engaged in the canvas than he was during the god-awful Danloe mess.

Kali
Member Avatar

The funny thing is that, since Carrie's in town, I would expect something to be going on for Lucas on that front, with Sami still in his orbit in some way. However, since Cafe looks like it's about to happen, it seems like TPTB see Rafe and Lucas as interchangeable. Are TPTB going to keep them both?
Edited by Kali, Feb 25 2012, 02:41 PM.

daisy132

Alin89
Feb 25 2012, 02:19 AM
they r rushing things too fast with lumi!!!!!
Yes, and that never bodes well, does it?

Helpless Romantic

daisy132
Feb 25 2012, 02:59 PM
Alin89
NOPE! Also I doubt that Lucas or Rafe are interchangable and then really if we think about it that way that is true for every man Sami has been involved with: Austin got replaced by Brandon, ,Brandon by Lucas, Lucas by EJ, and EJ by Rafe and any other poor sucker they have her involved with. There is ALWAYS someone waiting in the wings and EVERY man is brought back to her orbit sooner or later. Of course Sami's men go in a circular motion so of course we had a few go arounds of CAUSTIN and LUMI swapping partners and there will be more rounds of all of those characters behopping with each other because they want everyone watching. It goes on and on and on... where and when it stops nobody knows. So no I doubt anyone is going anywhere.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Feb 25 2012, 03:13 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Feb 25 2012, 03:04 PM
daisy132
Alin89
NOPE! Also I doubt that Lucas or Rafe are interchangable and really if we think about it that way that is true for every man Sami has been involved with: Austin got replaced by Brandon, ,Brandon by Lucas, Lucas by EJ, and EJ by Rafe and any other poor sucker they have her involved with. There is ALWAYS someone waiting in the wings and EVERY man is brought back to her orbit sooner or later. Of course Sami's men go in a circular motion so of course we had a few go arounds of CAUSTIN and LUMI swapping partners and there will be more rounds of all of those characters behopping with each other because they want everyone watching. It goes on and on and on... where and when it stops nobody knows.
You are exactly right. If any of Sami's "current" men are outed from the show, then there goes that fanbase, and Days doesn't want that; they can't afford that. They want all of the fanbases arguing and hanging on to see if their couple is "the one". That's why they keep throwing them all bones.

sals4
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Feb 25 2012, 03:17 PM
Helpless Romantic
daisy132
Alin89
NOPE! Also I doubt that Lucas or Rafe are interchangable and really if we think about it that way that is true for every man Sami has been involved with: Austin got replaced by Brandon, ,Brandon by Lucas, Lucas by EJ, and EJ by Rafe and any other poor sucker they have her involved with. There is ALWAYS someone waiting in the wings and EVERY man is brought back to her orbit sooner or later. Of course Sami's men go in a circular motion so of course we had a few go arounds of CAUSTIN and LUMI swapping partners and there will be more rounds of all of those characters behopping with each other because they want everyone watching. It goes on and on and on... where and when it stops nobody knows.
You are exactly right. If any of Sami's "current" men are outed from the show, then there goes that fanbase, and Days doesn't want that; they can't afford that. They want all of the fanbases arguing and hanging on to see if their couple is "the one". That's why they keep throwing them all bones.
You're right...I agree that at the end of the day it's a business after all and they're trying to keep the fanbases happy. But I do believe that on the terms that BD left, their initial intention was to replace him with Rafe and never bring him back..But it was the fans that brought him back. There was an interview done with him on another site where he had answered a question I had sent out to him as to whether if he believed that most of the fans that fought to bring him back were LUMI fans, he said that most are hoping for a LUMI reunion. I believe that of all the sami/love interest fanbases LUMI has the most extensive fanbase..because of their history of course and new viewers will definitely root for them when they see their chemistry compared to all the others. Since the reboot they are definitely reacting to the fan responses...hence the rewrites. i believe the ratings will definitely go up when BD returns...as ratings went down when he left...(I stopped watching after he left...and never got on the SAFE boat!)

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

sals4
Feb 25 2012, 04:08 PM
magicsteacher
Helpless Romantic
daisy132

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
You're right...I agree that at the end of the day it's a business after all and they're trying to keep the fanbases happy. But I do believe that on the terms that BD left, their initial intention was to replace him with Rafe and never bring him back..But it was the fans that brought him back. There was an interview done with him on another site where he had answered a question I had sent out to him as to whether if he believed that most of the fans that fought to bring him back were LUMI fans, he said that most are hoping for a LUMI reunion. I believe that of all the sami/love interest fanbases LUMI has the most extensive fanbase..because of their history of course and new viewers will definitely root for them when they see their chemistry compared to all the others. Since the reboot they are definitely reacting to the fan responses...hence the rewrites. i believe the ratings will definitely go up when BD returns...as ratings went down when he left...(I stopped watching after he left...and never got on the SAFE boat!)
I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that "new viewers will definitely root for them ( Lumi) when they see their chemistry compared to all the others". It's hard to tell who new viewers will root for. Don't forget many of them are Safe and Ejami fans. That's pure conjecture, as is you believe Sami/Lucas have the largest fanbase of all Sami's love interests. We don't know that. No one knows how large any fanbase really is. There isn't anywhere to look for or confirm that.

As far as ratings going down when BD left, don't forget that within that same short time frame, Jarlena was also let go. I think it was a combination of those things, along with some lousy stories at the time, that caused the ratings to dip, but that dip didn't last too long. When they started the Grace and baby switch storylines, the ratings came up once again.

sals4
Member Avatar

Kali
Feb 25 2012, 02:41 PM
The funny thing is that, since Carrie's in town, I would expect something to be going on for Lucas on that front, with Sami still in his orbit in some way. However, since Cafe looks like it's about to happen, it seems like TPTB see Rafe and Lucas as interchangeable. Are TPTB going to keep them both?
Well....what I found puzzling is that they put Caustin's relationship on the rocks from the get-go..they didn't even attempt to reestablish them as a solid couple...So if they were to keep Rafe around...and CAFE happens..they will assess fan reactions to the couple...they may establish a strong fanbase that is stronger than SAFE and then Safe will be old news. I believe that they really Put EJAMI through the ringer....their relationship is toxic...rape....meaningless sex..attempted murder....kidnapping..deception. EJ has no regard for Sami anymore. The flame is gone. I'm hoping it will all be about EJOLE at this point...they are the rooting couple. Brandon has long been out of the sami orbit...But now that leave Austin!

sals4
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Feb 25 2012, 04:20 PM
sals4
magicsteacher
Helpless Romantic

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that "new viewers will definitely root for them ( Lumi) when they see their chemistry compared to all the others". It's hard to tell who new viewers will root for. Don't forget many of them are Safe and Ejami fans. That's pure conjecture, as is you believe Sami/Lucas have the largest fanbase of all Sami's love interests. We don't know that. No one knows how large any fanbase really is. There isn't anywhere to look for or confirm that.

As far as ratings going down when BD left, don't forget that within that same short time frame, Jarlena was also let go. I think it was a combination of those things, along with some lousy stories at the time, that caused the ratings to dip, but that dip didn't last too long. When they started the Grace and baby switch storylines, the ratings came up once again.
Well..that's my opinion...I don't think that if Rafe was written off that fans would fight this hard to bring him back to pair him back up with Sami. They never brought Brandon Back to pair him back up with Sami...and till this day EJAMI hasn't been reunited in any solid way.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

sals4
Feb 25 2012, 04:27 PM
magicsteacher
sals4
magicsteacher

Well..that's my opinion...I don't think that if Rafe was written off that fans would fight this hard to bring him back to pair him back up with Sami. They never brought Brandon Back to pair him back up with Sami...and till this day EJAMI hasn't been reunited in any solid way.
It's all good. I respect your opinion, but who knows how hard any fanbase would campaign to bring their favorite back til it happens.
I don't really know how you can compare Brandon to Rafe. Brandon was a love of Sami's awhile back before a lot of this fanbase campaigning through emails and tweets was even started. Perhaps if they would have had all that then, they would have brought him back. Who knows?

As far as the Ejamis not being reunited in any solid relationship, it's not because of lack of interest by their fanbase.

Helpless Romantic

sals4
Feb 25 2012, 04:27 PM
magicsteacher
sals4
magicsteacher

Yes they didn't bring him back because they were going with LUMI which is why he left in the first place to make a LUMI pairing possible and that's why I don't agree that Rafe replaced Lucas. IMO Lucas was being phased out at the end of 07 when they shipped him off to jail which was months before Rafe EVER showed up and at that time they were toying with EJAMI And put Lucas with Chloe. So they didn't have them or more so Sami show romantic feelings to Lucas so I do think they wanted to go the EJAMI route but something stopped them and then Rafe came on and The SAFE love story began. I will also say that Brandon was brought back wanting Sami back but she chose Lucas and I will not discuss how popular they were because none of us can know without displaying personal biases or that any pairing or character wouldn't be fought for..
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Feb 25 2012, 04:52 PM.

AFaithL

As a Lumi fan, I have NO DESIRE to see them reunited and all "happy happy joy joy", hitting the sheets, etc. I LIKE them fighting and him calling her out on her shit. If they are already reunited, I hope Lucas has his balls in tact and continues to call Sami out for being a paranoid dumbass and stuff. I want there to be LOTS of fights. I have no use for "lapdog" Lucas. I want them giving each other shit and headaches!

Edited by AFaithL, Feb 25 2012, 04:50 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply