Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide interview with Bryan Dattilo
Topic Started: Feb 24 2012, 10:22 AM (7,844 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Feb 25 2012, 04:20 PM
sals4
Feb 25 2012, 04:08 PM
magicsteacher
Feb 25 2012, 03:17 PM
Helpless Romantic
Feb 25 2012, 03:04 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
You are exactly right. If any of Sami's "current" men are outed from the show, then there goes that fanbase, and Days doesn't want that; they can't afford that. They want all of the fanbases arguing and hanging on to see if their couple is "the one". That's why they keep throwing them all bones.
You're right...I agree that at the end of the day it's a business after all and they're trying to keep the fanbases happy. But I do believe that on the terms that BD left, their initial intention was to replace him with Rafe and never bring him back..But it was the fans that brought him back. There was an interview done with him on another site where he had answered a question I had sent out to him as to whether if he believed that most of the fans that fought to bring him back were LUMI fans, he said that most are hoping for a LUMI reunion. I believe that of all the sami/love interest fanbases LUMI has the most extensive fanbase..because of their history of course and new viewers will definitely root for them when they see their chemistry compared to all the others. Since the reboot they are definitely reacting to the fan responses...hence the rewrites. i believe the ratings will definitely go up when BD returns...as ratings went down when he left...(I stopped watching after he left...and never got on the SAFE boat!)
I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that "new viewers will definitely root for them ( Lumi) when they see their chemistry compared to all the others". It's hard to tell who new viewers will root for. Don't forget many of them are Safe and Ejami fans. That's pure conjecture, as is you believe Sami/Lucas have the largest fanbase of all Sami's love interests. We don't know that. No one knows how large any fanbase really is. There isn't anywhere to look for or confirm that.

As far as ratings going down when BD left, don't forget that within that same short time frame, Jarlena was also let go. I think it was a combination of those things, along with some lousy stories at the time, that caused the ratings to dip, but that dip didn't last too long. When they started the Grace and baby switch storylines, the ratings came up once again.
jarlena left on jan 2009 while BD on feb 2010

week after he left days lost lot viewers i not saying its because of him just the major drop of viewers happen after he left
and despite i am BD fan i do not think there be major rating when he will be back i think they will stay the same some lumi fans or just BD fan start watching already or some will watch when will be back but i still think they are

too many lumi fans or BD fans Disappointed from days too much after been treated by days and do not want to get screw again not coming back to watch if jarlena and jack did not brought the rating i do not think that BD that is only one do any chance in the ratings

and the ratings were good when nicole was control in 2009 the story not sami or rafe or ej for that matter when nicole was out of story it was not good ratings
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Feb 25 2012, 04:46 PM
sals4
Feb 25 2012, 04:27 PM
magicsteacher
sals4
Feb 25 2012, 04:08 PM

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that "new viewers will definitely root for them ( Lumi) when they see their chemistry compared to all the others". It's hard to tell who new viewers will root for. Don't forget many of them are Safe and Ejami fans. That's pure conjecture, as is you believe Sami/Lucas have the largest fanbase of all Sami's love interests. We don't know that. No one knows how large any fanbase really is. There isn't anywhere to look for or confirm that.

As far as ratings going down when BD left, don't forget that within that same short time frame, Jarlena was also let go. I think it was a combination of those things, along with some lousy stories at the time, that caused the ratings to dip, but that dip didn't last too long. When they started the Grace and baby switch storylines, the ratings came up once again.
Well..that's my opinion...I don't think that if Rafe was written off that fans would fight this hard to bring him back to pair him back up with Sami. They never brought Brandon Back to pair him back up with Sami...and till this day EJAMI hasn't been reunited in any solid way.
Yes they didn't bring him back because they were going with LUMI which is why he left in the first place to make a LUMI pairing possible and that's why I don't agree that Rafe replaced Lucas. IMO Lucas was being phased out at the end of 07 when they shipped him off to jail which was months before Rafe EVER showed up and at that time they were toying with EJAMI And put Lucas with Chloe. So they didn't have them or more so Sami show romantic feelings to Lucas so I do think they wanted to go the EJAMI route but something stopped them and then Rafe came on and The SAFE love story began. I will also say that Brandon was brought back wanting Sami back but she chose Lucas and I will not discuss how popular they were because none of us can know without displaying personal biases or that any pairing or character wouldn't be fought for..
lucas was being phased out when they brought rafe not because lack of scences with sami he was being phased slowly out by children life while rafe was slowly got closer to sami children life

Helpless Romantic

Partnersincrime
Feb 25 2012, 04:57 PM
Helpless Romantic
sals4
magicsteacher

Well..that's my opinion...I don't think that if Rafe was written off that fans would fight this hard to bring him back to pair him back up with Sami. They never brought Brandon Back to pair him back up with Sami...and till this day EJAMI hasn't been reunited in any solid way.
Yes they didn't bring him back because they were going with LUMI which is why he left in the first place to make a LUMI pairing possible and that's why I don't agree that Rafe replaced Lucas. IMO Lucas was being phased out at the end of 07 when they shipped him off to jail which was months before Rafe EVER showed up and at that time they were toying with EJAMI And put Lucas with Chloe. So they didn't have them or more so Sami show romantic feelings to Lucas so I do think they wanted to go the EJAMI route but something stopped them and then Rafe came on and The SAFE love story began. I will also say that Brandon was brought back wanting Sami back but she chose Lucas and I will not discuss how popular they were because none of us can know without displaying personal biases or that any pairing or character wouldn't be fought for..
lucas was being phased out when they brought rafe not because lack of scences with sami he was being phased slowly out by children life while rafe was slowly got closer to sami children life
While I will give you that LUMI was ignored when SAFE became a couple in 09 I still stand by my point that the phasing out of Lucas began in Dec 07 and where he was shipped off screen so EJAMI "grow closer" in time for the EJAMI boink to happen and Lucas witness it. That ended LUMI at that time and not Rafe because Rafe wasn't brought in until October 31st 2008 with the WP SL but all through that SL and a bit before they were toying with Sami having feelings for EJ even kissing Lucas when they brought them back to BFFs thinking it was EJ. They had Sami daydreaming about EJ the stupid phone call etc etc which had nothing to do with SAFE but them teasing the EJAMI fanbase and isn't it funny how three years later and the PTB are pulling this same crap with everyone? ENOUGH. So that is why I don't agree that Rafe was a Lucas replacement or any character being a replacement for anyone because as I said before that argument can then apply to ALL her men.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Feb 25 2012, 05:14 PM.

sals4
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Feb 25 2012, 05:03 PM
Partnersincrime
Helpless Romantic
sals4

While I will give you that LUMI was ignored when SAFE became a couple in 09 I still stand by my point that the phasing out of Lucas began in Dec 07 and where he was shipped off scren so EJAMI "grow closer" in time for the EJAMI boink to happen and Lucas witness it. That ended LUMI at that time not Rafe because Rafe wasn't brought in until October 31st 2008 with the WP SL but all through that SL and a bit before they were toying with Sami having feelings for EJ even kissing Lucas when they brought them back to BFFs thinking it was EJ they had Sami daydreaming about EJ the stupid phone cal etc etc which had nothing to do with SAFE but them teasing the EJAMI fanbase and isn't it funny how three years later and the PTB are pulling this same crap with everyone? ENOUGH.
Hahahah ur right. Everyone is gonna have an opinion and a preference . writers are eating this fanbase war shit Up! Just because I believe that LUMI are the obvious rooting couple..doesn't mean I can speak for anyone else...But can I just say! The EJAMI romance has always been a headscratcher for me. Starting with the rape and manipulation....to the kidnappings....to the bullet in the head..to the beastsex...it's always been so toxic and twisted in my mind..But to each his own I guess! Ur right...they wanna dangle the carrot a little to each of the fanbases...

Helpless Romantic

sals4
Feb 25 2012, 05:16 PM
Helpless Romantic
Feb 25 2012, 05:03 PM
Partnersincrime
Helpless Romantic

While I will give you that LUMI was ignored when SAFE became a couple in 09 I still stand by my point that the phasing out of Lucas began in Dec 07 and where he was shipped off scren so EJAMI "grow closer" in time for the EJAMI boink to happen and Lucas witness it. That ended LUMI at that time not Rafe because Rafe wasn't brought in until October 31st 2008 with the WP SL but all through that SL and a bit before they were toying with Sami having feelings for EJ even kissing Lucas when they brought them back to BFFs thinking it was EJ they had Sami daydreaming about EJ the stupid phone cal etc etc which had nothing to do with SAFE but them teasing the EJAMI fanbase and isn't it funny how three years later and the PTB are pulling this same crap with everyone? ENOUGH.
Hahahah ur right. Everyone is gonna have an opinion and a preference . writers are eating this fanbase war shit Up! Just because I believe that LUMI are the obvious rooting couple..doesn't mean I can speak for anyone else...But can I just say! The EJAMI romance has always been a headscratcher for me. Starting with the rape and manipulation....to the kidnappings....to the bullet in the head..to the beastsex...it's always been so toxic and twisted in my mind..But to each his own I guess! Ur right...they wanna dangle the carrot a little to each of the fanbases...
ITA they love all the bases fighting amongst each other. :shame:

Alin89
Member Avatar

i wanted them to take time before they reunited again.

Vicky4Mimi

Anytime is LUMItime really. It makes no difference when it happens---was there anyone who didn't think they would reunite, seriously? I don't think there is!

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

well its about time for Lumi time! I can't wait!

Vicky4Mimi

this is the last scene where Sami and Lucas talked about LUMI. He asked for time--he said a couple of months--I think a couple of YEARS has been plenty!! Sami said there was NO question as to what she wanted--she wanted HIM--and she still feels the same!

Mindy
Member Avatar

I love how honest Bryan has been in his interviews. Great interview. I can't wait to see him this week on the show!

sals4
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Feb 26 2012, 02:45 PM
this is the last scene where Sami and Lucas talked about LUMI. He asked for time--he said a couple of months--I think a couple of YEARS has been plenty!! Sami said there was NO question as to what she wanted--she wanted HIM--and she still feels the same!

Can't believe I don't remember this scene at all! Thanks for posting!

aimees76
Member Avatar

Just stopping by to do my happy dance :cart: :chee: :cheer: :boobs:

:wub: LUMI!!!! :wub:

:D

sals4
Member Avatar

aimees76
Feb 26 2012, 07:30 PM
Just stopping by to do my happy dance :cart: :chee: :cheer: :boobs:

:wub: LUMI!!!! :wub:

:D
yeah baby!!! :dance:

Vicky4Mimi

sals4
Feb 26 2012, 08:07 PM
aimees76
Feb 26 2012, 07:30 PM
Just stopping by to do my happy dance :cart: :chee: :cheer: :boobs: <br /><br /> :wub: LUMI!!!! :wub: <br /><br /><br /> :D
yeah baby!!! :dance:
Great exercise routine--doing the Lumi happy dance! I haven't stopped in days! :D

:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply