Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: Feb 13th-17th; New Lows Again for GH
Topic Started: Feb 24 2012, 07:31 PM (2,556 Views)
bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,744,000 (-11,000/+100,000)
2. B&B 3,285,000 (-65,000/+494,000)
3. DAYS 2,468,000 (+7,000/-89,000)
4. GH 2,162,000 (-31,000/-346,000) <---- new low (2nd straight week) *

* Previous low: 2,193,000 (February 6-10, 2012)

Households
1. Y&R 3.5/11 (same/+.2)
2. B&B 2.4/8 (-.1/+.4)
3. DAYS 1.8/6 (same/same)
4. GH 1.6/5 (same/-.2) <---- ties low (3rd straight week)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 972,000 (+18,000/+86,000)
2. B&B 740,000 (+18,000/+210,000)
3. GH 527,000 (-72,000/-193,000) <---- new low *
4. DAYS 526,000 (+21,000/-92,000)

* Previous low: 530,000 (January 16-20, 2012)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.5 (same/+.2)
2. B&B 1.2 (+.1/+.4)
3. GH 0.8 (-.1/-.3) <---- ties low
3. DAYS 0.8 (same/-.1) <---- ties low (4th straight week)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.7 (+.1/same)
2. B&B 0.5 (same/+.1)
2. DAYS 0.4 (same/-.1) <---- ties low (3rd straight week)
4. GH 0.4 (same/-.3) <---- ties low (2nd straight week)

Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 1,064,000 (-6,000/+16,000)
2. B&B 665,000 (-42,000/+56,000)
3. DAYS 554,000 (+2,000/-67,000)
4. GH 425,000 (+32,000/-44,000)

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-new-lows-again-for-gh
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DaysForever
Member Avatar

DAYS
Monday: 2.0/2,634,000
Tuesday: 1.7/2,349,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,501,000
Thursday: 1.8/2,496,000
Friday: 1.7/2,361,000

DaysForever
Member Avatar

FUCK YA to that 2.0!

Glad to see DAYS holding steady. Only soap to gain this week.

am103
Member Avatar

Well, not big numbers, but at least DAYS is going up. Hopefully the ratings for this past week will be good, because DAYS was must-see in my opinion (minus the John/Hope stuff, of course).

DaysForever
Member Avatar

Are DVR-related numbers included in this tally?

badaddiction
Member Avatar

DaysForever
Feb 24 2012, 07:39 PM
From my understanding, only the DVR numbers that are from the Nielsen families/households.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DaysForever
No, well actually only DVR that were viewed same-day as live...this does not include DVR past same day.

Only the season averages contain thos numbers.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DaysForever
Feb 24 2012, 07:36 PM
DAYS
Monday: 2.0/2,634,000
Tuesday: 1.7/2,349,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,501,000
Thursday: 1.8/2,496,000
Friday: 1.7/2,361,000
Those 1.7 are NOT good at all...this doesn't bode well for next week. Had they not gotten that 2.0 on Monday, their numbers would have been MUCH worse this week.

OldDaysFankat

GH is toast. Terrible

I think the changes to Lucas's return in pushing Lumi together so quickly and the 1 day turnaround of Jennifer is in direct response to the fact Days is underperforming.Their demos yikes so hopefully they get a boost next week with Presidents Day. They seem to be promoting Wills story more which is a good move.

B&B loses viewers but gains in demos. Their 18-49 is up over 200K viewers from 1 year ago. That youth centric triangle is gold

And it looks like despite the online hate, Lane's highly promoted wedding did well for Y&R. Not a fan but the show did a great job for them.

Graham
Member Avatar

GH and DAYS still racing eachother to the bottom I see.

RoseVioletDaisy
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 24 2012, 07:42 PM
DaysForever
No, well actually only DVR that were viewed same-day as live...this does not include DVR past same day.

Yes, the weekly ratings only count live and same-day DVR (same-day is from airtime to 3am the following morning) but there are weekly tallies done of DVR viewings up to 3 days after the live airing and up to 7 days after, they also count repeat DVR viewings. These numbers are used by the networks and advertisers internally and are configured into the season averages. That's why the season averages for some shows seem a little off compared to the weekly numbers. The season averages count the 3 and 7 day DVR numbers and duplicate viewings.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Not terrible for Days but those demos look pretty bad. As for GH, wow, I think the end is near with these numbers. I've hardly watched it the last month or so because it's pretty much sucked.

DaysForever
Member Avatar

RoseVioletDaisy
Feb 24 2012, 08:49 PM
Mitchapalooza
Feb 24 2012, 07:42 PM
DaysForever

Yes, the weekly ratings only count live and same-day DVR (same-day is from airtime to 3am the following morning) but there are weekly tallies done of DVR viewings up to 3 days after the live airing and up to 7 days after, they also count repeat DVR viewings. These numbers are used by the networks and advertisers internally and are configured into the season averages. That's why the season averages for some shows seem a little off compared to the weekly numbers. The season averages count the 3 and 7 day DVR numbers and duplicate viewings.
Ok, so that's why DAYS's household number for the season is a 2.0!

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Good thing for President's Day on Monday or they probably wouldn't have gotten the 2.0. For a sweeps this doesn't look so good to me. I'm sure these aren't the numbers tptb were hoping for.

blueskies
Member Avatar

i think they're going to start going up more. It takes a couple weeks to get ppl to tune back in (at least), especially when the soap's been as slowwww and boring as Days lately. Hoping next Friday we see a jump!

Btw, anyone know what the Rev's #s are? Hoping they're continuing their downward spiral!

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Feb 24 2012, 09:34 PM
Good thing for President's Day on Monday or they probably wouldn't have gotten the 2.0. For a sweeps this doesn't look so good to me. I'm sure these aren't the numbers tptb were hoping for.
Well considering President's Day was on the 20th it has nothing to do with these ratings. DAYS nailed that 2.0. I have no idea why, but I'm glad.

I would be lying though if I said that wasn't the first thought that came to my mind. That 2.0 really stands out, but its legit. I need to look up what the Friday cliffhanger was and what happened on Monday. I was so far behind I watched a lot at once and didn't pay attention to the dates.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Feb 25 2012, 01:37 AM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

That Monday was the Brady/Madison/Ian stuff.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

OHHH okay, thanks. I hope the writers believe that's what spiked the ratings because I LOVE Ian Buchanan and want to see him every day. That was a great cliffhanger too. I'm sure it was more than one thing but that's at least a good sign for Ian.

jane1978

OldDaysFankat
Feb 24 2012, 07:57 PM
GH is toast. Terrible

I think the changes to Lucas's return in pushing Lumi together so quickly and the 1 day turnaround of Jennifer is in direct response to the fact Days is underperforming.Their demos yikes so hopefully they get a boost next week with Presidents Day. They seem to be promoting Wills story more which is a good move.

B&B loses viewers but gains in demos. Their 18-49 is up over 200K viewers from 1 year ago. That youth centric triangle is gold

And it looks like despite the online hate, Lane's highly promoted wedding did well for Y&R. Not a fan but the show did a great job for them.
Per Toups from SON the show writes 4 months ahead. So the changes we see now are reaction to whatever fan reaction they got back in September and October. Which I quess works because people were disgusted with the double dating stuff and everybody was surprised when Lucas had not been one of the returnees for the reset.

The demos are terrible and deservedly so because the show has very little to offer to anyone who doesn´t watch for nostalgic reasons. And most of the couples is 50+. There is no kind of the enganging slow going first romance DAYS used to be so famous for.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I wonder when ABC will make their decision on GH. I would think it would be in the next month or so. The show would need about 6 months to wrap up if it is canceled. Even though the Revolution is crap and has terrible numbers, ABC just might replace it with another talk/reality show. With the numbers GH is getting right now, there is no incentive for ABC to keep it.

Days may be holding steady but these are not good numbers for a sweeps month. If the show blows all its good stuff this month and then is boring again until May it is in trouble.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply