Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
True Blood: Alan Ball Steps Down as HW
Topic Started: Feb 27 2012, 08:42 PM (541 Views)
Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Is Alan Ball leaving "True Blood?" That was the rumor going around recently. The reason was apparently exhaustion. But according to Forbes, it's a rumor no longer. The creator of the wildly successful show about vampires and other supes in Bon Temps is stepping down as head writer on the HBO show.

Ball will still be with the show, but not in the prominent role he once had. Exhaustion is still being touted as an issue and money woes have been put forward as well. Many critics argued that last season wasn't quite up to the show's usual standards, though we absolutely loved the Marnie (Fiona Shaw) storyline. Okay, fine. We hated the conclusion. Demon baby was a bit much. But still, that final episode?

We're dying to hear what you think of this news. We've got some huge changes coming this season with lots of new cast members. We assume that we won't see much of a difference, at least in the first half of Season 5. Do you think the show will suffer? Do you think it needs some new blood? We apologize for that last, but there really wasn't any way we were going to make it to the end of this article without a blood joke. Let us know your thoughts.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/02/true-blood-alan-ball-leaving-the-show.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I think this is a good thing.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Depending on who his replacement is, this could be a very good thing. Hopefully the new headwriter isn't obsessed with Bill and Sookie/werewolves/werepanthers and actually knows how to write a finale.

Mason
Member Avatar

As much as I love Alan Ball....True Blood isn't really a show I watch for the quality of the writing. Even though it's on HBO, I consider it more of a guilty pleasure. Not a big loss, IMO.

LPS
Member Avatar

IMO, Alan Ball was a good writer. I could see the replacement being pretty shitty.

King
Member Avatar

Wow, this is shocking to me. I am a big Alan Ball fan, but I'll continue to watch, obviously.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I think it could go either way. I'm a fan of Alan but this could freshen things up a bit.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

I wonder when the changes will take effect. (Since I'm sure most of this upcoming season has been mapped out and/or written)

Taelyn

Wow .. I too just saw this, Exhaustion is maybe a stretch considering they only air less than 6 months, But maybe there is more to it ... And It seems like FOREVER. between seasons... I know its an exaggeration, But TB feel like it takes a year between season's) Probably because we have so much anticipation.. I hope the new wrigter i good, I heard about a new writer.. But I thought she was a script writer, noy HEAD Writer, Especially since she adniutted she was not familiar with the History.. Oh well ... Fingers crossed !!!

Beth
Member Avatar

The show is no longer following the storyline in the books so I hope the new writer has vision we can all enjoy.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Beth
Apr 18 2012, 11:04 AM
The show is no longer following the storyline in the books so I hope the new writer has vision we can all enjoy.
Well, it is and it isn't. Every season follows the plot that happens in the books but the events surrounding it are changed...so it's a loose adaption.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply