Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ABC Ratings Report: CBS Down; DAYS drops in demos; GH up Big; Week of Feb 20 - 24
Topic Started: Mar 1 2012, 05:23 PM (2,962 Views)
Graham
Member Avatar

A 0.8 for the once undisputed king of demos is sad.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Mar 1 2012, 05:39 PM
Looks like Will's Gay kiss and the BIG reveal did DIDDLY SQUAT for DAYS ratings...they barely moved an inch and DROPPED in W18-49 viewers.

NOT GOOD!
I didn't even know it was HAPPENING last week, and I doubt others who don't read spoilers did either.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS has had a 3 weeks of total viewer gains, albeit, nothing big...but in that time period they have been seeing decreased in 18-49, which means the increases are coming from women viewers 50+ and/or they are seeing big increases in male viewership.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I think DAYS could at least gain some viewers in the 18-34 demo and 18-49 demo if there were characters that age that were worth watching. Shawn, Belle, Phillip, Chelsea, Stephanie are desparately needed on DAYS right now, or at least some of them. The 2 super couples in Bope and Jarlena don't really have any kids on the canvas. Ciara is rarely seen, and Brady and John rarely interact. Sami and Marlena only are in scenes when they are sniping at one another. These families just don't seem close at all. I would think having more of their kids around could help in writing improved, intertwined stories.

Is SoapNet going off the air in March still? I would be interested in seeing DAYS, Y&R, and GH ratings once SoapNet changes over to different programming.

lene
Member Avatar

This ain't gonna save GH. Saving money, and losing some sets might have, but TIIC have whipped out even more fancy sets and used more money (useless OLTLers) since joining the show, so... it's a goner, unfortunately.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Mar 1 2012, 05:39 PM
Looks like Will's Gay kiss and the BIG reveal did DIDDLY SQUAT for DAYS ratings...they barely moved an inch and DROPPED in W18-49 viewers.

NOT GOOD!
Gay stories are usually employed as a ratings gimmick and they rarely work.Didn't help GL. Soaps are going to be non existent in a couple of years

King
Member Avatar

I still can't get used to seeing four soaps on the list. So bizarre.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

lene
Mar 2 2012, 02:50 AM
This ain't gonna save GH. Saving money, and losing some sets might have, but TIIC have whipped out even more fancy sets and used more money (useless OLTLers) since joining the show, so... it's a goner, unfortunately.
Oh I didn't know you had access to GH's budget.

DaysForever
Member Avatar

Queen B
Mar 1 2012, 09:15 PM
AlisonLou
Mar 1 2012, 08:34 PM
Days hasn't gained any viewers from September they have lost more viewers then when Higley was headwriter.
Stop making excuses for Days. Their sl's suck and the writing is terrible.
Days lost 300,000 viewers a couple of weeks ago. They haven't gained them all back.
why are you so negative about everything? if you hate everything about this show, then why are you apart of a website that is dedicated to DOOL news!
WORD!

DaysForever
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Mar 1 2012, 07:56 PM
DaysForever
Mar 1 2012, 07:46 PM
Mitchapalooza
Mar 1 2012, 07:25 PM
Yes - DAYS is seeing ratings success in Canada with their recent changes and especially this week in particular...the show has alwayd done well here, but its strange that the numbers are increasing here so much and not in the US...viewers are pretty much the same, demographics are pretty much the same, so its strange.
Where are those Canadian numbers available? I live in Canada as well!
I heard it on a radio program this morning, they were talking about television and topic switched to gay characters on television and DAYS was mentioned and that last week featured their first gay kiss in their history. They then went on to say that DAYS saw a 8-year high in their CDN ratings for GLOBAL, especially in Quebec where it out-ranked every other english language program and beat out some usually high ranking french programs.

An 8-year high?! WOW. That's since the SSK storyline back in 2004. Time really does fly.

It's so interesting how DAYS is rocking in Canada!

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

AlisonLou
Mar 1 2012, 06:25 PM
It's not just that it's the John and Hope stuff too! That sl doesn't make sense!
Viewers are tired of repetitive sl's!
By having the villans Stefano and EJ win all the time and not pay for the things they have done it's getting frustrating for viewers. All the couples have been split up in some way and the viewers aren't interested in their favourites being with other people. You can't split all the couples up at once and expect the viewers to stick around. Rehasing past sl's of the 90's that were unpopular is another reason the show is losing viewers.
GH has gained viewers and are catching up to Days.
Days is edging closer to last place.
This isn't good.
Stefano and EJ are winning?

What exactly have they won?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply