Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Downton Abbey
Topic Started: Mar 1 2012, 10:10 PM (2,086 Views)
natdot99
Member Avatar

Matthew and Mary were cousins. :puke:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Back then it was perfectly acceptable to marry your cousin. And I guess perfectly normal nowadays depending on where you live lol.

Mason
Member Avatar

natdot99
Mar 15 2012, 11:06 PM
Matthew and Mary were cousins. :puke:
I agree that there's a certain ick factor there, but when you take into consideration that it was the popular social custom during the days of the English aristocracy to want to "keep the bloodlines close" -- from a logistical and historical standpoint at least -- it's slightly more palatable.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I'm going to watch this show over the summer - only heard good stuff about it.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I have just finished marathoning season 1. I absolutely adore this series. I loved all the characters (some love hate but no hate hate). I echo most the comments people wrote above.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Season 2 is weaker than season 1, but still good. I love almost all the characters, but Dame Maggie Smith really makes every scene great.

michelle
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
May 2 2012, 06:52 AM
Season 2 is weaker than season 1, but still good. I love almost all the characters, but Dame Maggie Smith really makes every scene great.
The last two episodes are AWESOME and 2 hours each!

The finale was fantastic. I saved them on tivo and watch them every few days.

STILL.

Maggie Smith is the best actress EVER. Her comedic timing is PERFECTION. And I am in love with Matthew and Mary. What a couple.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I absolutely love this show. I watched Season 1 on Netflix and just bought season 2 on Itunes a few weeks ago. I watched Season 2 in an entire weekend. The chemistry and relationship between Matthew and Mary was so well done. The final proposal between them in the snowfall gave me chills. Also, really love Anna and Bates. Such a sad love story. Also, Maggie Smith is just brilliant on this show. Her dialog is incredible. I wish we didn't have to wait so long for season 3.

Mason
Member Avatar

I love all the Maggie Smith love in this thread! :wub: She's been one of my faves for years.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Now completed Season 2. Parts of it were overly sentimental, but overall it was great.

I know I said I love all the characters, but thats not really true - I really wanted to slap Daisy by the end of it. I like how Mrs Patmore messes with her though. I wonder if we'll ever see Gwen again - I thought she would appear at least once in Season2.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

I can't believe we all have to wait till January 2013 for season 3, this is one of the best thing on tv right now. Maggie Smith steals the show with her one liner and Matthew and Mary chemistry is off the chart.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

For those that watch the unedited ITV episodes, Downton Abbey premieres Sunday, September 16!

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Tonight!

Manny
Member Avatar

I can't wait!!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm sure I'll be downloading the ITV1 broadcast later tonight (or tomorrow) once it pops up online. :)

Tash
Member Avatar

Oh I am so JEALOUS!!!!

I love Matthew and Mary and I cannot wait to see Shirley Maclaine and Maggie Smith have at it. Two acting icons!

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Matt
Sep 16 2012, 01:34 PM
I'm sure I'll be downloading the ITV1 broadcast later tonight (or tomorrow) once it pops up online. :)
That's how I will be watching it, too. This season will be different though because I watched the first two after they had already aired so I had the pleasure of just marathoning the show. It,ll be interesting if I'll be as into it now that I have to wait.

Manny
Member Avatar

Loved the premiere!

I gotta admit, after an AMAZING season 1, I was kinda disappointed by season 2. But this premiere is making me a big fan again.

I love Matthew and Mary together. Lady Violet was hilarious as usual. The tension when Sybill and Tom showed up was AMAZING!

The arrival of Cora's mother was a good addition and should provide interesting stuff.

The bankruptcy of the Granthams was an interesting turn of events. Can't wait to see what's gonna happen there.

I wasn't particularly interested in Bates' story. And the most disappointing thing on this show is Thomas. Firstly, him being gay in series premiere turned out nothing but a shock move, since nothing came out of it and no one mentions it. And he is supposed to be a villain, but he really does nothing. So that's disappointing. Hopefully they do something with him.

Other than that, awesome!

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Where I can I get the ITV episodes, January is an effing long time for me to wait for what happens with Matthew and Mary, of course Dame Maggie Smith isthe highlight of the show for me.

Fuck, ITV episode of Dowtown Abbey is not available in my region.
Edited by Dakota, Sep 17 2012, 03:40 PM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Dakota
Sep 17 2012, 03:38 PM
Where I can I get the ITV episodes, January is an effing long time for me to wait for what happens with Matthew and Mary, of course Dame Maggie Smith isthe highlight of the show for me.

Fuck, ITV episode of Dowtown Abbey is not available in my region.
I download torrents.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply