Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GCB: Discussion; Premieres Sunday Night at 10pm EST
Topic Started: Mar 2 2012, 03:21 AM (2,537 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Michael Baldwin
Member Avatar
EE fan

Since last night, I've seen the first episode three times.

So fun. :D

Kristin is excellent in the role of Carlene Cockburn :D

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Hope this turns out to be as good as the previews I have seen. LOL at the mother's dogs being named Tony and Romo. They do love their football in Texas.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Looking forward to it. It has Colton Shires (known as Lil E from Passions) in it.

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

Not sure yet.

I personally find Kristin Chenoweth is like nails on a chalkboard for me. The only thing i found her tolerable in is Pushing Daisies but she might surprise me in this.
Edited by DaveBedford, Mar 4 2012, 03:10 PM.

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

Can't wait for this tonight.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I'm so freaking psyched! I've seen the pilot four times already. It's got great potential and it's just fun, dishy comedy!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Ally
Mar 3 2012, 04:52 PM
Looking forward to it. It has Colton Shires (known as Lil E from Passions) in it.
I saw that,he's grown a lot since 2008,I still see him a Little E.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

"She dressed/looked like and Immigrant worker" :laugh: <I did hear that right didn't I?
I'll try it again next week it's holding my interest so far.
Edited by lightandday, Mar 4 2012, 10:31 PM.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

LMAO!!! So the ranch hand is really giving his boss man a "HAND"

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Yeah, the line was ...

Carlene: "She's dressed like a migrant worker."
Cricket: "Well, I guess the feds took her clothes."

I have no idea what my favorite line is even... it's just delish.

DaveBedford

Watched it & liked it alot.

Great to see Greg Vaughn again & his character was Rick Vaughn, go figure :lol:

Some memorable quotes

"That's Arlene?"
"She's had a little work done"
"A little work? That's a tear down" :lol: :lol:

"She's a yo-yo 'er. Right now the Yo is up" :lol:

"I'm grateful to have a job at Boobylicious. I'm grateful to employer Kitten Corp, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cockburn Unlimited. God Bless Ripp & Carlene....Cockburn" :lol: :lol: How she said Cockburn at the end had me cracking up.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I already love Ripp and Carlene Cockburn. I mean, their names alone... Precious and Kitten, as they say ;)

Annie Potts is amazing, so is Miriam Shor and Jennifer Aspen. KCho's a given for me, but I'd watch this even without her in it. But she is perfect for this role.

LPS
Member Avatar

Not bad. It has potential. Right now I find that only Carlene and Annie Pott's character are the only ones with a personality. All the other women were caricatures or had zero personality. Its a little too campy. With a little work, it has potential. It had some good zingers.

I found the gay storyline a little too obvious. I was sitting, watching, and thinking to myself, "I wonder when they will roll out the gay storyline." Five minutes later, there it was. I just feel like ABC has become very formulaic and have all but reduced gay individuals to stereotypes. They are nothing but docile saints or busy decorating.

Mason
Member Avatar

Am I the only one who was severely annoyed by Carlene? It's not even Kristin Chenoweth (with whom I usually have no problem) so much as it is just the character as she's written, I think. This bitch needs to be sedated.

DaveBedford

"I feel like she needs to know about Zach & Amanda?"
"What!?"
"Oh, the devil put that in my mouth"
"Hurt me, Jorge, Hurt me! I deserve it"
(Jorge pulls her legs apart)
"Ahhh, Thank u" :lol: :lol:

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I enjoyed the first episode but do agree that most of the characters are over the top caricatures for the most part. But that is probably what I liked the most. It is just silly fun and not taking it self too seriously. There were these one liners throughout and it is the type of show that I can just watch and be entertained by. I watch enough shows that take themselves too seriously or that I focus too much on the characters that I actually lose interest in the show when they don't act the way I think they should. It has the characteristics that shows like Desperate Housewives and Glee had in their original seasons that kept me watching. My only concern is when success is gotten that they start to take themselves too seriously. Keep it cheesy and fun.

I do hope they go into how bad Amanda was to Carlene. I might get tired of Carlene spitting out Bible verses and stuff but whatever Amanda did to her in high school has messed this girl up. LOL at the line about how Carlene had work done. "That was a tear down."

And how did I not realize that was Greg Vaughn. :shrug: Need to go back and watch again.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

The scene in the church was funny.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

First nights ratings:

#1 in Adults 18-34, Women 18-34, Women 18-49 and Women 25-54

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I have this DVR'd I am gonna attempt to watch it tonight

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply