Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GCB: Discussion; Premieres Sunday Night at 10pm EST
Topic Started: Mar 2 2012, 03:21 AM (2,528 Views)
LPS
Member Avatar

^IMO, they really need to expand the characters personalities. They have the personalities of toothbrushes. DH was really good at crafting unique and noticeable characters. A lot of these characters kind of mush together. I really get confused on who is who.

I am kind of torn about the lead actress. I'm glad she's not all sugary and sweet, but she's kind of stiff.
Edited by LPS, Mar 12 2012, 08:57 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm loving this show..And it's quite popular on Facebook with my friends..I think ABC has new hit..

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

LPS
Mar 12 2012, 08:56 PM
^IMO, they really need to expand the characters personalities. They have the personalities of toothbrushes. DH was really good at crafting unique and noticeable characters. A lot of these characters kind of mush together. I really get confused on who is who.

I am kind of torn about the lead actress. I'm glad she's not all sugary and sweet, but she's kind of stiff.
I'm thinking we'll see a bit more each episode. Carlene is quite fleshed out, but the others and in particular Cricket aren't clear yet and act almost contradictory at times.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Loved last night's episode! Ripp and Carlene crack me up. I love them. And I love Blake and Cricket :)

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

The more I watch this show, the more I feel like I'm watching Desperate Housewives - new and improved formula! The whole suburbia shtick seems tired to me though. However on its own merits, its a fairly enjoyable show. I actually like Amanda more than most the OTT characters.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

This past week's episode was kinda "meh" for me.

I still think Rick's girlfriend survived the crash, and they're just waiting on the right time to bring her back.

And I'm still confused as to why Cricket & Blake are married if she knows he's gay.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Dusty
Mar 24 2012, 04:41 AM
This past week's episode was kinda "meh" for me.

I still think Rick's girlfriend survived the crash, and they're just waiting on the right time to bring her back.

And I'm still confused as to why Cricket & Blake are married if she knows he's gay.

They're besties :) I love Blake and Cricket. They're best friends and he doesn't want to come out. She loves him.

I love this show, so much. Ripp and Carlene are my new OTP, the best couple on TV.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I've pretty much given up on this. Most of the jokes just make me roll my eyes. The dialogue for the most part is cheesy. The only positive is Annie Potts, but that's not enough to keep me watching.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

^I've also lost interest. The show just seems without purpose.

I also found it odd that Carlene, Cricket and Sharon had almost zero scenes between them this last week.

Thomson
Member Avatar

Episode 6 ''Turn the Other Cheek'' & Episode 7 ''Sex is Devine'' Promo:

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

This show is losing me quickly, but I'm gonna wait it out a little longer... only because Annie Potts is the shizz.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

:blulaugh: "I campaigned for Obama" she said that & it was a WRAP!

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Blake and Cricket kill me!

I'm excited for two episodes in one night. And looks to be Carlene centered, which I'm looking forward too. WAY too much of boring Amanda in the last two. I want more Carlene, Ripp/Carlene and Blake/Cricket. They're the ones who make me laugh the most. And Sharon and Gigi.
Edited by The Room Stops, Apr 7 2012, 05:21 PM.

LPS
Member Avatar

I thought tonight was a bit better. I LMAO @ the vibrator. The show is a bit formulaic.

lightandday
Member Avatar

Well I had no idea this show wasn't renewed :( saw in my time line they pulled the plug, wonder if the so-called Evangelicals finally got their way cause every time I looked up these types were pissing right where they stand about GCB & how it devalued the lives real Christian folk live by & so forth :rolleyes: HA! What ah`LOAD them Christians got mo nasty laundry & bones in their backyard than most sinning folk do yea.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

I've watched two episodes of GCB and wasn't interested enough to keep watching. A wonderful surprise was to see Eric Winter, but that was it really.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

So sad about this cancellation. I loved GCB! :(

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I think had Desperate Housewives never existed, then this show would have shot it out the park in the ratings. But right now, this type of OTT storytelling feels tired.

lightandday
Member Avatar

I think it was canceled out because of the rumblings from Jesus FREAKS!

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lightandday
May 20 2012, 04:52 PM
I think it was canceled out because of the rumblings from Jesus FREAKS!
I agree. One Million Moms (OMM) are celebrating because they campaigned like hell, causing them to lose advertising, and the Jesus Freaks are plentiful and loud.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply