Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Daytime Emmy Drama Performer Pre-Nominations
Topic Started: Mar 2 2012, 12:47 PM (7,734 Views)
OliveAnn

Am I wrong or were Haley Pullos and Elizabeth Hendrickson not on the list of people who had put their names up for consideration?

So, the only young actors who were shafted were the OLTL kids. NATAS really doesn't like them for some reason.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

I wonder what episodes Matthew, Arianne, and Chandler submitted?

Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

He should have submitted other scenes....those weren't that good IMHO. Of all of those scenes leading up to the deadbabyboink the best was when he got the call and he was alone, dropped the phone and just curled up in ball by the fireplace. If he would have picked that sequence he would have made it I think. Picking the shoving and pushing and that shit was just a bad move. OH and I'm saying that as a non Ej, not really a JS fan at all. I'm very criticial of his work, because I find he does much of his work in the overacting department......for example when he submitted the Grace morgue scenes I thought his crying was awful.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

LuvingLumi
Mar 2 2012, 01:24 PM
He should have submitted other scenes....those weren't that good IMHO. Of all of those scenes leading up to the deadbabyboink the best was when he got the call and he was alone, dropped the phone and just curled up in ball by the fireplace. If he would have picked that sequence he would have made it I think. Picking the shoving and pushing and that shit was just a bad move. OH and I'm saying that as a non Ej, not really a JS fan at all. I'm very criticial of his work, because I find he does much of his work in the overacting department......for example when he submitted the Grace morgue scenes I thought his crying was awful.....
Even though I love JS I have to agree. I feel like his acting is much better when he's alone or acting against stronger actors like Ari and or Joe.
Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Go Matt and Chandler! I hope both get noms and win! They deserve it! Shame on Days for wasting Matt's talent.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'll be cheering for all of the DAYS nominated actors and actresses. I'm so happy to see Matt Ashford pre-nominated. He really deserved it and I was worried about him. DAYS dominates the Younger Actress category in pre-noms. I think Shelley Hennig is the only with a real chance. I don't know what Kate Mansi submitted, but she has a shot if she submitted the right reel. She's amazing. I hear that Christel Khalil's reel is by far the best so I think she has it locked down. Plus being part of one of Y&Rs most popular couples can only help. She wimped out and went Younger Actress instead of Supporting. That is annoying.

I think Chandler Massey is DAYS best (only) bet at actually winning the Emmy. He almost won last year and he's improved leaps and bounds so I'll be cheering extra hard for him. I think Chappell has a good shot at getting a nomination because the Daytime Emmy voters have fetishes for actors that have left the role they're nominated for. I'm the most happy for Arianne Zucker and Matt Ashford. Hope they get nominations!! Supporting Actor is probably the best character in the whole contest so it will be very hard for Matt Ashford. I am completely shocked Jacob Young didn't get a pre-nom. I thought he was the only person that could give Jonathan Jackson a run for his money, wow. Arianne has a shot at getting nominated! I'll be praying for her. I love her.

Does anyone know how many people get nominated? Is it 5 or 6? I think its 5, but can be 6 if there's a tie. But I'm not sure.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

Glad to see Matthew Ashford on this list. But Casey Deidrick? I guess I haven't seen all of his stuff, but I wonder what he could have used. Were the scenes after Chad's mom died any good? I don't remember them being much to shout about.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

I'll be rooting for Crystal, Ariane, Chandler, James :poof:

Chandler should get a nod for the flip out in Maggie's kitchen & Crystal for the drug addiction S/L, although it was a terrible. Ariane, i'm not sure what for right now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

LuvingLumi
Mar 2 2012, 01:24 PM
Weren't those scenes (dropping the phone/arguing with Sami) all part of the same episode? Did they submit just one scene or the entire episode?

I definitely think Chandler Massey should have his nomination and award pretty much locked up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

If they didn't put their names up they wouldn't be pre-nominated. I didn't look for Elizabeth Hendrickson so I can't say, but I know Haley Pullos tweeted that she submitted. She said the scenes but I've forgotten already. I think its when she met Sean Blakemore's character on the bench for the first time and he helped her deal with her PTSD from the accident.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Mar 2 2012, 01:35 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Thomson
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
Mar 2 2012, 01:15 PM
Thomson
Mar 2 2012, 01:11 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Mar 2 2012, 01:10 PM
Thomson
Mar 2 2012, 01:07 PM
No James scott?
Even though I think James is a fantastic actor, he should have submitted his scenes with Joe. The episode he submitted while I felt he did a great job, his scenes from the day before were much better. JMO.
Do you know what he submitted? Fill me in !!
He submitted the episode before the beastsex with him and Sami arguing. I felt he should have submitted the episode from the day before that with him and Stefano.
Not a good choice. He should never submit a scene that includes Sweeney, she brings him down.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

Vicky4Mimi
Mar 2 2012, 01:12 PM
Galen should have been on the list for Rafe2. Ali and James submitted the stuff surrounding the Johnny hiding story that is not a winner. They should have chosen ANYTHING else.
AS and JS submitted for the pigfuck?... makes sense. :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

Especially happy to see Matt, Ari and Chandler up there! (Can we please get more Jack Deveraux back on screen please?????)

Definitely Massey for the win!
Online Profile Goto Top

Thomson
Member Avatar

Does anyone know when the nominations will be announced?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

^ I think I read that it was May 5 (or sometime around that date)
Offline Profile Goto Top

OldDaysFankat

I'm actually impressed with JS's choice. He chose material that was edgy and raw vs the usual emmy bait submitted with tears and crying by most. I don't like seeing actor get rewarded for crying or sobbing. He could have easily submitted the scenes in the chapel where he prayed for Johnny but went with something riskier.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Thomson
Member Avatar

GH's Kimberly McCullough and OLTL's Florencia Lozano belong on this list.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kabre
Member Avatar

Cafe2222
Mar 2 2012, 01:19 PM
So happy Crystal got nominated. :cheers:
I really wish she would win - she deserves it and Days should be ashamed of themselves for wasting such talent.
DITTO!!! Yay Crystal!! :rockon:
Offline Profile Goto Top

miou07
Member Avatar

I'm rooting for my GH crew. I do wish Kimberly McCullough had gotten a prenom.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

Happy to see Galen was nominated for absolutely squat :cheer: :cheer:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Locked Topic