Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Daytime Emmy Drama Performer Pre-Nominations
Topic Started: Mar 2 2012, 12:47 PM (7,886 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I want Chappell to get a nomination, only because it's more recognition for DAYS. However, that's a damn tough category this year. Probably the toughest I've ever seen it. There are some serious heavy hitters nominated for Lead Actress, Chappell included.

Can't see Diamont getting anywhere near the final nomination list. Same goes for McCook and Muhney. I'm glad to see Nichols get some recognition. I hope he makes it to the final nomination list, even if I hate his character on Y&R. The man is certainly talented.

I could totally see Bjorlin being that WTF nomination. You know there always is one. It might be her year. Zucker deserves a nomination, but like the Lead Actress category, there is some tough competition for Zucker to have to go against. It could be quite difficult.

I'd like to see Ashford score a nomination. However, he has no shot at winning with Jackson in this category. The Emmy pannel love Jackson as Lucky and he's more talented than all of the actors in the Supporting Actor category.

Mansi should have no problem getting nominated for Younger Actress. I would like to see her win as well because I do think she has the material from Fall 2011 and onward. However, the panel is probably more familiar with Khalil's work and from what I've been hearing from various posters, this is her year with the material she got from Cane's death and aftermath. I would also like to see Hennig score a nomination. Ainsworth as well.

Massey will totally get a nomination. Will he win? I don't know. If he doesn't win this year, I totally see him winning next year. The only concern I have for Massey winning this year is Bryton from Y&R being in the running. The guy has a lot of talent, even if Y&R just decided to now showcase him SEVEN years after he came onto the show. And last year is when Devon found out about his true paternity, so Bryton will definitely have the material. And he's more familiar with the panel than Massey. So if this isn't Massey's year, I won't be too upset. He'll for sure get the nod and win next year. I mean, he has so much material already and it's only March and his character STILL has to come out to the rest of the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Thrilled with this list!!! Rooting for Ari Zucker, Chandler Massey, Shelley Hennig, and Matt Ashford! I'm also happy for Crystal Chappell, but with how crazy Carly's story was, I'm not sure if she could make the final list.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

Personally, I think either Khalil should win for the s/l w/ Cane's death or Lexi's s/l w/ Kiefer's abuse on GH.

I won't be to broken up if Chandler doesn't win this yr bc i think it's Chad's yr bc of the male rape s/l on GH. He was phenomenal in that. Chandler should win next yr for Will's coming out story.
Offline Profile Goto Top

FanODays

Does anybody think Jonathan Jackson won't win for Lucky? He kicked some serious tush in the scenes where Jake died and then confronting Luke.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DaveBedford

FanODays
Mar 2 2012, 03:18 PM
Does anybody think Jonathan Jackson won't win for Lucky? He kicked some serious tush in the scenes where Jake died and then confronting Luke.
I'd be shocked if he didn't
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

FanODays
Mar 2 2012, 03:18 PM
He's winning for sure. Which kind of disappoints me because I'd love to see Ashford win for his scenes, but he doesn't stand a chance with Jackson in the same category.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paul8148

He is winning for sure. Only Jacob Young with the babe screen had a shot to beat him and he was snub.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Am I overlooking it, or did DAYS not submit for Lead Actor?
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

James Scott and Galen Gering (ahahha) both submitted for Lead Actor. Neither made the cut. I thought James would at least make the top 10. When I read it was actually a Top 11 I thought he was 100% in. Nelson Branco is a moron but he's a huge James Scott fan and he even said the reel was too over the top. I'm disappointed. DAYS only shot is in Younger Actor, Chandler should have it in the bag.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Rick
Mar 2 2012, 03:37 PM
Am I overlooking it, or did DAYS not submit for Lead Actor?
I'm pretty sure James Scott did, but he must not have made it passed the next round to the official pre-nominations.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

DaveB_01
Mar 2 2012, 03:02 PM
Personally, I think either Khalil should win for the s/l w/ Cane's death or Lexi's s/l w/ Kiefer's abuse on GH.

I won't be to broken up if Chandler doesn't win this yr bc i think it's Chad's yr bc of the male rape s/l on GH. He was phenomenal in that. Chandler should win next yr for Will's coming out story.
Lexi's abuse storyline was last year so I'm not sure what her reel was this year, but it wasn't anything to do with that storyline. I think she might sneak out a win because they completely OWE her one for last year's screwjob. You usually get your Emmy the year after you deserve to win anyway. Christel Khalil I hear is the huge favorite to win, but I wouldn't be shocked in Lexi squeaked it out.

Chad Duell's rape was also what he was nominated for last year and he lost. This year is probably just him yelling about nothing so I don't think he has much of a chance unless he gets the same makeup rule win.
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

DiMeraFan67
Mar 2 2012, 03:43 PM
DaveB_01

Lexi's abuse storyline was last year so I'm not sure what her reel was this year, but it wasn't anything to do with that storyline. I think she might sneak out a win because they completely OWE her one for last year's screwjob. You usually get your Emmy the year after you deserve to win anyway. Christel Khalil I hear is the huge favorite to win, but I wouldn't be shocked in Lexi squeaked it out.

Chad Duell's rape was also what he was nominated for last year and he lost. This year is probably just him yelling about nothing so I don't think he has much of a chance unless he gets the same makeup rule win.
Actually, Michael's rape storyline continued into 2011. If I'm not mistaken, the scenes when Michael comes clean about what happened to him aired in early 2011. If Chad Duell submitted that, he's winning. As much as Chandler Massey deserves to win, the prison rape storyline was so ground-breaking that something really crazy would have to happen for him not to win.

As much as NATAS owes Lexi Ainsworth that Emmy, they rarely make up for their mistakes by rewarding people a year later. From what I've read, people predict it will come down to Christel Khalil and Shelley Hennig in that category.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

No James Scott!!!!!!

Shocked at that one!!

But WOOOOOO For Matthew Ashford!
Offline Profile Goto Top

DaveBedford

OliveAnn
Mar 2 2012, 03:57 PM
DiMeraFan67
DaveB_01

Actually, Michael's rape storyline continued into 2011. If I'm not mistaken, the scenes when Michael comes clean about what happened to him aired in early 2011. If Chad Duell submitted that, he's winning. As much as Chandler Massey deserves to win, the prison rape storyline was so ground-breaking that something really crazy would have to happen for him not to win.

As much as NATAS owes Lexi Ainsworth that Emmy, they rarely make up for their mistakes by rewarding people a year later. From what I've read, people predict it will come down to Christel Khalil and Shelley Hennig in that category.
Chad is winning if he submitted that stuff for sure. Is there any younger actor that can top a performance in a ground-breaking S/L like that? None that i see on the horizon.

What stuff would Shelly nominate? Mel/Nathan/Steph s/l? Wasn't she gone b4 2011?
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

DaveB_01
Mar 2 2012, 04:22 PM
OliveAnn
Mar 2 2012, 03:57 PM
DiMeraFan67
DaveB_01

Chad is winning if he submitted that stuff for sure. Is there any younger actor that can top a performance in a ground-breaking S/L like that? None that i see on the horizon.

What stuff would Shelly nominate? Mel/Nathan/Steph s/l? Wasn't she gone b4 2011?
She was still on Days for a few months in 2011 and had that one episode in early January that was really good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Shelley submitted the Nathan/Stephanie Breakup scenes...those were VERY good IMO!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Mar 2 2012, 04:34 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Does anyone know what scenes Ari submitted?
Goto Top

OldDaysFankat

Chad Duell is not a shoe in. Bryant who plays Devon on Y&R us an incredible actor and had fabulous story with Stephan Nicols last year and was great as was Eddie Alderson on OLTL

I'd put JCW and KM from B&B as the top contenders for younger actress. They carried that show last year.

jonathon jackson sadly will win because with jacob young snubbed there are no viable performance.JJ just wore me out last year and I just don't think he deserves it again

Arianne Zucker should be a shoe in for supporting. With Heather Tom as lead now, the rest of the field is weak barring maybe Melissa Claire Egan. The GH actresses just had no noteworthy stories or material last year.

Actress wither Debbi Morgan or Melody Thomas Scott

Actor Darnell Williams deserves it but Geary will probably get it
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Go Rebecca Herbst and Ari Zucker!
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

OldDaysFankat
Mar 2 2012, 04:52 PM
I'd put JCW and KM from B&B as the top contenders for younger actress. They carried that show last year.
I have to disagree. Matula is a decent actress with a shot, even though I hate the character of Hope. However, I think Wood is one of the worst younger actresses in daytime. She fits in with the B&B cast and their standards, but she's nowhere near talented enough to be a top contender in the younger actress category. There are several actresses from the other shows that have her beat in the talent department.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Locked Topic