Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: Week of Feb 20 to 24; Great week for GH
Topic Started: Mar 2 2012, 06:29 PM (2,648 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Ratings Report for the Week of February 20-24, 2012

(SoapOperaNetwork.com)

NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,584,000 (-160,000/-42,000)
2. B&B 3,084,000 (-201,000/+157,000)
3. DAYS 2,489,000 (+21,000/-267,000)
4. GH 2,354,000 (+192,000/-571,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.4/11 (-.1/+.1)
2. B&B 2.3/7 (-.1/+.2)
3. DAYS 1.8/6 (same/-.2)
3. GH 1.8/5 (+.2/-.4)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 956,000 (-16,000/+92,000)
2. B&B 697,000 (-43,000/+178,000)
3. GH 598,000 (+71,000/-276,000)
4. DAYS 521,000 (-5,000/-218,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.5 (same/+.2)
2. B&B 1.1 (-.1/+.3)
3. GH 0.9 (+.1/-.4)
4. DAYS 0.8 (same/-.3) < ties low (5th straight week)

Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 988,000 (-76,000/-26,000)
2. B&B 588,000 (-77,000/-25,000)
3. DAYS 540,000 (-14,000/-105,000)
4. GH 453,000 (+28,000/-43,000)

See the rest at ----> http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-good-week-for-gh
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Mar 2 2012, 06:34 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Daily Ratings - DAYS

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,570,000 ----------> Lexie considers filing for divorce / Ian revisits his past with Kate / Brady confronts Madison about her secret marriage
Tuesday: 1.8/2,370,000 ---------> Marlena & Jack play peacemaker / Sami refuses to let go of the past / Caustin tries to save their marriage
Wednesday: 1.8/2,428,000 -----> Marlena exposes Sami's lie / Ian presents Victor with a business plan / Abigail develops a plan to make Austin jealous
Thursday: 1.8/2,582,000 --------> Will kisses Neil / EJ proposes to Nicole / Rafe learns the truth about EJ & Sami's affair / John & Hope go to Alamania
Friday: 1.8/2,497,000 ------------> Rafe attacks EJ / Will tries to come out to Marlena / Carrie & Bo talk about marital problems
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Mar 2 2012, 06:45 PM.

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

Mitchapalooza
Mar 2 2012, 06:32 PM
Daily Ratings - DAYS

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,570,000
Tuesday: 1.8/2,370,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,428,000
Thursday: 1.8/2,582,000
Friday: 1.8/2,497,000
:sheep: Those ratings are just :wow: , & not the good kind

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Well a lot of Days viewers missed one of the best weeks the show has had in a while.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

I'm being lazy today, so I'll just copy & paste what I said on another board, i.e., Boy, no matter what Days does, they can't bring in the demos. EJami's actions revealed = No bump; Will's big dramatic moment = No bump. With all that happened on Thursday 23rd, 85,000 viewers still weren't intrigued enough to tune back in on Friday. I'm really intrigued as to how or what they'll have to do to improve them.

As much as I enjoyed the reveal clips, I still wasn't interested enough to watch my actual recording of that episode or any other episode in the past couple of months despite my lurve for "EJ" and JS.

Gotta admit, based on the excitement around here when the spoilers for the week these numbers cover were released, I thought the ratings and demos would get a major bump. :shrug:

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Mar 2 2012, 06:39 PM
Well a lot of Days viewers missed one of the best weeks the show has had in a while.
But the thing is, even 85,000 of those who watched the week, still didn't stick around through Friday.
Edited by badaddiction, Mar 2 2012, 06:42 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LOL - Maybe they need to bring back the end of episode previews...

Thomson
Member Avatar

I'm very happy GH went up, it was great that week !

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

The 18+ male viewers were high

I wonder if that had anything to do w/ Will's kiss & coming out to Marlena?
Edited by DaveBedford, Mar 2 2012, 06:46 PM.

miou07
Member Avatar

Thomson
Mar 2 2012, 06:45 PM
I'm very happy GH went up, it was great that week !
ITA. I hope they can keep up the momentum. They have a long way to go numbers' wise, but storywise things are looking up. :)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DaveB_01

Well they lost Male 18+ viewers from last week, so they certainly did not tune in for this Gay Kiss...if anything, they tuned out.

DAYS' 21,000 total viewer gains this week must have come from Women 50+ since Women 18-49 and Males 18+ all went down this week.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Mar 2 2012, 06:56 PM.

OldDaysFankat

I think while decent nothing on Days is compelling. I found myself not caring much about the EJ/Sami reveal because I just don't care if Safe or EJole split been down that road for 3 years now. Will's story just fizzled after the kiss. I mean that happens and you drop that moment or downplay it?

GH could give Days a lesson on vet returns and cliffhangers. Anna and Robert come back not just to mingle they are back for a major Event. Starr arrives and immediate tragedy. Im happy Lucas is back but the reason is kind of blah. EJ should have gotten drunk and gone looking for Will after the reveal in anger and maybe hit Will while drunk with his car causing Lucas to return as Wills life hangs in balance while EJ the new mayor gets arrested for DUI or more. Heck Nicole could have been injured in another car he hit discovering her pregnancy after the accident and maybe rescued by Rafe. I dont know something to add excitement.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Mar 2 2012, 06:55 PM
DaveB_01

Well they lost Male 18+ viewers from last week, so they certainly did not tune in for this Gay Kiss...if anything, they tuned out.

DAYS' 21,000 total viewer gains this week must have come from Women 50+ since Women 18-49 and Males 18+ all went down this week.
Yeah, the demo for men prior to the beginning of sweeps was a lot better:

1/23 - 1/27 = 608,000 (+61,000 gain over previous week)

1/30 - 2/3 = 503,000 (-105,000)

2/6 - 2/10 = 552,000 (+49,000)

2/13 - 2/17 = 554,000 (+2,000)

Maybe MarDar's really are aiming for the 50 & older crowd. :P
Edited by badaddiction, Mar 2 2012, 07:08 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Mar 2 2012, 06:32 PM
Daily Ratings - DAYS

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,570,000 ----------> Lexie considers filing for divorce / Ian revisits his past with Kate / Brady confronts Madison about her secret marriage
Tuesday: 1.8/2,370,000 ---------> Marlena & Jack play peacemaker / Sami refuses to let go of the past / Caustin tries to save their marriage
Wednesday: 1.8/2,428,000 -----> Marlena exposes Sami's lie / Ian presents Victor with a business plan / Abigail develops a plan to make Austin jealous
Thursday: 1.8/2,582,000 --------> Will kisses Neil / EJ proposes to Nicole / Rafe learns the truth about EJ & Sami's affair / John & Hope go to Alamania
Friday: 1.8/2,497,000 ------------> Rafe attacks EJ / Will tries to come out to Marlena / Carrie & Bo talk about marital problems
For a sweeps, that stinks; 1.8s were all they could get all week? This was supposed to be the week of the big culmination of a 3 month storyline that started during November sweeps. It was a fail. IMO, they never should have had the reveal and the Will kiss on the same day. Why not have big sweeps events happening on different days or even different weeks during that time period? Why squash everything into one or two days.

Even tho I thought we saw some really outstanding acting during this week, the stories were just not well enough written, layered or paced to get higher ratings. Sorry, Mardar, you're just not cutting it as head writers.

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

DAYS feels really stale to me. Rehashed stories, rehashed conversations, zero romance, very few truly rootable characters, the usual suspects from before the so-called reset still front and center--it's watchable if I don't have anything else to do, but there's really nothing compelling me to want to watch.

Graham
Member Avatar

For the first time ever, DAYS averaged an 0.8 for sweeps so that means their asking price for ads decreased again.

B&B is slowly falling back to Earth. Y&R's #'s look decent.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ignoring that it was a sweeps weeks, a steady week isn't too bad.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
SnB Fan

I'm going to be honest.....days sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all....

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

badaddiction
Mar 2 2012, 06:42 PM
Kevc1980
Mar 2 2012, 06:39 PM
But the thing is, even 85,000 of those who watched the week, still didn't stick around through Friday.
I wouldn't ever worry about losing viewers from a Thursday to a Friday for ANY soap. The worst day for soaps usually in viewership is Friday so you take any Friday in which you lose a minimal amount of viewers as a victory and Days didn't really lose that much. A soap could have it's best two episodes be Thursday and Friday and 99% of the time it would still lose viewers from Thursday to Friday. Hell, sometimes Thursday can be rated just as bad as Friday in terms of viewers. It seems the later in the week you get, the more likely it is that the episodes sit on the DVR until the weekend, which means those viewers who do that don't count in these numbers and only factor in to the season to date numbers, which is why I think those numbers are the only ones that matter because they account for all DVR viewing. I think those numbers along with online viewing got Days it's last renewal and will get them another one very likely as well.

I think Days' numbers aren't bad given the so called big reveal had no impact because it had no buildup and was far too rushed. The viewer numbers for each day were pretty good and the HH numbers were steady. As we saw in late 2008/2009, the kind of ratings increases that last are the ones that are slow and steady. Days has been slowly gaining in recent weeks. It will take time to regain viewers. Some weeks you will drop and some weeks you will move up. You just hope on weeks where you drop that the drop is minimal. That is how their 2009 ratings surge started with gains similar to the last few weeks. I don't expect any major gain no matter what any soap does. You may see a big gain for a week or few weeks but I think, generally, what you see is what you get with the ratings. I think there are just too many ways to watch these shows now and that segregates the viewership.

I will just copy and paste here what I posted in the other thread just to add to what I'm saying.

I don't think there is any reason to panic for Days. This is the same thing that happened in 2010. People panicked because the numbers were continuously falling, particularly demos, yet the show not only got a renewal later that year but a MULTI-YEAR renewal. Why? It's because of what I pointed out then and what I still point out now. You have to look at the season to date numbers. Those numbers include LATER DVR viewings and not just same day DVR viewing. It's clear that alot of the new viewers Days gained in their 2009 ratings surge shifted more toward being later DVR viewers or online viewers, probably because in 2010 Days was no longer a viewing priority for them like it was in 2009 so they could wait until the weekend to watch a week's worth of episodes. I know many who catch their soaps like that now. They do a marathon on the weekends. Anyway, I think online viewing and later DVR viewing numbers were strong and got Days that renewal, just like I think those numbers are strong now. Look at Days' season to date numbers currently. They have a 2.0 in HH and a 1.1 in 18-49. It's clear they benefit strongly from later DVR viewings. That is why I wouldn't worry. The show will likely always fluctuate the way it's been now, much like all the other soaps. I expect the numbers to pretty much stay the same no matter what the remaining soaps do now. There are just too many factors involved besides the quality of these shows.

Which leads me to my next point, which shouldn't have to be argued at this point because it's been proven time and time again. One story does not influence ratings either positively or negatively, especially in this era of being able to FF through stuff. You can avoid things you don't like as a viewer more easily than ever so I don't think there is any one story reason for anything going on in the ratings aside from GH. GH has been struggling for weeks and they are in the same boat Days was back in September. These numbers are for their reboot/relaunch so of course they went up. Like Days, they promoted heavily and had a big event to signal the transition in regimes so they were bound to go up like Days did for their big transition last September.

Also, in regards to Days, they couldn't have expected much gain when they rushed the Sami/EJ reveal. As I've said before, Days' biggest issue is the pace is too fast. They aren't allowing the stories to build. There isn't any time for the viewer to invest. The big reveals have little to no impact because of the pacing so, of course, they got very little out of the reveal. Also, I believe Mitch pointed out Days is surging in ratings in Canada and they hyped the Will kiss. Days was really stupid not to promote Will's kiss at all last week. The promo was the Sami/EJ reveal and that's fine but part of the promo should've been Will's kiss too. They should've had CM on talk shows and milked the hell out of it. They didn't so how can you expect any gain out of that when there was little promotion for it?
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Mar 3 2012, 01:16 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Also, for reference, here are the current season to date numbers for Days and all the soaps from SON. These numbers include later DVR viewings for each week. Keep in mind Days started out, I believe,

For the SEASON September 19, 2011 through February 26, 2012

Households
1. Y&R 3.6
2. B&B 2.5
3. DAYS 2.0
4. GH 1.9

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.6
2. DAYS 1.1
2. GH 1.1
4. B&B 1.0

Now, compare this to the first set of season to date numbers this season (this season began the week before the official Days reboot).

For the SEASON September 19, 2011 through September 25, 2011

Households
1. Y&R 3.3
2. AMC 2.3
3. B&B 2.2
4. OLTL 2.0
5. GH 1.9
6. DAYS 1.7

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.4
2. AMC 1.1
3. GH 1.0
3. OLTL 1.0
5. DAYS 0.9
6. B&B 0.9

This means Days is up +3 in HH and +2 in 18-49 from the start of the current season. As has been noted in other threads, Days is one soap that benefits ALOT from later DVR viewings. These numbers clearly show that. That is why I think there is no reason to panic. This was the case in 2010 as well. The live+same day DVR numbers weren't good but the season to date numbers were (Corday also mentioned that year that online viewing was strong) and Days not only got a renewal but a multi year renewal. I think Days is doing just fine. They just need to improve the story pacing because they are moving way too fast IMO.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply