Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: Week of Feb 20 to 24; Great week for GH
Topic Started: Mar 2 2012, 06:29 PM (3,887 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Mar 2 2012, 06:32 PM
Daily Ratings - DAYS

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,570,000 ----------> Lexie considers filing for divorce / Ian revisits his past with Kate / Brady confronts Madison about her secret marriage
Tuesday: 1.8/2,370,000 ---------> Marlena & Jack play peacemaker / Sami refuses to let go of the past / Caustin tries to save their marriage
Wednesday: 1.8/2,428,000 -----> Marlena exposes Sami's lie / Ian presents Victor with a business plan / Abigail develops a plan to make Austin jealous
Thursday: 1.8/2,582,000 --------> Will kisses Neil / EJ proposes to Nicole / Rafe learns the truth about EJ & Sami's affair / John & Hope go to Alamania
Friday: 1.8/2,497,000 ------------> Rafe attacks EJ / Will tries to come out to Marlena / Carrie & Bo talk about marital problems
For a sweeps, that stinks; 1.8s were all they could get all week? This was supposed to be the week of the big culmination of a 3 month storyline that started during November sweeps. It was a fail. IMO, they never should have had the reveal and the Will kiss on the same day. Why not have big sweeps events happening on different days or even different weeks during that time period? Why squash everything into one or two days.

Even tho I thought we saw some really outstanding acting during this week, the stories were just not well enough written, layered or paced to get higher ratings. Sorry, Mardar, you're just not cutting it as head writers.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

ChampagneRiver
Mar 2 2012, 10:41 PM
DAYS feels really stale to me. Rehashed stories, rehashed conversations, zero romance, very few truly rootable characters, the usual suspects from before the so-called reset still front and center--it's watchable if I don't have anything else to do, but there's really nothing compelling me to want to watch.
Exactly. Rehashed stories and zero romance, and no rootable couples don't lend to garnering a large audience.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply