Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: Week of Feb 20 to 24; Great week for GH
Topic Started: Mar 2 2012, 06:29 PM (3,791 Views)
badaddiction
Member Avatar

I'm being lazy today, so I'll just copy & paste what I said on another board, i.e., Boy, no matter what Days does, they can't bring in the demos. EJami's actions revealed = No bump; Will's big dramatic moment = No bump. With all that happened on Thursday 23rd, 85,000 viewers still weren't intrigued enough to tune back in on Friday. I'm really intrigued as to how or what they'll have to do to improve them.

As much as I enjoyed the reveal clips, I still wasn't interested enough to watch my actual recording of that episode or any other episode in the past couple of months despite my lurve for "EJ" and JS.

Gotta admit, based on the excitement around here when the spoilers for the week these numbers cover were released, I thought the ratings and demos would get a major bump. :shrug:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Mar 2 2012, 06:39 PM
Well a lot of Days viewers missed one of the best weeks the show has had in a while.
But the thing is, even 85,000 of those who watched the week, still didn't stick around through Friday.
Edited by badaddiction, Mar 2 2012, 06:42 PM.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Mar 2 2012, 06:55 PM
DaveB_01
Mar 2 2012, 06:45 PM
The 18+ male viewers were high

I wonder if that had anything to do w/ Will's kiss & coming out to Marlena?
Well they lost Male 18+ viewers from last week, so they certainly did not tune in for this Gay Kiss...if anything, they tuned out.

DAYS' 21,000 total viewer gains this week must have come from Women 50+ since Women 18-49 and Males 18+ all went down this week.
Yeah, the demo for men prior to the beginning of sweeps was a lot better:

1/23 - 1/27 = 608,000 (+61,000 gain over previous week)

1/30 - 2/3 = 503,000 (-105,000)

2/6 - 2/10 = 552,000 (+49,000)

2/13 - 2/17 = 554,000 (+2,000)

Maybe MarDar's really are aiming for the 50 & older crowd. :P
Edited by badaddiction, Mar 2 2012, 07:08 PM.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Mar 3 2012, 07:42 AM
Sometimes, I think there's all these excuses as to why the ratings are down-- weather-- pre-empted in one area of the country and yes, to an extent, it does affect soaps, in general. Maybe, just maybe though, people just don't like what's being shown currently. I can only speak for me but I cannot stand what's being shown on Days-- I'm bored and really disappointed in ths show however, I'm really enjoying General Hospital now. I kind of go between soaps and try to find something I can grab on to watch but there's times when I can't. Maybe others are feeling the same way? At this point, I don't know what it would take to make some soaps more interesting-- most have tried bringing back fan favorites or new writers or new something only to have ratings that may not show that all of the work was really worth it. I don't know, maybe I'm looking at this all but that's how I feel......
Exactly. And speaking of Days & GH and the ratings, while it has been the norm in recent history that Friday is the lowest viewed day for all soaps, both GH and Days had big happenings during the week of the 20th, but ONLY GH managed to increase its viewers on Friday. So, yes, if the viewer interest is there, the ratings can/will increase on a Friday.

ETA: Re GH

I've been watching GH, too, and the thing is while I'm not invested in one particular character or coupling, the overall storylines have held my interest of late. I actively make a concerted effort to watch the show live. If for some reason, I can't watch live, I make sure to catch it on Soap Net. Why? Because the stories and the characters and storylines - save for Sonny - are interesting to me. It feels like a soap. Conversely with regards to Days, I love EJ and like some of the other cast of characters, but I find the show complete bore. With the exception of a few scenes here and there, I find the show a complete snooze fest. There's no energy; it doesn't feel like a soap in the 21st century. I have the opportunity to watch it live daily, but I don't. I record it via DVR daily, but 9.95 times out of 10, I delete the recording sans viewing.
Edited by badaddiction, Mar 3 2012, 08:45 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply