Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe return for Season Two of 'American Horror Story'; Plus: More info on the second season
Topic Started: Mar 3 2012, 12:21 AM (445 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

'American Horror Story': Which Season 1 Stars Are Returning?

Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe will join Zachary Quinto and Jessica Lange to play completely new characters in the sophomore season of the FX horror anthology series.

For Season 2 of FX's anthology series American Horror Story, Zachary Quinto and Jessica Lange will be joined by returning cast members Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe, co-creator Ryan Murphy announced Friday at PaleyFest.

Following its breakout freshman season that featured the deaths of the Harmon family (played by Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton and Taissa Farmiga) who moved into the haunted L.A. abode, co-creator Murphy told reporters that Season 2 will feature an entirely new setting, story and cast.

"Everyone will be playing the opposite of what they played," is the only thing Murphy would tease of the returning actors' roles in season two. "We're writing it and we don't want to talk about it too much," he adds.

While not much about season two was revealed, Murphy did say one thing viewers will never see on the show: "Our only rule on this show was no werewolves and no vampires. I think a supernatural element will always be a part of the show. We're going to do something much more historically accurate."

Season 2 will shift from the creepy Los Angeles haunted mansion to an East Coast "horror institution," with SAG and Golden Globe award winner Jessica Lange (who co-starred as the all-knowing nosy next door neighbor Constance) and Zachary Quinto (who recurred as a ghost trapped in the house) previously confirmed to return.

Peters co-starred as a mass-murderer-turned-ghost stuck in the house Tate Langdon, while Paulson had a more limited run as medium Billie Dean -- who in the penultimate "Birth" episode explained to Violet (Farmiga) that the house had a paramagnetic grip -- like a battery, with negative energy that feeds on trauma and draws things to it.

Coincidentally -- and perhaps more revealing about the possibilities of what the Season 2 "horror institution" at its center is -- the paramagnetic grip is the same type of energy that's often found in prisons or asylums. Murphy has noted that the secret to Season 2 could be found in the "Birth" hour.

Rabe played Nora Montgomery, one of the original owners of the house at the center of the series.

During a visit to Bravo's Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen last month, Murphy confirmed Lange's return and revealed that he was in negotiations with "four of the people who were on last year's show," noting that none of them were the Harmons.

Quinto's return was confirmed early Friday, while Murphy announced the other returning cast members on Friday at the opening night of PaleyFest 2012 in Los Angeles.

Season 2 of FX's American Horror Story, which will likely return in October, will revolve around Lange's new character, with Quito cast as a series regular.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

I did like Lily Rabe (I had to read the article to figure out who she was, though, LoL), so I'm glad she'll be back, but I'm not as excited about Paulson or Peters. Evan Peters is a really good actor, but I dunno....I feel kind of burnt out on him, even though I know he'll be playing a new character, anyway.

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

TFP Kenny :biggrin:

Can't wait to see what see what they have in store for these returnees. It should be great!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Well I had no clue Lily Rabe is the daughter of the late great Jill Clayburgh

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I'm excited! Thanks for posting Kenny.

Thomson
Member Avatar

Awesomeee !!

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

TFP Kenny! Quite excited about this news. I'm glad Quinto will be playing the opposite of his season 1 character, because I really hated his character in season one, which was minor thank goodness.

King
Member Avatar

Lily Rabe? Vom!

I still think them playing new characters is lame, but I am going to check it out, of course.

Thank God Evan Peters and Jessica Lange are coming back.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply