Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ABC press release: GH registers 18 week high in 18-49 and women 25-54
Topic Started: Mar 8 2012, 03:23 PM (1,012 Views)
talbab1994
Member Avatar

'General Hospital' Registers 18-Week Highs in Women 18-49 and Women 25-54, and a 13-Week High in Women 18-34
Categories: Daytime and Soap Opera TV Ratings,Network TV Press Releases

Written By Sara Bibel

March 8th, 2012

via press release:

ABC Daytime

“The Chew” posted a 7-week high in Total Viewers (2.489 million – since week of 1/9/12), climbing by an impressive 11% over “All My Children’s” year-ago delivery (vs. 2.249 million), by 10% in Women 25-54 (1.1 rating vs. 1.0 rating) and tying in Women 18-34 (0.4 rating) and Women 18-49 (0.7 rating).
“General Hospital” recorded 18-week highs in Women 18-49 (657,000) and Women 25-54 (871,000), since the week of 10/24/11, a 13-week high in Women 18-34 (172,000 – since the week of 11/28/11) and a 7-week high in Total Viewers (2.403 million – since the week of 1/9/12).
“The Revolution” delivered its most-watched week in Women 25-54 (485,000 – tied debut week) and 2nd-most-watched week to date in Total Viewers (1.624 million) and Women 18-49 (351,000), behind only its premiere week, posting an impressive 4th consecutive week of gains in Total Viewers.
Moreover, Friday’s show was the series’ #2 telecast ever in Women 25-54 (531,000), while Wednesday’s show was its #4 telecast to date in Total Viewers (1.761 million).
Source: NTI, Live + Same Day: Week of 2/27/12. “Price is Right” is average from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; “Let’s Make a Deal” is average from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. All ranks/ties based on rating unless otherwise noted.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/08/general-hospital-registers-18-week-highs-in-women-18-49-and-women-25-54-and-a-13-week-high-in-women-18-34/123663/
Edited by talbab1994, Mar 8 2012, 03:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I'm really hoping that The Revolution DOES NOT continue to rise in ratings-- I would be fearful of what ABC would do with GH then.

I'm glad there was a bump in GH's ratings though. It's getting much, much better than what it was previously.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Were are the numbers for The Nate Burkus, Anderson Cooper, and Rachel Ray shows? In Michigan, Nate show runs the same time as the Revolution and Talk, and Anderson Cooper and Rachel Ray run the same time as GH.
It nothing but a PR letter for the viewers of GH.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

natdot99
Mar 8 2012, 03:43 PM
Were are the numbers for The Nate Burkus, Anderson Cooper, and Rachel Ray shows? In Michigan, Nate show runs the same time as the Revolution and Talk, and Anderson Cooper and Rachel Ray run the same time as GH.
If I'm not mistaken, those shows are syndicated shows. TVBTN only list/report the top 25 shows. The most recent listing covers the ratings cycle that ended on Feb. 26. If the shows you inquired about didn't make the top 25, then they won't be on the list. Here's the link:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/06/syndicated-tv-ratings-big-bang-judge-judy-edge-wheel-of-fortune-for-top-honors-dr-phil-again-top-talker/123265/
Edited by badaddiction, Mar 8 2012, 04:02 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I wonder how DAYS will do...this is the week after the gay kiss...I wonder if all those bible thumping cunts tuned out or not?

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

If they did I hope NBC and Sony give DAYS a pass on this one. They will come back in a week or two, they just have to prove their point and hopefully NBC/Sony/the rest of the sane people in the world will just ignore them.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Oh yeah and I'm very happy for GH and that ABC is actually promoting that they had a big increase in ratings. That's the first time in a long time they touted something for GH. The show has improved tenfold since Frank and Ron took over and its turning into must-see TV.

natdot99
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Mar 8 2012, 03:57 PM
natdot99
Mar 8 2012, 03:43 PM
If I'm not mistaken, those shows are syndicated shows. TVBTN only list/report the top 25 shows. The most recent listing covers the ratings cycle that ended on Feb. 26. If the shows you inquired about didn't make the top 25, then they won't be on the list. Here's the link:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/06/syndicated-tv-ratings-big-bang-judge-judy-edge-wheel-of-fortune-for-top-honors-dr-phil-again-top-talker/123265/

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

talbab1994
Mar 8 2012, 03:28 PM
I'm really hoping that The Revolution DOES NOT continue to rise in ratings--
You & me both, #The Revulsion is piggy backing off of GH recent rise I refuse to believe any different and WOW!Saw a bit of it Online Oh'MY :blink: the entire cast is all over the damn place.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Mar 8 2012, 05:25 PM
If they did I hope NBC and Sony give DAYS a pass on this one. They will come back in a week or two, they just have to prove their point and hopefully NBC/Sony/the rest of the sane people in the world will just ignore them.
If the Days ratings for last week aren't very good, it won't just be because of the kiss. There was a lot more going on that week and a lot of it stunk, including their "big reveal". I am anxious to see what they are.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

lightandday
Mar 8 2012, 08:36 PM
talbab1994
Mar 8 2012, 03:28 PM
I'm really hoping that The Revolution DOES NOT continue to rise in ratings--
You & me both, #The Revulsion is piggy backing off of GH recent rise I refuse to believe any different and WOW!Saw a bit of it Online Oh'MY :blink: the entire cast is all over the damn place.
It really is a bad show. I was channel surfing and happened to catch some type of pajama party? Tim Gunn in PJ's and a robe! :drunk: Almost like you need the stuff Bob is smoking in your avi to watch that!! HAHAHAHAHA B-)

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

The Talk

Viewers - 2,270,000
Women 18-49 - 0.9/05
Women 25-54 - 1.1/7

lene
Member Avatar

Wonder how long it'll last. People probably tuned in for Robin's exit.

AFaithL

magicsteacher
Mar 8 2012, 10:09 PM
DiMeraFan67
Mar 8 2012, 05:25 PM
If the Days ratings for last week aren't very good, it won't just be because of the kiss. There was a lot more going on that week and a lot of it stunk, including their "big reveal". I am anxious to see what they are.
Yeah, if the ratings are down I don't see it being because of the kiss.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply