Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: Week of Feb 27 to Mar 2; Good week for DAYS/GH; Bad Week for Y&R
Topic Started: Mar 9 2012, 05:36 PM (3,041 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Ratings Report for the Week of February 27 Ė March 2, 2012

(SoapOperaNetwork.Com)

NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,353,000 (-231,000/-111,000)
2. B&B 3,099,000 (+15,000/+269,000)
3. DAYS 2,548,000 (+59,000/-98,000)
4. GH 2,403,000 (+49,000/-385,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.2/11 (-.2/-.1)
2. B&B 2.3/8 (same/+.2)
3. DAYS 1.9/6 (+.1/same)
4. GH 1.8/5 (same/-.3)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 870,000 (-86,000/-42,000)
2. B&B 685,000 (-12,000/+113,000)
3. GH 657,000 (+59,000/-154,000)
4. DAYS 572,000 (+51,000/-122,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.4 (-.1/same)
2. B&B 1.1 (same/+.2)
3. GH 1.0 (+.1/-.2)
4. DAYS 0.9 (+.1/-.2)

Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 954,000 (-34,000/-75,000)
2. B&B 642,000 (+54,000/+61,000)
3. DAYS 598,000 (+58,000/-41,000)
4. GH 436,000 (-17,000/-68,000)

-------------------------------------------------------

SEASON TO DATE AVERAGE

September 19, 2011 through March 4, 2012

Households
1. Y&R 3.6
2. B&B 2.5
3. DAYS 2.0
4. GH 1.9

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.6
2. DAYS 1.1
2. GH 1.1
4. B&B 1.0

See the rest at ----> http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-good-week-for-daysgh-2
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Mar 9 2012, 05:41 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS
Monday: 1,8/2,334,000 -------> Daniel returns to Salem / Sami blasts Marlena for telling Rafe about her affair / Nicole finds out she is pregnant
Tuesday: 1.9/2,614,000 ------> Bo stops Abe from attacking EJ / Jen & Daniel talk about Jack / Madison begs Ian to let her go
Wednesday: 2.0/2,768,000 --> Sami calls Lucas / Sami appologizes to Will / Agent Walsh is murdered in Alamania / Ian tells Kate Sami is the mole
Thursday: 1.9/2,589,000 -----> Memories haunt John & Hope / EJ blames Sami for him losing Nicole / Nicole asks Daniel to help her hide her pregnancy
Friday: 1.8/2,437,000 ---------> Lucas shows up at Sami's door / Austin takes Carrie to Green Mountain / Stefano appears in Alamania
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Mar 9 2012, 05:49 PM.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Does this mean the GA is enjoying the Alamania (sp?) storyline? Oh, gawd, we may have more adventures for Jope in our future.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Its official Ian Buchanan is a ratings juggernaut. Haha not really, but I wish. Love him so much. I'm happy to see DAYS posting increases and thankfully improving some in the demos.

General Hospital got robbed off most of their same day DVR ratings last Friday and still had a nice week. Good to see my two favorite soaps being their usually scrappy selves.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Mar 9 2012, 06:16 PM
Its official Ian Buchanan is a ratings juggernaut. Haha not really, but I wish. Love him so much. I'm happy to see DAYS posting increases and thankfully improving some in the demos.

General Hospital got robbed off most of their same day DVR ratings last Friday and still had a nice week. Good to see my two favorite soaps being their usually scrappy selves.
How did GH miss out on the DVR numbers?

miou07
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Mar 9 2012, 06:17 PM
DiMeraFan67
Mar 9 2012, 06:16 PM

How did GH miss out on the DVR numbers?
The episode guide on some DVRs listed the same episode that was on Thursday on Friday as well.

My DVR (I have Dish) didn't record it because I have it set to record only "new" episodes. I watched it later on SoapNet. I found out on another board that I wasn't the only one. But even with that glitch, the show had a nice week ratings' wise.

Edited by miou07, Mar 9 2012, 06:23 PM.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Thanks. I bet TPTB of GH were spitting nails when they were informed of that little glitch.

AFaithL

badaddiction
Mar 9 2012, 06:09 PM
Does this mean the GA is enjoying the Alamania (sp?) storyline? Oh, gawd, we may have more adventures for Jope in our future.
No. As Jope progressed, the ratings slid for the rest of the week. Remember, Jope was heavily featured Thursday and Friday...and the ratings went down.

miou07
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Mar 9 2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks. I bet TPTB of GH were spitting nails when they were informed of that little glitch.
You're welcome!

ITA, RC and FV were probably spitting nails.

But, the execs running ABCD daytime were probably dancing a jig about Friday since they still seem to have no interest in keeping the show. :shame:
Edited by miou07, Mar 9 2012, 06:50 PM.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Mar 9 2012, 06:47 PM
badaddiction
No. As Jope progressed, the ratings slid for the rest of the week. Remember, Jope was heavily featured Thursday and Friday...and the ratings went down.
Yeah, but ratings always seem to go down from Thursday to Friday. No matter what happens between Monday - Thursday, Days viewers won't stick around for Friday.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

AFaithL
badaddiction
Not buying that. Ratings always slip on Fridays. Usually more than they did this week. I will agree 100% that people probably aren't loving the storyline, but they aren't tuning out because of it.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I like to think GA fans are just as deeply in love with Bryan Dattilo as I am. Purely non-stalkerish speaking of course. :D (don't you love just interpreting ratings)

purplebrat
Member Avatar

It's nice to see as a Bradison fan and someone who is loving the story that they seem to air on the highest rated days... Give me a little hope. :)

Thanks for posting..

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Mar 9 2012, 06:56 PM
I like to think GA fans are just as deeply in love with Bryan Dattilo as I am. Purely non-stalkerish speaking of course. :D (don't you love just interpreting ratings)
Yeah, I always find it funny. Those enjoying a particular storyline always seem to want to lay claim as the reason for the increase, but when ratings are stagnant or decline, it then becomes the remaining storylines and/or the writers fault. LOL! I find ratings day quite amusing.

It is interesting that Monday which is usually one of the highest rated days was the lowest rated day. Anything unusual happen weather wise?

DAYS (via SON ratings report)
Monday: 1,8/2,334,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,614,000
Wednesday: 2.0/2,768,000
Thursday: 1.9/2,589,000
Friday: 1.8/2,437,000
Edited by badaddiction, Mar 9 2012, 07:10 PM.

AFaithL

DiMeraFan67
Mar 9 2012, 06:54 PM
AFaithL
badaddiction
Not buying that. Ratings always slip on Fridays. Usually more than they did this week. I will agree 100% that people probably aren't loving the storyline, but they aren't tuning out because of it.
Forget Friday...whatever they saw didn't make them want to tune in on *Thursday*. Yes, I find it hilarious that they went down the day Jope was supposed to be relieving their "passionate memories". Viewers didn't want to come back for more. Heh.

And purplebrat, you are right: the last 2.0 rating days (this week and a few weeks ago) were both heavily Bradison days. That was a consistent figure for both days.

WGuyMd35

Am I reading this correctly - in the demos for Days, there were more male viewers last week than female? (598,000 male viewers vs 572,000 women). Looks like they also added more male viewers than female in the week-vs-week (58k vs 51k). That would indicate the gay story is helping the ratings, by bringing in men. But the days of the highest ratings Will wasn't featured. So confusing!

The ratings probably have no bearing on storylines, more likey the weather and how many people called in sick to work! ;o)

lysie
Member Avatar

Leave the fans out of your posts if you don't want them to disappear.

Not a bad week! I've liked the show more the last couple of weeks, so it'll probably crash and burn any day now.

Taelyn

badaddiction
Well I don t like the John/Gina factor.. But I Love That John is out of the house, on an adventure, an discovering he is STILL ISA...
I Love any adventure with John Black, and he looks ~Amazing~

And DAY's is way over due a Mystery Adventure, Plus I much prefer Stephano WITH his Balls, rather than the doting PAPA, and Salem Neutured Citizen he has been playing

michr544125

Not sure if this really had any effect but last Monday DOOL was completely off in the Cleveland/Northern Ohio area because of the Chardon School shooting. Not sure if any other markets in Ohio were effected by it. Doubt it is a big enough market to make a difference but could have made a slight difference. Plus many people could have been watching national news stations. That was a national story. That is why I was glad for You Tube to tide me more over until I could watch on tv later on SN. I think the promo made some people who hadn't watched the show think something bigger was going to happen with Will's coming out as the week went on. What they didn't know is that it all happened the prior week and the only thing shown was the talk with Marlena and Sonny. Whatever it is, at least the talkers saying they'd never watch DOOL again because of the storyline with Will coming out :laugh: .
Edited by michr544125, Mar 10 2012, 07:08 AM.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Bringing back another vet on DAYS didnít seem to do anything for the ratings. Maybe viewers arenít interested in watch Days of our past lives! I know Iím not! :eyeroll:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply