Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: Week of Feb 27 to Mar 2; Good week for DAYS/GH; Bad Week for Y&R
Topic Started: Mar 9 2012, 05:36 PM (2,938 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lovinsafe
Mar 10 2012, 09:16 AM
Bringing back another vet on DAYS didnít seem to do anything for the ratings. Maybe viewers arenít interested in watch Days of our past lives! I know Iím not! :eyeroll:
Really? From what I'm looking at, it helped the ratings. Not saying it's all him, but Wednesday was his first day back and it was the day the show hit a 2.0, they don't even do the preview clips anymore, and let me clarify that I don't think it's all BD, but I don't think bringing him back has hurt this show AT ALL, actually totally the contrary. Days didn't lose viewers, it didn't crash in demos, it actually had increases in all categories. It was a good solid week for Days, and the show has gained viewers the last 3 weeks, but this is the first week in a little while that their demos increased also. I guess viewers ARE watching because Days is starting to look like Days again! I also like that Friday, wasn't the lowest day of the week, historically Friday's are low, and with tornadoes all over the south that day I'm impressed that Friday wasn't lower.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

I hope B&B picks up because I'm really enjoying it right now.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

michr544125
Mar 10 2012, 07:05 AM
Not sure if this really had any effect but last Monday DOOL was completely off in the Cleveland/Northern Ohio area because of the Chardon School shooting. Not sure if any other markets in Ohio were effected by it. Doubt it is a big enough market to make a difference but could have made a slight difference. Plus many people could have been watching national news stations. That was a national story.
Nah, if that was the case, I'm sure soaps across the board would have had Monday as one of their lowest days. As it stands, Monday was one of the two highest days for the Y&R and B&B. Conversely, it was one of the lowest for Days and GH.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

badaddiction
Mar 10 2012, 11:15 AM
michr544125
Not sure if this really had any effect but last Monday DOOL was completely off in the Cleveland/Northern Ohio area because of the Chardon School shooting. Not sure if any other markets in Ohio were effected by it. Doubt it is a big enough market to make a difference but could have made a slight difference. Plus many people could have been watching national news stations. That was a national story.
Nah, if that was the case, I'm sure soaps across the board would have had Monday as one of their lowest days. As it stands, Monday was one of the two highest days for the Y&R and B&B. Conversely, it was one of the lowest for Days and GH.
Not really, if they preempted around the time that Days was on and not around the time the other soaps were on then it wouldn't affect the other soaps. except for maybe the ones coming after Days. IMHO, I think GH suffered from two things that day, the glitch with the DVR thing, AND the fact that much of the south was preempted with the tornado reports.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 10 2012, 11:45 AM
badaddiction
Mar 10 2012, 11:15 AM
michr544125
Not really, if they preempted around the time that Days was on and not around the time the other soaps were on then it wouldn't affect the other soaps. except for maybe the ones coming after Days. IMHO, I think GH suffered from two things that day, the glitch with the DVR thing, AND the fact that much of the south was preempted with the tornado reports.
You could be right, but on the other hand, in my neck of the woods - at least - Y&R airs 12:30 - 1:30, B&B 1:30 - 2:00, and Days 1:00 - 2:00, so if the same applies in the majority of the US, wouldn't the CBS soaps have suffered on Monday as well?
Edited by badaddiction, Mar 10 2012, 01:00 PM.

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

I remember there was storm last Friday all over... so good that Days didn't suffer too much from it.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

I can't imagine that these were the sweeps numbers that tptb at Days were really hoping for. This was supposed to be the culmination of a three month storyline with the big reveal and Will's kiss and BD's return. The numbers were ok, but they weren't anything to write home about it either. I think for the entire sweeps they got maybe 2, 2.0s and the rest were mainly 1.8s and 1.9s, not really a whole lot different than anyother time period. It just shows me that the writing isn't there and neither is the pacing of the stories.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 10 2012, 10:55 AM
lovinsafe
Mar 10 2012, 09:16 AM
Bringing back another vet on DAYS didnít seem to do anything for the ratings. Maybe viewers arenít interested in watch Days of our past lives! I know Iím not! :eyeroll:
Really? From what I'm looking at, it helped the ratings. Not saying it's all him, but Wednesday was his first day back and it was the day the show hit a 2.0, they don't even do the preview clips anymore, and let me clarify that I don't think it's all BD, but I don't think bringing him back has hurt this show AT ALL, actually totally the contrary. Days didn't lose viewers, it didn't crash in demos, it actually had increases in all categories. It was a good solid week for Days, and the show has gained viewers the last 3 weeks, but this is the first week in a little while that their demos increased also. I guess viewers ARE watching because Days is starting to look like Days again! I also like that Friday, wasn't the lowest day of the week, historically Friday's are low, and with tornadoes all over the south that day I'm impressed that Friday wasn't lower.
Just wondering is there a point to this! When Rafe and Sami renewed their wedding vows that day got a 2.1 rating, but the show is still failing! Until the writers decide to writer something that is new, original, adventurous, bring back the romance and stop dragging S/L out of the closet the ratings and viewer ship will never change!

SAFE FOREVER AND ALWAYS! :cheer:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Oh yes bring back the ratings juggernaut SAFE :rolleyes:

That aught to solve all of DAYS' problems :shame:
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Mar 13 2012, 11:36 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Mar 13 2012, 11:36 AM

I think we can safely say no couple is a "ratings juggernaut"
(except Austin & Abby) :popcorn:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

blueskies
Mar 16 2012, 12:27 PM
Mitchapalooza

Exactly, and we can say the same thing for any one character or vet. It just doesn't work like that. The stories have to be there and worth watching, or it doesn't matter who they bring back or feature.

blueskies
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Mar 16 2012, 02:21 PM
blueskies
Mar 16 2012, 12:27 PM
Mitchapalooza

Exactly, and we can say the same thing for any one character or vet. It just doesn't work like that. The stories have to be there and worth watching, or it doesn't matter who they bring back or feature.
exactly.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply